1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Chara the shadow

Regular season, yup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chara the shadow:
    [QUOTE]Regular season, yup.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Wow, Bim, you're post quality has really taken a Rmiller87.

Chara is a complete beast, and clearly one of the best players in the league.  To suggest that he's only good in the regular season is complete malarky.

(Please, please use the 'he doesn't come up big in Game 7s excuse to justify this level of stupidity)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'm just stating facts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Chara the shadow:
    [QUOTE]In last nights game Chara was matched against Ovechkin for the first 2 periods and held him to just 1 shot. In the 3 period CJ switched him to match Semin and Ovi gets 4 shots in 10 minutes. Coincidence..... I think not. Ovi himself was quoted as saying Chara is a top 5 D man in the league.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

In the pre-game interview, Ovechkin said that Chara is "the best defenseman in the world".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just stating facts.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Actually you're stating your opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Actually- Chara was terrible against Carolina and Philly...not opinion.

Chara is an amazing talent for sure, but until he decides to impose his will in the playoffs he won't ever live up to the hype.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

I agree, Chara is #1.  I'm glad the team re-signed him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Felger wouldnt shut up about this I think its a bunch of garbage. 0-5 In game 7's career is a funny stat. Who knows what it really suggests. Is it all Chara's fault that the team choked 3x with him? I dont know.

Could Chara play Tougher/Better in the playoffs? Im going to say yes.

I am a huge fan of what he brings to the table and his intensity(when he brings it). The team will be successful with Chara but I think he would like a true #2 defenseman for a partner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]Felger wouldnt shut up about this I think its a bunch of garbage. 0-5 In game 7's career is a funny stat. Who knows what it really suggests. Is it all Chara's fault that the team choked 3x with him? I dont know. Could Chara play Tougher/Better in the playoffs? Im going to say yes. I am a huge fan of what he brings to the table and his intensity(when he brings it). The team will be successful with Chara but I think he would like a true #2 defenseman for a partner.
    Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I think we should sign Markov this summer and rid oursleves of Ference and Hunwick.  A Chara-Markov combo would be deadly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Yes it would be. Game changing Dpair for toughness and shooting ability.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Seguin and Boychuk for Weber. He's much better than Markov, and since when do we pick up left over habs. Look what happened when we got Ryder. This will not do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin and Boychuk for Weber. He's much better than Markov, and since when do we pick up left over habs. Look what happened when we got Ryder. This will not do.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt make that Trade, id consider sending Boychuck off even though he's one of my favorites but nobody trades #2 overall the first year they have them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Our defense situation is pretty sad this year and Chara is the biggest reason (no pun intended) why our D has been half decent so far. I mean CJ played him 30 mins last game, that tells you a bit about the confidence he has in the other Ds. Seriously we can't say Chara plays badly if he makes a mistake or 2 when he has to play half the game!