Bruins Talk With Islanders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from K435. Show K435's posts

Bruins Talk With Islanders

I'm not one for reading stupid rumors on hockey sites. but here one my buddy at work just showed me.

To Boston:
    D Mark Streit  $4.1  3yrs
    82GP  11G  38A

F Kyle Okposo  $1.671  1yr
    80GP  19G  33A

2ND or 3ND Round Pick 2011

To New York Islanders
    F Marc Savard  $4.0  7yrs

G Tim Thomas  $5.0  3yrs

I think if some how it did go through it would be a great trade for both teams.
    The Bruins would get rid of $3,320,000 + $1,064,000 (already leftover). The would be left with $4,384.000 sign Wheeler, Campbell, and Seguin. Plus the Bruins will get there Mobile Defenceman they wanted for soooo long.

2010-2011 Lines:

Lucic      Krejci   Horton
    Wheeler  Bergeron  Recchi
    Sturm     Seguin   Ryder
    Pallie/Cambell  Whitfeild/Caron  Thornton

Chara   Streit
    Seidenberg   Boychuk
    Stuart    Hunwick

What would you think of this trade?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: Bruins Talk With Islanders

hmm... what makes you think the Islanders are giving up on DiPietro? Have they said they want a goaltender? I'm not sure sure they are, I could be wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Where do I sign up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

I don't see Savard and Thomas waiving there no trade clauses, but funnier things have happened, we'll see. I think the Bruins staff has a few more moves left in them, time will tell. Go Bruins!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So they're going to acquire Okposo and then not play him?

I don't see the Islanders making this deal.  I mean, yeah, Garth Snow, but still.  They'll get the new Fishsticks Arena at Captain Highliner Memorial Park built on the strength of Tavares, Okposo, Bailey, and all of their young players.  They don't need 2nd tier names like Savard and Thomas for that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

then... there is no $$ left for a backup goaltender. Maybe Wheeler can play net?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

where's ferrence?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

In Response to Bruins Talk With Islanders:
    I'm not one for reading stupid rumors on hockey sites. but here one my buddy at work just showed me. To Boston: D Mark Streit  $4.1  3yrs 82GP  11G  38A F Kyle Okposo  $1.671  1yr 80GP  19G  33A 2ND or 3ND Round Pick 2011 To New York Islanders F Marc Savard  $4.0  7yrs G Tim Thomas  $5.0  3yrs I think if some how it did go through it would be a great trade for both teams. The Bruins would get rid of $3,320,000 + $1,064,000 (already leftover). The would be left with $4,384.000 sign Wheeler, Campbell, and Seguin. Plus the Bruins will get there Mobile Defenceman they wanted for soooo long. 2010-2011 Lines: Lucic      Krejci   Horton Wheeler  Bergeron  Recchi Sturm     Seguin   Ryder Pallie/Cambell  Whitfeild/Caron  Thornton Chara   Streit Seidenberg   Boychuk Stuart    Hunwick What would you think of this trade?
    Posted by K435

did he send you the link?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Talk With Islanders:
    then... there is no $$ left for a backup goaltender. Maybe Wheeler can play net?!
    Posted by bridgemanusa

Then Ryder may still end up in the minors.  Four million in cap relief, maybe 2-3 for say Turco, that leaves some wiggle room for later.  I see no problem with that.

Turco/Rask would be a good tandem.  Rask lacks puck handling and Turco is one of the best.  He'd be a good teacher.

Having said all of that, I can't see TT and Savard waiving to go there, but you never know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

whats the gm's name for the islanders?  FOREST? no way they include okposo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hey where's Zack Hamill in this deal ? Let's go fishsticks, Let's go fishsticks...I'm telling you this will seal the Lighthouse Project Charles Wang is smiling

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'd still have to cry BS!
    I don't see Thomas or Savard waiving their NTC/NMC to go to the Islanders. Sure if the Isles sign a real defense, and Kovalchuk, it might become more appealing, but there'd still be the fact that the arena is wretched, the fan base almost doesn't exist, and the team is so young both guys would feel like they were baby sitting most days.

I'm not one for reading stupid rumors on hockey sites. but here one my buddy at work just showed me. To Boston: D Mark Streit  $4.1  3yrs 82GP  11G  38A F Kyle Okposo  $1.671  1yr 80GP  19G  33A 2ND or 3ND Round Pick 2011 To New York Islanders F Marc Savard  $4.0  7yrs G Tim Thomas  $5.0  3yrs I think if some how it did go through it would be a great trade for both teams. The Bruins would get rid of $3,320,000 + $1,064,000 (already leftover). The would be left with $4,384.000 sign Wheeler, Campbell, and Seguin. Plus the Bruins will get there Mobile Defenceman they wanted for soooo long. 2010-2011 Lines: Lucic      Krejci   Horton Wheeler  Bergeron  Recchi Sturm     Seguin   Ryder Pallie/Cambell  Whitfeild/Caron  Thornton Chara   Streit Seidenberg   Boychuk Stuart    Hunwick What would you think of this trade?
    Posted by K435

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

where's ferrence?
    Posted by DaveyN

he never left the Gulf.. he is so distraught by the oil spill that he has devoted his life to saving the whales. Goos news for us!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Posted by K435

This is one of the more ridiculous rumors I've ever heard.  The Islanders, who have DiPietro, are going to take the Thomas contract to play him 20 games and give the B's back the most valuable commodity in hockey in a puck moving d-man?  No.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the Isles would be crazy to go for this deal.  They take on a ton of salary for older players while giving up their best defensemen and a cornerpiece of their young talent?  It makes no sense for them.  Sounds crazy to me.

Why does it tick people off so much that Ferrence is an environmentalist?  Why would you care...? 

And, Hunwick would be the odd man out, not Ferrence.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Talk With Islanders : he never left the Gulf.. he is so distraught by the oil spill that he has devoted his life to saving the whales. Goos news for us!!
    Posted by bridgemanusa

Question: If this happens does Ferrence's cap hit come off the books?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Islanders don't have the depth on defense to trade Streit without getting someone for D in return.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

I could see Savard for Streit but thomas is worthless to the islanders. Okposo is still a good prospect, needs strengh and conditioning work. think about it what is the point of the Islander getting Savard if he has no wingers to pass it to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Bruins Talk With Islanders : This is one of the more ridiculous rumors I've ever heard.  The Islanders, who have DiPietro, are going to take the Thomas contract to play him 20 games and give the B's back the most valuable commodity in hockey in a puck moving d-man?  No.
    Posted by bhanlon156

You mean the DiPietro that has played a total of 13 games in the past two season?  Ya, they're all set there.  With him missing two whole seasons at his age has to hurt his development somewhat.  I don't see him as the same goalie they signed for 15 years.  I said before that I can't see TT waiving to go to Long Island, but I can see the Islanders looking for a goalie.  For a team that needs to spend to get to the cap floor, wasting a bit of money isn't out of the question.  Give 'em Ryder!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

the only way this happens is if Kovalchuk signs...thats it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Isles are one fo the few team with money to burn...It is also considered one of the the Blackholes of the NHL...I believe it is now the oldest bulding in the league...seat about 13K...The area is a dump....Mikey Millbury damn near ran the franchise into the ground...The team could be a cup contender today if he never was a part of the organization...they are not going to trade Okposo for sure and prob won't trade Streit for 2 guys in there 30's... AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS NEITHER THOMAS OR SAVARD WILL WAIVE THEIR NO TRADES TO PLAY IN THIS CONCRETE JUNGLE! We might be able to dump Ryder there for a 6th round pick if we're lucky.
    Posted by rockett7

Might want to do some actual research on this before speaking about it again.  Wang was behind the majority of the moves Milbury made.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

OK, I'll be the only one here who risks the wrath of the forum by saying this would be a lousy deal----for the Bruins.

The Bruins greatest need is still goal scoring. Okposo is NOT going to replace Savard's PP skills or ability to set up goals for others, and what exactly are the Bruins to do should Krejci not be 100% healthy, Seguin needs time to develop and learn the NHL game, and Bergy suffers a concussion-type blow that could end his season right off the bat? Suddenly this supposed "glut at center" looks more like a black hole, doesn't it? Like pitching in baseball, you can never have too much depth up the middle.

As for Streit, unless he;'s the 2nd coming of #4, he's not going to make up for the goal drought that would descend over the Bruins if Savard is shuttled out of town. Does everyone forget that Seidenberg is a pretty good puck-moving D man?

The Bruins NEED Savard. Yes, they also need (small caps emphasized in relation) cap space, but not at the expense of sending away an elite play-maker who just got a big, tough, young, potentially real good sniper in Horton to feed.

Bottom line: almost any deal that includes shipping Savard out of Boston is a bad one for the B's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I would love a Thomas for Streit trade...id even throw in a 3rd round pick

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have no wrath and I also like Savard a lot (and Thomas for that matter).  But the Bruins two primary needs are better wingers and a puck-moving PP-stud defensmen...so...Okposo and Streit would be great fits on this team.  The other huge issue for the B's is cap space, and this deal would provide cap relief too.  It would also transfer old players for young players which is attractive in this case.  So yeah, the Bruins would be crazy not to jump at this deal, as described in the OP.

That said, this discussion is kind of a joke as the Isles would never agree to this in a million years...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I agree with Try to Bear it.....Now something like the following , I would do.

Wheeler, Leighton to the Isles

Isles 2nd rounder to philly
    Bruins 2nd rounder to philly
    Thomas to Philly

Gagne to Bruins.

Horton Savard Gagne
    Lucic Krejci Seguin
    Recchi Bergeron Ryder
    Thornton Campbell Paille

Chara / Seidenberg
    Boychuck / Ference
    Stuart / Hunwick