B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions

In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions:
    [QUOTE]1. Philadelphia 2. Boston 3. Washington 4. Pittsburgh 5. Carolina 6. New Jersey 7. Buffalo 8. New York Rangers I can't see Pittsburgh going the distance again this year.  I think it will be between Boston, Philly and Washington in the East.  All have question marks.  Boston needs scoring, Philly needs goaltending and Washington needs a solid effort from its defense. Let's hope the Bruins find their scoring touch and go the distance!
    Posted by 306bruinsfan[/QUOTE]

So you can't see pittsburg going the distance, a team with no question marks that has been to the cup finals two years in a row.... and you are going to promote a bunch of teams that HAVE questions marks?

Excuse me for not seeing the logic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins will finish 4th in the East and another 1st round knockout unfortunately. Lack of goal scoring and an aging Tim Thomas will catch up with this team in the long run
    Posted by dirkthehockeynut[/QUOTE]

the bruins will finish first again. as for your silly comment about timmy thomas i think thats just the liquor talking. the aging goaler as you say was only the best goaltender on the planet last season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

BRUINS 114pts
    WASHINGTON- 110 pts
    Pittsburgh- 108 pts
    Philadelphia- 98 pts
    CAROLINA - 96 pts
    TORONTO 94 pts
    NYR  93 pts
    DEVILS 92 pts

Habs 91pts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

A lot of teams in the East have improved, some a little and some a lot. There won't be as many easy points for the Bruins to collect in the East.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I predict that Imafag will finally die of aids the day before the Bruins win the stanley cup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

My prediction is BRUINS-HAWKS Stanley Cup final

BRUINS in  6

GO BRUINS ! ! !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenian1967. Show fenian1967's posts

1-Philly
    2-Boston
    3-Washington
    4-Pittsburgh
    5-NJ
    6-Buffalo
    7-Ottawa
    8-Tampa

The Montreal Smurfs won't make it and I think the Leafs will be knocking on the door, just not there yet. Ottawa has solid goaltending and more balanced scoring without Heatley.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThirdJersey. Show ThirdJersey's posts

Let's just get to the playoffs healthy... The regular season is a wash as soon as the playoff pucks drop!

Fireballer58, I like your #3!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

[QUOTE]Bluefox, I think  you`re not a Habs fan.  lol 1)Pittsburgh 2)Washington 3)Boston 4)Philadelphia 5)Habs 6)NJ 7)Carolina 8)Toronto
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

I am a HAB/BRUINS rivarly fan! In my opinion there isn't a better rivarly in sports. Sure, more people watch the sox/yanks or Ohio state/Michigan, but the B's/Habs is the best. Two countries, two rich cities, two languages, two passionate fan bases, history..etc... I love it.
      I am hoping in my heart that the Habs make the playoffs, but my somewhat small brain (directly correlates with the habs new small line-up) is telling me that they are going to finish out of the playoffs..

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

1. Capitals
    2. Bruins
    3. Pittsburgh
    4. Rangers
    5. Flyers
    6.Hurricanes
    7.Canadiens
    8.Rangers/Devils 
    Another Bruins Vs. Canadiens first round playoffs. Not that I want that, but they have a knack for pairing up against each other....AGAIN. The B's will challenge closely for the top spot, like someones else had on an earlier post. Maybe off pace by one or two points. But I cant see the B's having a Novemeber or December like they had last season. Correct me if Im wrong, but they didnt lose but one or two games in one of the months last season. Dont remember which one.

Oh and I dont care about the west....Even though I live in Columbus and we have the Blue Jackets here. It was nice to see them make the playoffs last year, but what a pathetic showing. They rolled over against the Red Wings. I know the RW made it to game 7 of the SC, but the BJ's handed them the first 3 games....They didnt play with any intesity... Sorry, got off on a little rant there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions : So you can't see pittsburg going the distance, a team with no question marks that has been to the cup finals two years in a row.... and you are going to promote a bunch of teams that HAVE questions marks? Excuse me for not seeing the logic.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, Pittsburgh obviously has a legit shot at going the distance again.  That's why I placed them high up in the standings.  But 3 years in a row making it to the finals?  I just don't see it happening.  I'm really hoping that the stars will align for one of Philly, Boston or Washington.

And to be honest, I just really don't want to see a repeat of the last two Stanley Cup Finals.  That would be discusting.  I'd love to see a Boston - Chicago final.  That would be exciting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions : the bruins will finish first again. as for your silly comment about timmy thomas i think thats just the liquor talking. the aging goaler as you say was only the best goaltender on the planet last season.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]

it's not all about timmy chubbins this season. the bruins have to make it through the season injury free and make some noise in the playoffs. i want this team to win it all despite having an aging goaltender between the pipes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

In light of many of the predictions made already on this and other threads, I have one more prediction to make: I will have a lot of fun pulling out old posts confidently predicting the Habs' demise. I could explain why but I will spare you the pain. The facts, I'm afraid to say, will speak for themselves soon enough. See you in April! 
    Cheers!

(Go ahead press the ignore button and show how "confident" you are about your predictions)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions : it's not all about timmy chubbins this season. the bruins have to make it through the season injury free and make some noise in the playoffs. i want this team to win it all despite having an aging goaltender between the pipes.
    Posted by bruinfan01[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen. Every team has injuries to somebody in an 82-game season. That's the nature of the game, and the reason why depth is critical.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Any team with Crosby and Malkin should be given the respect that they deserve.
    Judging by some of these posts, apparently some of us can't appreciate what great talent like that is capable of. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Any team with Crosby and Malkin should be given the respect that they deserve. Judging by some of these posts, apparently some of us can't appreciate what great talent like that is capable of. 
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. You mean great talent like... the Norris and Vezina Trophy winners?

Nobody's disrespecting Pittsburgh. They have a very good team. However, the odds for even the best team repeating, let alone repeating after two straight years in the finals, are not wonderful. Just ask Detroit. It's a ferocious grind, and the Penguins were very lucky last year when it came to staying healthy in the playoffs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bourqueman. Show bourqueman's posts

1-Pittsburgh
    2-Carolina
    3-Boston
    4-Washington
    5-Philadelphia
    6-Montreal
    7-New Jersey
    8-New York

Predictions-Sturm will not stay healthy,Wheeler will struggle which menas they will lose some offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions : Hmmm. You mean great talent like... the Norris and Vezina Trophy winners? Nobody's disrespecting Pittsburgh. They have a very good team. However, the odds for even the best team repeating, let alone repeating after two straight years in the finals, are not wonderful. Just ask Detroit. It's a ferocious grind, and the Penguins were very lucky last year when it came to staying healthy in the playoffs. 
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Why would you find it neccessary to even try comparing anyone on the Bruins to Crosby and Malkin? You are sadly mistaken.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

1.Flyers
    2.Caps
    3.Pittsburgh
    4.Bruins
    5.Rangers
    6.LEAFS
    7.Canadians
    8.Carolina

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions : Why would you find it neccessary to compare anyone on the Bruins to Crosby and Malkin? You are sadly mistaken.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Guess THN is mistaken, then. Their player rankings:

1. Ovechkin
    2. Crosby
    3. Malkin
    4. Datsyuk
    5. Chara

Thomas was ranked 13th, so I guess you're right... .he's not in the discussion!

Seriously, yes, obviously Crosby and Malkin are superb players. But you can't dismiss Chara and Thomas just because they play for Boston. The rest of hockey deems them the best at their respective positions, and that's not just my opinion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions : Guess THN is mistaken, then. Their player rankings: 1. Ovechkin 2. Crosby 3. Malkin 4. Datsyuk 5. Chara Thomas was ranked 13th, so I guess you're right... .he's not in the discussion!   Seriously, yes, obviously Crosby and Malkin are superb players. But you can't dismiss Chara and Thomas just because they play for Boston. The rest of hockey deems them the best at their respective positions, and that's not just my opinion.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

What you don't seem to understand is that Ovechkin. Crosby, and Malkin are on another level- Best in the world, Super Elite, Devastating talent. Look...just check the results.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Hey Sandog, Carolina first ????????

My guess:

1) Boston
    2) Pittsburgh
    3) Philly
    4)Washington
    5) Carolina
    6) New York Rangers
    7) New Jersey Devils
    8) Montreal

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

(1)Boston
    (2) Washington
    (3) Philly
    (4) Pits
    (5)NJD
    (6)Mtl
    (7) NYR
    (8) TB

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Sandog, Carolina first ???????? My guess: 1) Boston 2) Pittsburgh 3) Philly 4)Washington 5) Carolina 6) New York Rangers 7) New Jersey Devils 8) Montreal Posted by Remi72[/QUOTE]

Yah I know Wash. and Carolina in the top three which cannot be correct because there in the same division but I just plain don't like the way NHL seeds division winners.

For Instance the Flyers win the Atlantic with say 95 points but 4 teams get over 100 points (probably going to happen again). The Flyers still get at least the #3 seed.

I could see your predictions happening Remi72 and I wouldn't mind it. Having Canes vs. Capitals first round series go 7 games so they beat the tar out of each other. Can't wait to see how this unfolds. Kinda funny seeing a couple of posters trying sneak Toronto in there LoL! Ain't gonna happen!

PS. Hope that Center Ice Internet option works out for yah! I take it they don't have allot of sports bars up north of the border. I didn't see any the last time I was in Vancouver.