Claude Julien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Claude Julien

I have pretty well defended this guy all year, but the truth of the matter is he should be relieved of his duties after the season..JJ bite the bullet and get someone in here who does a better job of in game managing than CJ.. Here are some of my pet peeves with CJ :

1. Continues to roll 4 lines no matter the circumstance..
    2. If I see the 4th line on the ice again in the last two minutes to go in the game I will  explode..
    3. Does he not believe in double shifting some guys like Krejci, Bergeron, Wheeler in games to create offense...
    4. When is he going to hold some guys accountable for lack of effort.. I don't think he has ridden anyone hard this year except TT..
    5. His handling of the goaltending this season was horrible..
    6. Did not make his assistants accountable this year , ie Geoff Ward and his PP specialty is a joke.... any other team and he would have been gone ..Fire him too..
    7. I believe he has killed the fire within the Bruins organization with his " pansification " of the team due to his insistance  of showing team restraint and controlling  their emotions on the ice .. That is not who the Bruins are .. Therefor he has to go...there is a reason he doesn't last long in one place...
    8. I think some players have tuned him out.. Chara being one of them..this guy obviously has been told by old CJ to be a lover not a fighter sort of speak..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Re: Claude Julien

I couldnt agree with your post more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

I too have defended him. Then I conceded that he made some mistakes, but defended him still. But the truth is, he's dry. He's got no juice in him left, as is evidenced by the fact that it took a motivational speech by none other than Chiarelli to motivate them last week.

I am done with Julien. The only emotion he ever shows is sort of like an old man's grumpiness, now and then, and if I can see the lack of passion, so can the players.

Done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Agreed.  I too have been a supporter of CJ, and was willing to cut him some slack this season.  That said, I have seen about enough of this rudderless ship of a team.  Like Mike Millbury said when Don Cherry was on, the team is obviously no fun to be on.  Everyone is too afraid to make a mistake to use any creativity whatsoever.

It appears that CJ has gone past his expiration date in Boston.  I would like nothing better than for him to prove us wrong by reaching and then advancing in the playoffs.  Sadly, that is looking less likely with almost every passing game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beerpaul. Show beerpaul's posts

I am very concerned Julien is going to talk his team out of retaliation on Thursday.   He's go to be preaching and pleading for his team to focus on winning.....rather that "gooning it up".  Because they are: in a dog fight to make the playoffs(are the Bruins going to do anything in the playoffs the way they've played this year...and no Savard?........NO).   The players need a pre-game speech by somebody who would really rile and fire the players anger up.   Wayne Cashman maybe?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

How about Stuart??

Incidentally, just watch Sturm on the last play--the Bergie goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB36Q-QiD2M

Watching this again actually gave me hope for this team, for a brief moment.

Wow can this guy skate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Pretty well agree with everything said here . We have a team of passive players . We need more grit in the lineup . No emotion on this team. Mark Stuart is the only one of late who has been playing with fire . We are what we are for the rest of the year and hopefully scrappy players with some toughness and skill will be brought in this summer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

There is no way Miro Satan should be replacing Brad Marchand on that newly constituted - and very promising - 3rd line of Lucic/Sobotka/Marchand. I know why Satan was picked up. But now he looks like a spare part.

Julien has moved the coconut shells every which way, especially the 3rd and 4th line, but now, with the injury to Savard, a clear picture of 4 decent lines is emerging. 3rd Line Lucic/Sobotka/Marchand...4th Line Paille/Begin/Thornton. Satan sits.

I think it's almost more vital to have the 3rd and 4th lines set than it is the 1st and 2nd. Your 'checking' or 'energy' (yech!) lines should be going over the boards secure and with clear indications of their worth and identity. They know who they are and what they are to do every shift. 

Julien's gotta stop 'squeezing the stick' so tightly. Set these lines and let them play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL...I also defended the guy and also believe the players are accountable.  They came into the season thinking they would finish in 1st. 
    I said it earlier this year that it drives me nuts when he rolls 4 lines .  That system is to have a team play consistent for 3 full periods and one full season.
    Has it worked ?  NO !  
    This system is supposed keep a team healthy,  again , I asked has it worked ?  NO  ! Team cannot stay healthy .Did it work last season into the playoffs ? NO. 
    So Mr. Claude Julien rolling 4 lines , with this team, in a cap era , does not work.
    I can finally say it as now we're at about 14 games to go and the team still cannot play 3 full periods.  It's failed.
    I don't think they will change the coach although I think someone will have a talk with him over the summer. To his defense he will ask for help upfront in the scoring department. Last season when they were scoring nobody questioned his abilities and if they did he proved them wrong.
    Right now his stubbornness has questioned his credibility and he'de better wake up.
    As for Ward .....  ridiculous how he has one job to do and they still don't get it right. Shouild have ben replaced ages ago. Only Recchi dares go to the front of the net ,  it's just not enough !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BergysStache. Show BergysStache's posts

@cowboys9

It's funny you mention item #6, as I was just thinking last night when they went on the PP late in the game that it wasn't going to accomplish anything because it never does... Got me to thinking with a system that has not worked all season, it's pretty stubborn/arrogant/idiotic to just keep on using the same system and not changing things up. The devils were double covering the man with the puck on the power play last night because the league knows how ineffective they are and are not scared to go after them aggressivly. Couple that with the fact that the Bruins have a hard time skating the puck in without resorting to dump and run. Useless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

With all the tv timeouts you do not need to just roll four lines
    After the timeouts players are well rested and you need to play your better players
    you need to constantly juggle lines
    Just look at Babcock juring the Olympics he ended up with Crosby-Iggy-Stall

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i too have been a Julien supporter who now sees it's time to change him or his offensive coach. Shifting Marchand did nothing for anyone. Satan should be the spare part. Should have pulled TT sfter he stumbled around, out of position, on the first goal. Should bench Ryder for someone of the Providence players. Should bench Wideman and let McQuaid play and develop. Claude is not flexible

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Claude Julien:
    i too have been a Julien supporter who now sees it's time to change him or his offensive coach. Shifting Marchand did nothing for anyone. Satan should be the spare part. Should have pulled TT sfter he stumbled around, out of position, on the first goal. Should bench Ryder for someone of the Providence players. Should bench Wideman and let McQuaid play and develop. Claude is not flexible
    Posted by Bogie6

I've also suggested that CJ may be used up.  In his defense though, is it reasonable to assume that anybody could've got more offense from this team, this year?
    If so, what would have been the effect on the goals against side.
    We're 3rd best in the league in goals against.  Most would agree, that's a good position to be in moving forward.

Think by far our biggest challenge is figuring out a reasonable plan to get Wideman and Ryder off the books, and that requires nothing short of genious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Claude "The Fraud " needs to go.. Please PC pull a Lamoriello and get Milbury in there for the last part of the season and hopefully playoffs .. This team needs a badly needed heart transplant.. CJ has literally snuffed the life out of this team as I have watched in the last couple of months.... I didn't expect them to win tonite, just show up and play hard ... Just no excuse to play like they did against a team that played last night.. Bruins looked like the tired team...

Roll out the four lines Claude.. you do that very well... someone forgot to tell you had last change as the home team.. Lucic, your the man and I know your gutting it out.. but tonite you played small.. very small.. disappointed from a fan..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Claude "The Fraud " needs to go.. Please PC pull a Lamoriello and get Milbury in there for the last part of the season and hopefully playoffs .. This team needs a badly needed heart transplant.. CJ has literally snuffed the life out of this team as I have watched in the last couple of months.... I didn't expect them to win tonite, just show up and play hard ... Just no excuse to play like they did against a team that played last night.. Bruins looked like the tired team... Roll out the four lines Claude.. you do that very well... someone forgot to tell you had last change as the home team..Lucic, your the man and I know your gutting it out.. but tonite you played small.. very small.. disappointed from a fan..
    Posted by cowboys9

So why did he have Wheeler, Krejci and Ryder shift after shift against Cooke !
    It's beyond me.
    I agree he's lost this team.  Chara tried waking them up and that didn't work either.  I can't help but believe that the problem with this team is the coach .
    He held them back tonite in honor of doing the right thing. In his mind !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Claude Julien : So why did he have Wheeler, Krejci and Ryder shift after shift against Cooke ! It's beyond me. I agree he's lost this team.  Chara tried waking them up and that didn't work either.  I can't help but believe that the problem with this team is the coach . He held them back tonite in honor of doing the right thing. In his mind !
    Posted by BsLegion

I was looking at the stats on ESPN (didn't see the game though so I may be out to lunch)

Bergeron only played 16:46 minutes

Krecji played 20:28
    Wheeler played 19:14
    Lucic played 16:12 (just as much as Bergeron)
    Sobotka played 15:17 (almost as much)
    Sturm only played 11:14 (was he hurt?)

And they only got 17 shots.  Why wasn't Bergeron playing 20-24 minutes?  I don't get it.

You look at the Leaf stats and say what you will, at least Wilson plays the top guys more (like he should) especially if you need to score.
    Kessel - 21:08 minutes
    Bozak - 21:45 minutes
    Stalberg - 18:03 minutes

You got to play your best guys more...especially when you need to score.

Same sad script when it comes to CJ coaching.  Montreal and NJ had offensive blackouts prior to CJ getting let go.  Great start when he comes on board and then something happens after that.....not sure if the players tune him out, or other teams pick up on his coaching......not sure.  But it's the same pattern and Boston is suffering as a result.  I know they signed him to an extension, but if PC has any b@#$ what-so-ever, he needs to make a change. This team is too good to be playing this crappy....

I think they need Hall in a bad way.  Maybe the balls will bounce right and Bruins come away with #1 overall.  Regardless they'll have 2 of the top 10 and lots of opportunity to get some much needed scoring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Dont get me wrong i dont agree with all of the CJ decision(like why keep playing Wideman especially on the pp when all he does is get his shot block or break his stick) but it seemed like wolling 4 lines last year was working pretty well.
       The Bruins are like night and day.  If you look at the Philly and Carolina game they looked like the team of last year.  If you look at tonight's game...they looked like out of gas.  i don't know if it is the famous game back after a long trip but the problem is it not only the coach for sure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

glad to say I have been saying he should be fired since I joined this board and now you all are finaly seeing the light.......

Now Dance Dance CHA CHA CHA!

Claude Needs To Go Booked!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Julien lost this team a long time ago. I think there is a bad vibe in the dressing room and it showed it's ugly head in Pittsburgh when Savvy went down. They have no want to stick up for each other.The way this team mis-uses it's players is all on the coaching staff. Claude has his "BOYS" like Ryder, Wideman and Chara. They see PP time and get no results. Time for Julien to go!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

wow....ive said this for a long time,sometimes gettin lambasted for it,juliens time has come.....is there a more robotic system & team then the bruins.....the individual talent is just overshadowed by juliens team defense philosophy not used to the advantage that it should be.....the young kids have been told how to play the game by julien & have not progressed at all in their developement....juliens discipline for defensive responsibilities & physical composure has sucked the life & emotion out of the bruins players....as i have said many times julien would be happy content to look down on the bench & see 12 steve begins & 6 ferrences

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Send Julien back to the bush behind Blind River where he came from....give him a chainsaw to cut pulp....thats about the only thing he could rev up...this guy has to be fired!