Re: Chiarelli's Track record
posted at 6/28/2010 7:21 PM EDT
In Response to Chiarelli's Track record
Lets see now....In three years of being the GM, this is what he is done. -Traded Versteeg for Bochenski....Terrible evaluation of talent!! -Real bad contracts to Ryder, Thomas (should have been two year deal), Morris (no need for him at all) -threw Kessel under the bus last year -throwing Savard under the bus this year -in 3 drafts that Chiarelli has been in control, only one draft pick has played one game. -said he thought the leaf pick would have been a top ten pick-lying M.F.! He had no clue, nobody thought the leafs would be that bad! -brought in too many grinders, Julien type useless roll out four lines at all times kind of players. -no need for a Shawn Thornton in todays NHL! -Puts pressure on other players to pick up the slack left by Kessel and that got us no where, last in the league in goal scoring The only positives in three years...... -Trades for Horton and Seidenberg. Lost alot of respect for Neely these last couple of years Chiarelli is a f**king Moron with no direction and poor decision making abillities!
Posted by mandric
WHO are you kidding?
- Kessel threw the Bruins under the bus last year, he's a selfish, soft, 1-way player that the Leafs management complained about PUBLICLY
beginning in January.
- Savard threw Sobotka AND the B's under the bus after the "too many men" penalty that Savard was directly responsible for.
- Ummm...going into this past season, literally EVERYONE knew the Leafs would be BRUTAL, which they were of course, so absolutely PC knew the first of the two Kessel #1 picks would be a top-10 pick.
- What's wrong with "putting pressure" on your players? That's what they're so highly paid for! High expectations = high results, low expectations = low results. It wasn't unreasonable to think that Bergeron, Ryder, Sturm and Lucic could have made up for Kessel's goals. Bergy did his job, Ryder didn't, Sturm never got going after returning from injury and then getting hurt again, and Lucic had the bad thumb early, followed by the high ankle sprain. Injuries happen, and the B's had more than their fair share last year.
- Last in goals scored yes, but at or near the top in "goals against" for TWO seasons running is worth a helluva lot. You win in the playoffs with defense first. B's offense...with Horton and Seguin (and a PP QB on the point to be determined)...isn't that far from being where it needs to be.