CLAUDE & KESSEL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

CLAUDE & KESSEL

Its a shame these guys couldnt make it work.Both have many miles between them and a cup.The egos got the better of them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: CLAUDE & KESSEL

In Response to CLAUDE & KESSEL:
    [QUOTE]      Its a shame these guys couldnt make it work.Both have many miles between them and a cup.The egos got the better of them.
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

I'm a firm believer that a player must respect his coach. 
    Julien did his part.  Yes he benched him in that playoff series against the Habs but he was horrible the first two games. 
    All he did was make Kessel a better player and if he never understood that he will one day.  It's not the last time a coach will bench him or show him what he's doing wrong.
    After that Julien has put him in every situation to make him successful.  Powerplay, Shootout, Penalty killing , 6 on 5 when needed extra skater, the 1ST LINE with Savy.
    WHAT EGO ARE YOU TAKING ABOUT ?  Oh yes Kessel's ego.
    There are many prima-donna's in today's professional sports and it's too bad society thinks they need the extra attention.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE & KESSEL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to CLAUDE & KESSEL : I'm a firm believer that a player must respect his coach.  Julien did his part.  Yes he benched him in that playoff series against the Habs but he was horrible the first two games.  All he did was make Kessel a better player and if he never understood that he will one day.  It's not the last time a coach will bench him or show him what he's doing wrong. After that Julien has put him in every situation to make him successful.  Powerplay, Shootout, Penalty killing , 6 on 5 when needed extra skater, the 1ST LINE with Savy. WHAT EGO ARE YOU TAKING ABOUT ?  Oh yes Kessel's ego. There are many prima-donna's in today's professional sports and it's too bad society thinks they need the extra attention.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]         So did a whole lot of other Bruins in that series.Did he bench them?This got real personal at the end of that year,enter Ryder.These were two egoes that did not know how to communicate.They both could be a lot closer to the cup this year they were together.What a shame.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kessel in the series two years ago was the worse one of the bunch that caused a couple of turnovers , in his own zone and Julien had to choose a player. he wasn't gong to bench the whole team. 
    You're saying Kessel was not man enough to understand because if he wanted to be traded for being benched game3,  it's pretty childish.
    I agree with you 100% and have said it all along  that the Bruins are a better team with Kessel rather than not. This is my opinion .
    Not to get too much into this Kessel saga again and again.....
    There are reasons beyond our comprehension as of why Kessel is not with the Bruins. Some of you got it but it's not because of Julien and Kessel's relationship. Again , he put Kessel in every possibility to have success and he did. That makes a coach happy. Point finale !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Phil Kessel chose his road and wither we like it or not he is scoring goals for the Leafs. In his 4 games he has 4 goals and any one of those goals could have helped the Bruins win a game or two. There are two sides to every story but Kessel is doing his job without Savy and playing like the star he is.
    We have lost a good player and I hope the coach continues to be worth it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]Phil Kessel chose his road and wither we like it or not he is scoring goals for the Leafs. In his 4 games he has 4 goals and any one of those goals could have helped the Bruins win a game or two. There are two sides to every story but Kessel is doing his job without Savy and playing like the star he is. We have lost a good player and I hope the coach continues to be worth it.
    Posted by brunod[/QUOTE]      You said it all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Phil Kessel chose his road and wither we like it or not he is scoring goals for the Leafs. In his 4 games he has 4 goals and any one of those goals could have helped the Bruins win a game or two. There are two sides to every story but Kessel is doing his job without Savy and playing like the star he is. We have lost a good player and I hope the coach continues to be worth it.
    Posted by brunod[/QUOTE]

Well put.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLAUDE & KESSEL :       You said it all.
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's scoring goals, but I watched ten minutes of the Leafs game on Saturday and saw him repeatedly over-handle the puck trying to do it all himself, get stripped, and see the puck go back the other way.  His back-checking when that happens has regressed.  He'll score goals and the Leafs will lose because Wilson and Burke can't afford to have him fail, so they'll let him freelance.  They also have noboby else on that team who can score, so they'll let Kessel do whatever he needs to do to score and pray that Jonie loves Chachisson can keep the game close.  You don't win that way.  I still don't miss him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I will feel a lot better if/when that #1 pick(and second rounder) come into the B's lineup.  It may be a while, but we gave up a big talent for a future piece/s to the puzzle.  Right now- it doesn't feel like a great move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

Bottom line is Julien didnt like Kessel. Ha said it himself... he had to deal with a kid who has been told he is a super star everywhere he goes. Probelm is, he was and is and will be. Its not Kessels fault he is not here. Why would he want to play for soemone he knew wasnt going to put you in the position to prove yourself. When have you ever seen the best pure goal scorer on a team not play on the first power play (with his line mate mind you). Who'd you see in a shootout when you needed to win though? he only put him in teh position when he absolutley had to. Julien didnt like him and he knew it and thats why he is gone. He woudl have scored 50 last year if was on the first power play. No doubt.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

Oh, one more thing...
    What would have helped Boston to a stanley cup more? Kessel or Julien. If they dont get a #1 i would bet anything the whole organization in 2 years is re-building again. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLAUDE & KESSEL : Yeah, he's scoring goals, but I watched ten minutes of the Leafs game on Saturday and saw him repeatedly over-handle the puck trying to do it all himself, get stripped, and see the puck go back the other way.  His back-checking when that happens has regressed.  He'll score goals and the Leafs will lose because Wilson and Burke can't afford to have him fail, so they'll let him freelance.  They also have noboby else on that team who can score, so they'll let Kessel do whatever he needs to do to score and pray that Jonie loves Chachisson can keep the game close.  You don't win that way.  I still don't miss him.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

The point is... he is a goal scorer, and a very good one, and we had him. He is what you see but we needed that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I will feel a lot better if/when that #1 pick(and second rounder) come into the B's lineup.  It may be a while, but we gave up a big talent for a future piece/s to the puzzle.  Right now- it doesn't feel like a great move.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

TWO

TWO

TWO

$%^&*()))_  It's TWO first round picks.  TWO.  TWO
    That's 2
    one more than one
    1+1
    two first round picks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And another few things about Kessel.
    He back checks and only plays his best when somebody lights a fire under his but.
    Over handles the puck - WHEN?  WHEN?  Not like Samsonov - another guy who isn't the biggest in the world - Samsonov over handles when he could get CLOBBERED, note when Kessel over handles - OPEN ICE, NEVER tries to stick handle in deep.  Never risks getting hit. 

Any GWG in Toronto yet?  NO.

How is Toronto going to improve?  Are the players they have going to get better with age?  From where I sit, they won't be much better next year.

Never mind being uncoachable by Claude - look at his history -
    ANYBODY WANT TO TELL ME WHICH COACH HE DID GET ALONG WITH??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

How many times does it need to be said? Claude would have loved to have Kessel back. PK was very talented, and like him or not, he would have kept making him a better player, and it would have helped the team win. Cheirelli would have loved to have Kessel back. But Phil wanted out. He was NOT going to sign with the Bruins no matter what they offered. Why do you think Toronto gave up two first rounders and a second rounder instead of simply signing the big offer sheet and only having to give up one first, a second, and a third round pick?

Think about it!

It's because Kessel WOULD NOT sign an offer sheet with Toronto. Why? Because he was afraid Boston would match it, and he'd be stuck playing for a team he didn't want to play for, regardless of the cost! So the only way it would end well for any was for a trade that made everyone happy.

Kessel wasn't coming back, and there's nothing the B's could have done about it, so stop blaming Claude, Chiarelli, Jacobs, or anyone in the B's organization!

And Kessel was benched in the playoffs, and not any of the other underperformers, because the others were showing good work ethic. They were TRYING, just not able to get it together. Kessel had the ability, just refused to apply himself, so he got benched.

The team misses his goals, sure, but not his charector. And with Toronto being only 1 point away from last place, it's still looking good that the B's might get the 1st overall pick for him!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Why do you think Toronto gave up two first rounders and a second rounder instead of simply signing the big offer sheet and only having to give up one first,a second, and a third round pick? Think about it! It's because Kessel WOULD NOT sign an offer sheet with Toronto. Why? Because he was afraid Boston would match it, and he'd be stuck playing for a team he didn't want to play for, regardless of the cost! Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

Very good point.  With all the spins on who wanted out or wanted him out this to me proves whom wanted out. 
    Now we know the theory behind the Leafs decision.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Whos Kessel, I heard of some D@#$-bag with that name who played hockey here years ago. I also think this is the the guy who is about to be responsible for giving the B's our Ovechkin, Crosby, Nash at next years draft? Life is good :-) 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]Bottom line is Julien didnt like Kessel. Ha said it himself... he had to deal with a kid who has been told he is a super star everywhere he goes. Probelm is, he was and is and will be. Its not Kessels fault he is not here. Why would he want to play for soemone he knew wasnt going to put you in the position to prove yourself. When have you ever seen the best pure goal scorer on a team not play on the first power play (with his line mate mind you). Who'd you see in a shootout when you needed to win though? he only put him in teh position when he absolutley had to. Julien didnt like him and he knew it and thats why he is gone. He woudl have scored 50 last year if was on the first power play. No doubt.  
    Posted by ryder73[/QUOTE]

lots and lots of doubt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CLAUDE & KESSEL : Very good point.  With all the spins on who wanted out or wanted him out this to me proves whom wanted out.  Now we know the theory behind the Leafs decision.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I was going to post that the Bruins would have lost their right to match (something often commented upon on these boards at the time) after a certain date, but I can't find that in the CBA anywhere (not on the Critical Dates list at least - Exhibit 15).  Is this something someone can clarify for me?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

So Kessel's gone and we deal with our remaining players.  It's a crap shoot.  Savard is supposed to be signing soon, Lucic while not the goal scorer plays with heart, thunderous hits and motivation.  Kessel is a wimp who needed to get benched during the playoffs.  Kessel is not Kovalchuk.  I'd be more upset if we lost him instead of Kessel.  Let's see, Thornton didn't bring any cups to town.  I think they are playing smart and signing long-term guys with a long-term plan.  Think of the money Jacobs would make if we won a cup.  Plus Jacobs hates Ilitch.  We could end up on the better side of this trade with the picks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]How many times does it need to be said? Claude would have loved to have Kessel back. PK was very talented, and like him or not, he would have kept making him a better player, and it would have helped the team win. Cheirelli would have loved to have Kessel back. But Phil wanted out. He was NOT going to sign with the Bruins no matter what they offered. Why do you think Toronto gave up two first rounders and a second rounder instead of simply signing the big offer sheet and only having to give up one first, a second, and a third round pick? Think about it! It's because Kessel WOULD NOT sign an offer sheet with Toronto. Why? Because he was afraid Boston would match it, and he'd be stuck playing for a team he didn't want to play for, regardless of the cost! So the only way it would end well for any was for a trade that made everyone happy. Kessel wasn't coming back, and there's nothing the B's could have done about it, so stop blaming Claude, Chiarelli, Jacobs, or anyone in the B's organization! And Kessel was benched in the playoffs, and not any of the other underperformers, because the others were showing good work ethic. They were TRYING, just not able to get it together. Kessel had the ability, just refused to apply himself, so he got benched. The team misses his goals, sure, but not his charector. And with Toronto being only 1 point away from last place, it's still looking good that the B's might get the 1st overall pick for him!
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

now tell me why would a kid who was so excited to ber drafted by boston, a kid that his own friend blake wheeeler said, if he had is way he would have stayed in boston.why would he want to leave , ill tell u why because they did not treat him the way he should have been treated and that's it.

cut th epie the way you want but these thingas always seem tio happen here. We are the laughing stock of all organizations.

we will never be a winner, and that's that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]So Kessel's gone and we deal with our remaining players.  It's a crap shoot.  Savard is supposed to be signing soon, Lucic while not the goal scorer plays with heart, thunderous hits and motivation.  Kessel is a wimp who needed to get benched during the playoffs.  Kessel is not Kovalchuk.  I'd be more upset if we lost him instead of Kessel.  Let's see, Thornton didn't bring any cups to town.  I think they are playing smart and signing long-term guys with a long-term plan.  Think of the money Jacobs would make if we won a cup.  Plus Jacobs hates Ilitch.  We could end up on the better side of this trade with the picks.
    Posted by Believe1[/QUOTE]

I just don't see how this will not end up being great for us.  Toronto is horrible this year, they are not getting any better - and Burke will have to pull off a great deal to get himself some players come this summer's free agency. 

There have been some meat heads saying that Toronto isn't going to finish last, I say there is a good chance they will.  Besides, it doesn't matter since they only have to be in the bottom five.  And come on, it will take a MIRACLE for that NOT to happen.

Some one explain to me how that team is going to get any better in the next few years without any #1 picks. 

Two high first round picks over the next two years gives me the warm and fuzzies, I'll tell you that.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

This #1 pick for the Islanders with all the points this year,would he pass the Big bad bruins sniff test?????? no way,this sniff test just stinks in this city.We will not see another cup untill we stop chasing talent away.