Bye Bye Kessel!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinsfan4life. Show BostonBruinsfan4life's posts

Bye Bye Kessel!

We Don't Need you, I would be glad to take 3 draft pick,  instead of a cry baby like you, I'm sick of all this kessel bullsh__. and besides we have a lot of talented players on the verge of breaking out down in providence. just because you scored 36 goals in 70 game doesn't mean you deserve 5 million.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan22. Show bostonfan22's posts

Re: Bye Bye Kessel!

If he leaves I am sure going to miss his goals but he is not worth 5 million. He is worth the money krejci signed for. If he doesn't want that much money he can leave. If he wants 5 million he has to prove not only that he can score but he has to prove that he is a team leader which he is not. So it will take more than one season to get around 5 million.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Bye Bye Kessel!:
    [QUOTE]If he leaves I am sure going to miss his goals but he is not worth 5 million. He is worth the money krejci signed for. If he doesn't want that much money he can leave. If he wants 5 million he has to prove not only that he can score but he has to prove that he is a team leader which he is not. So it will take more than one season to get around 5 million.
    Posted by bostonfan22[/QUOTE]

For the 10,000,051th time, HE IS NOT ASKING FOR FIVE MILLION DOLLARS!!!

Are people illiterate, or just plain stupid?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bye Bye Kessel! : For the 10,000,051th time, HE IS NOT ASKING FOR FIVE MILLION DOLLARS!!! Are people illiterate, or just plain stupid?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Right, plus it is off the point.

From what is known, it must have been more than the 3.75 mil Krejci got, but less than 5.  Given that Kessel "laughed" at 5, I would guess the magic number is like 4.5 mil.

Maybe.

The "philosophical issue" that has been mentioned is the real problem.  When all is said and done we'll find out what that is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

kessel is not a true bruin at all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]kessel is not a true bruin at all
    Posted by lucicanator17[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we need a "true Bruin," somebody who'll muck in the corners and get in fights and score eight goals a year. That'll show 'em! Heck with those goal-scoring types. Who needs 'em?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bye Bye Kessel! : For the 10,000,051th time, HE IS NOT ASKING FOR FIVE MILLION DOLLARS!!! Are people illiterate, or just plain stupid?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Ok, but he's still not worth around 4.5, which is what he's asking for. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinsfan4life. Show BostonBruinsfan4life's posts

s c r e w kessel and his 4.5 - 5 million.  HE's NOT WORTHY

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bye Bye Kessel! : Ok, but he's still not worth around 4.5, which is what he's asking for
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Source?

Kessel and Arnott have not, to my knowledge, made any statement whatsoever regarding numbers. Neither have the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

[QUOTE]After we trade  Kessel, I hope he get injured and becomes paralyzed, and spends the rest of his life in a wheelchair.
    Posted by BostonBruinsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Dude - We don't need fans like you.  Wishing that kind of thing on a player shows how much of a classless person you are.  Do us all a favor and leave.  Take those kinds of worthless thoughts with you...

Kessel may not be worth 4.5 million, but wishing him harm because of the business side of pro sports shows the kind of unintelligent person you are and that you don't deserve to be a fan of this team.  He's done nothing to deserve that sort of cruelty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NU-Griff. Show NU-Griff's posts

Nhwynter,

Save your breath.  These screwballs just like to sit around and complain because if it were up to them, they would just give everyone what they want and not think twice about the franchise on the whole.  People read blogs and unidentified sources and take it as fact of what Kessel is asking for when obviously neither him or his agent has come out in public with a demanded figure.

The funny part about all of this is that it is too bad for a guy like Krejci.  He gets lost in all of this nonsense, while he should be heralded as a guy who just wants to get down to business and knows a good thing when he sees it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

In Response to Bye Bye Kessel!:
    [QUOTE]We Don't Need you, I would be glad to take 3 draft pick,  instead of a cry baby like you, I'm sick of all this kessel bullsh__. and besides we have a lot of talented players on the verge of breaking out down in providence. just because you scored 36 goals in 70 game doesn't mean you deserve 5 million.

Thats funny Kessel has not said one word during this entire process and now your putting words in his mouth.

Typical Bruins fan, licking his sack when he is fighting cancer and mono to pop in 40 goals for you and then you kick dirt on him when you assume he wont take a below market deal to stay

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

[QUOTE]After we trade  Kessel, I hope he get injured and becomes paralyzed, and spends the rest of his life in a wheelchair.

Ignorant and clueless fools  like you is what gives Bruins fans a bad name, we wonder why we are the buttt of every sports joke in Boston and now we know why, absolute morons like this

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trv. Show trv's posts

Did Kessell have a big year, with the 36 goals - yes. Would I like him back - who wouldn't (but at what cost) Does he have huge potential - yes (so did Juneau,Samsonov,Allison and the list goes on) Does he have the right attitude - don't know. Does he have grit - no (I appreciate that goal scorers don't need to be slammin' people around, but seriously his teamates must watch him along the boards and question is desire.) Is he a team player or a Me player? - I think Me. Do I think we can replace his goals - of course. 
    These are all questions that pop up with the Phil Kessell situation. Do I think PC is playing it right - yes. Is he in a difficult situation - very. (but I think he'll come out of this with a better team.) Do I think Jacobs is one of the worst owners in the league - has been. But cut all the BS about not spending $$ on good players! We are tight against the cap and have so many good players ( even more with many the baby B's) No one really want to get rid of anyone now on the team!  So Let's let PC do his job and sit back and enjoy this excellent team he has built.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from drahcir61. Show drahcir61's posts

You really have to wonder what's driving Kessel's decision not to sign for Krejci money or slightly higher.  He's on one of the top teams in the league & he doesn't have the pressure of carrying the offensive load.  Those two things will drastically change if he goes to Toronto or Nashville. 

Is he really going to score 30+ goals for one of those teams?  I really don't think so.  He'll play against the top checking lines & top dmen every single night.  Talk about pressure & expectations for a 22 year old, plus coming back from a serious injury too.

So is this about money or ego?  If so, that's pretty stupid.  Maybe he's getting bad advice from his agent.  Maybe his feelings are hurt from the benching a few years ago.  Maybe he's not happy that the Bruins want him to play more physical.

11 goals, 19 goals, & 36 goals the past 3 years ... great potential but with a serious shoulder injury & his slight build is he really worth upwards of $4M per year?  I don't think so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

Agree with all your points trv, well said!

As far as any hockey fan wishing harm on any player, go to the WWF website don't need your views here!!! 

I think part of this discussion in the Jacobs' preference to have 1.8-1.9 million tied up in the buyouts of Glenn Murray and Peter Schaefer. Murray could have had his money, and not have had it count against the cap. The owners choose to go to arbitration to get the money on the cap. If I am an owner I want as much money as posible to go into the on ice product!! As far as Schaefer, he was in Providence, and did not count against the cap, so he was released causing part of his salary to count against the cap (thank God he was picked up or else it could be worse!)

So lets say the Bruins want Kessel at 3.75 million, now put in the 1.8 mil  in buyouts and you have 5.5 mil in money to sign Kessel. The owners are the ones to blame here, PC had his hands tied because of a business decision made that negatively impacts the on ice product.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolinabruin. Show carolinabruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bye Bye Kessel! : Yeah, we need a "true Bruin," somebody who'll muck in the corners and get in fights and score eight goals a year. That'll show 'em! Heck with those goal-scoring types. Who needs 'em?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

This "true Bruin" philosophy hasnt won us a cup in 40 years.  A good hockey team has many different roles. About the idea that PK would not do as well without Savard - b!!!S!!!. First of all, just about every team has a #1 center who is a great passer. Also, PK score alot of goals on the rush, interceptions, passes from the D, etc. With his speed and skills he can create alot of his own offense.