Chiarellis Draft drought

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

Chiarellis Draft drought

Draft drought

This item is offered with the disclaimer that the bounties of the draft can take five or more years to blossom. However, it is curious to note that from the three drafts that Peter Chiarelli has presided over for Boston (2007, 2008, 2009), only one player has dressed for an NHL game: Zach Hamill, making a token appearance in Game No. 82 this season. In the Eastern Conference, that is the lowest number of NHL games appeared in by players selected in the last three drafts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Re: Chiarellis Draft drought

Interesting tidbit there blkgold67 I didn't realize this. I wonder if PC had say in who the bruins took in the 2006 draft even though he was still an assistant on the ottawa staff. If he had say in that draft then more than hamill have appeared in nhl games for the bruins. Still thats not an encouraging info the last 3 drafts only one player so far has made the roster for game action.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

So are you upset that nobody from 2007 has blossomed into an NHL'er by their 3rd year (2007) draft? It was PC's first draft, I guess you want him fired for not having a star? Cut him some slack.

Or are you upset that nobody from the 2008 draft has made it in their second year? Have you even considered that out of all the players drafted after Colborne in that draft, only 3 players in that draft have played in the NHL? Of course you didn't, but lets jump on PC anyway.

Or are you just pissy that the B's drafted Caron instead of Ryan O'Relly, again, the only player after the B's first pick in last years draft to have made it into the NHL before Caron.

No, the point of your little cut-and-paste is that nobody from the 2007 draft has made it into the NHL yet.  

Again, it was PC's first draft. Cut him some slack

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

If he had say in the 2006 draft that was a good haul as of today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

This was in the Boston Globe this morning word for word.

What a crybaby, overly sensitive, overly defensive, pom pom waving apologist you are.

Send your tears and rants to Fluto Shinzawa not to me.

Go read John Bish if you want to live in the land of gum drops and lolly pops. Tool.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

A lot of Chiarelli's picks are only about to start panning out now. I think he drafted players who he (and the scouting department) believed would develop in the years after their draft. 

Homerun potential: Colborne

Solid player potential: Caron, Sauve, Ryan Button, Arniel, Knackstedt, Hamill (disappointing since he was drafted 7th overall).

Picks with a chance, but unlikely, to pan out: Tommy Cross (recovering from injury), Riendeau (not a draft pick), MacDermid

Complete bust: Dennis Reul, Radim Ostricil.

Also a lot of players Chiarelli drafted last year were grinders and what not and it is really hard to tell how they will turn out, but they usually take a longer road to the NHL because they aren't flashy guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Jordan Caron , Ryan Button , Joe Colborne, Max Sauve, Michael Hutchinson, Zach Hamill and Tommy Cross not to mention a few others. The cupboards are hardly bare with good prospects in which PC has drafted . Fluto also fails to mention that some teams have the philosophy of bringing their prospects along more slowly then other teams( e.g. Tuukka Rask ) thus not putting them in the lineup before they're ready. Does that make these prospects any worse than other teams prospects ? Hardly !!! It's called patience and we will see if Fluto can write the same story in the next year or two. The Hockey News   has this story about the Bruins draft picks which PC has acquired . I think I would take the word of a publication like THN before a Boston Globe beat writer any day of the week. Try reading this it might change your mind ( or not ) on Fluto's choice of words of 'Chiarelli's Draft Drought'.

. http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/31978-.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Amazing how quick we turn to name calling....if your really a fan I think you might be a little more open to any information.  Has Chia drafted well, ok, or poorly?  At this point I would say that he has done ok.  Colborne looks to be very promising, as well as Caron.  As for Hamil...he probably was a poor pick but please remember everyone says that is one of the weakest drafts in the last decade.  Let's hope they have a good plan and hit a homerun this year with all their selections.

As for the "sheep" comment that keeps getting thrown around...please grow up.  I've said it a billion times, we might have very different opinions but this isn't MSNBC or Fox news....no need to loose our minds.  We are all supposed to be fans here. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Thank you Tuuka, the word "sheep" has become an embarassment to anybody who uses the word in regards to someone else.

As for the draft, Chiarelli hasn't needed to draft a "right now" prospect in his 3 years at the helm. Hamill, for his draft spot, is admittedly a disappointment but he can still become a solid NHLer in a few years. Colborne was drafted specifically as a project with huge potential, and he hasn't showed any signs of being a bust and is right on track to be a great NHLer. Caron isn't a long term project specifically, but because of the lateness in the round he'll end up cracking the roster probably when he is 22-23.

There isn't a solid argument against Chiarelli's drafting just yet, not because of his knack for picks but because it's still too early. The only reason Hamill hasn't looked like a top 6 is because of the injury he got to his thumb two seasons ago, which changed the way he controls the puck. Before that he was on track to be at least a top 6 pick, and I wouldn't be surprised if he still remains a top 6. He's going to take longer to crack the lineup full time but I've got a feeling he'll have the skill to do so. 

For any pro sports draft it's an almost unanimous feeling that a draft can start being legitimately judged 5 years after it takes place. Using that logic we'd have to wait another year or two before we could even start judging the 2007 draft, which still may look bad because of the lack of talent in the later rounds and the injuries to Hamill and Tommy Cross (who was pegged as a potential first rounder before the draft btw).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

And blkgold this isn't meant against you, but a message to all readers that to not take the Globe's hockey writers too seriously when it comes to the draft. Look at outlets like The Hockey News, TSN, Hockeys future or Canadian newspapers, who have a lot more vested interest in the draft than guys who write on it for less than 2 months a year. I think that Fluto and DuPont should take a bigger interest in the draft, since it's a constant vital interest to the Bruins future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarellis Draft drought:
    And blkgold this isn't meant against you, but a message to all readers that to not take the Globe's hockey writers too seriously when it comes to the draft. Look at outlets like The Hockey News, TSN, Hockeys future or Canadian newspapers, who have a lot more vested interest in the draft than guys who write on it for less than 2 months a year. I think that Fluto and DuPont should take a bigger interest in the draft, since it's a constant vital interest to the Bruins future.
    Posted by joeschmo25

They werent writing an opinion they were simpley stating facts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

They can state a fact all they want, they're not intelligent enough to put an opinion behind it though. It's a meaningless fact if you actually know the draft process and what Chiarelli's goal has been. He didn't draft Hamill, Colborne or Caron to be immediate producers. He knew what he was doing and it's not looking bad for him just yet. There wasn't really a point behind that fact, it was just something Fluto or some intern dug up and decided it could go in to the page unexplained.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

sandog , joeschmo, tuukka well said . BlkGold67 , yes it is a fact what Fluto said ,but with little else to the statement. It implies (Chiarelli's Draft Drought) that he hasn't done well at the draft when in fact these prospects are still developing somewhere else. Not failures . Still developing . And a Bruins fan ( who knows anything about the Bruins and the draft would know this). So I'm guessing you knew this ? Right !!!!! Yes.....No.......I doubt it or you would have posted what others have stated including The Hockey News . 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

2 firsts, 2 seconds (had 3 but that other 2nd turns into siedenburg, who will be signed), those are some pretty wicked picks, good job chia, if whiny fans had their way there would be 3 gms and 10 coaches every year, its only a freakin game people, i think we have an exciting future ahead.  i can understand if someone gets upset over a certain move or two, but to go and waste your time writing about how terrible chia is at drafting over the last 3 years is rediculous!  its been 3 freakin years!  i hope the whiny babys that are crying now will make a post admitting their wrong down the road when colbourne, hamill, caron, seguin etc are kicking but, but these downers wont, they will just find something else to write about, probably something about "sheep", heaven forbid someone buys boston merchandise and cheers for them, i really dont get the sheep thing myself, isnt being a sheep just being a fan.  its getting soooo old... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigThree. Show BigThree's posts

Blah Blah Blah

"the future is bright"

"lets wait til next year"

"lets just be patient"

Speaking of "it's getting old"! when are you people ever going to learn?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

ANDY MOOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

This upcoming draft will dictate if PC can draft. Hamill is still a question mark, but Colbourne and Caron are right on schedule and if you  add to that Sauve and Button things are looking bright. It's for sure PC exposed himself this year when he traded Kessel for the picks, but if Krecji doesn't get injured we beat Philly.
    The future is bright, we will be the new Chicago Blackhawks . The end  to this year was  very disapponting , but  it  was a bump in the road.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Here davecarr you sheep, heres the link so you can email Fluto and whine and pout and cry that his article wasn't just "Yay Go Bruins" typed over and over again. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/05/23/retaining_wideman_is_a_defensible_move/?page=4
    Posted by BlkGold67

Does calling him sheep somehow make your point more valid?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i say bring them up & play'em....this team could use a influx of some youth,speed & enthusiasm....have a great veteran core of krecji,bergeron,savard,lucic with some youth already in sobotka,paille & wheeler....add in seguin-hall,colbourn,caron,marchand & sauve....play on your toes,go for it hockey!.....im not to sure rask,thomas would enjoy it,but it sure would be fun to watch....a good offense is sometimes the best defense....can you imagine julien coaching that?  hed have a heart attack or a short bench.....they'd have a great PP & still have PK talent in krecji,bergeron,paille & wheeler

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigThree. Show BigThree's posts

This upcoming draft will dictate if PC can draft. Hamill is still a question mark, but Colbourne and Caron are right on schedule and if you  add to that Sauve and Button things are looking bright. It's for sure PC exposed himself this year when he traded Kessel for the picks, but if Krecji doesn't get injured we beat Philly. The future is bright, we will be the new Chicago Blackhawks . The end  to this year was  very disapponting , but  it  was a bump in the road.
    Posted by Bruins6

LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

DaveCarr is right. The places in which the Bruins/PC have drafted are less than enviable. Guys like Colbourne and Caron are definitely not misses. One could argue that Hamill is but the jury is still out. 

The impatient have a right to be frustrated but calling people sheep is no answer. The Bruins are definitely building for the future and its not PC's fault if former GMs used that as an excuse when it simply wasn't true. it is now and it's clear to see. This draft will decide how long PC will keep his post.