CLAUDE THREW SAVARD UNDER THE BUS ON FINAL LOSS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

CLAUDE THREW SAVARD UNDER THE BUS ON FINAL LOSS

For those of you who might know something. a coach is suppose to protect there players . the way claude thew savard under the bus on the too many men call was one more example of claudes inability to relate with his players. if you do not think marc is mad about this your wrong. Other players see this too and do not want to play for this guy can claude

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Re: CLAUDE THREW SAVARD UNDER THE BUS ON FINAL LOSS

Savard should be mad about how poorly he played.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBrewin. Show MontrealBrewin's posts

I'm a Savard fan but its his fault for not getting off the ice when, he himself, signaled for the change.

End of story. Move on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to CLAUDE THREW SAVARD UNDER THE BUS ON FINAL LOSS:
    For those of you who might know something. a coach is suppose to protect there players . the way claude thew savard under the bus on the too many men call was one more example of claudes inability to relate with his players. if you do not think marc is mad about this your wrong. Other players see this too and do not want to play for this guy can claude
    Posted by bruinsking

Sure...I can see CJ apologizing now...I am sorry fans, it was my fault that Savard requested a sub and then did not skate off the ice.  I take full responsibility, I shouild have made him skate faster....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Facts are facts, and enough people saw what really happened that if CJ was to say it was something different, it would just ruin his credibility. 

He's not going to cry wolf over something half the people in the arena saw and say it didn't happen.

I know you are upset about the B's being eliminated, and I know you don't like Julian, but you are kinda grasping at straws with this gripe :/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE THREW SAVARD UNDER THE BUS ON FINAL LOSS:
    Facts are facts, and enough people saw what really happened that if CJ was to say it was something different, it would just ruin his credibility.  He's not going to cry wolf over something half the people in the arena saw and say it didn't happen. I know you are upset about the B's being eliminated, and I know you don't like Julian, but you are kinda grasping at straws with this gripe :/
    Posted by davecarr

I swear...the more I read your post, the more I like you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to CLAUDE THREW SAVARD UNDER THE BUS ON FINAL LOSS:
    Posted by bruinsking

Yes -- he should have admitted that he told Savard to pull a total game changing bone head move. Post-concussion syndrome can be so unforgiving.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

Savard showed more character than anyone else on the team just by coming back at all. He was suppose to be out for the year. I seem to remember NO ONE calling out Cooke during that game AFTER the cheap shot. It's all about character and heart. If that had been 1972,1982, 1992, 2002 seventeen players would have been on the ice standing up for their team mate. Why not this team? Not enough Heart when it counts!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

A real coach would have simply answered these things happen. But not Julie Ann he has never taken responsibility for his teams. You dont lay blame in wins or losses and Julie Ann does it a lot. Every year its a new player to be blamed when the Bruins fail. This is the main reason to hire a new coach before Julie Ann ruins the number 2 and 15 picks with his defense only strategy. It has never worked anywhere he has been and never will. Truth is Juulie Ann lost control of his team again in a important game and was even to afraid to call a timeout when he seen his team starting to stumble in game 7. Fire this loser now!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

A 'Too Many Men On The Ice' penalty is always the fault of the Coach. Even when it isn't. It is the unwritten rule - and Claude Julien knows it as well as any - that the Coach HAS to take the responsibility for that penalty. He just HAS to.

THAT is the code. Woulda been better for everyone if Julien had just done the right thing. To me, it's telling that he didn't. It tells me that Claude Julien is THAT insecure about his job. And, in my opinion, it is that insecurity which invaded his locker room, his 'system' this past season.

PS...Don Cherry was not to blame for his - maybe the most famous - Too Many Men call. But to this day, he has not divulged the culprits, left it to others to surmise. (and most people have...Bobby Schmautz?)

PPS...ergo thus I conclude with some questions; does this denote a lack of....'connectivity; between Savard and Julien? It will bear watching as the next Season unfolds. Will they 'trust' each other? Can they?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

you're dead bang on about the "code" Awry.  It is "telling" that CJ didn't follow the code.  The "insecurity' thing may be right, or a bit overstated.  We really don't know much about the locker room.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

F all of the codes, they unwritten rules, the superstitions.

They are all just explanations for doing stupid things or failing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I fail to see where Julien threw anybody under the bus. You want to watch a coach blast a player, check out some of John Tortorella's press conferences sometime.

As for "not want to play for this guy," didn't Savard just sign a multi-year extension?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

This isn't about a coach blasting a player. It's the opposite. It's about a Coach taking responsibilty. Julien didn't protect his player(s) (Savard nor Sobotka). It is HIS penalty. In the still-stinging heat of a Blown Game/Series Press Conference, Julien can, perhaps be forgiven...by us. Savard (and Sobotka) may be a different story.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

This isn't about a coach blasting a player. It's the opposite. It's about a Coach taking responsibilty. Julien didn't protect his player(s) (Savard nor Sobotka). It is HIS penalty. In the still-stinging heat of a Blown Game/Series Press Conference, Julien can, perhaps be forgiven...by us. Savard (and Sobotka) may be a different story.
    Posted by Awry

I think you believe hockey players are a heck of a lot more sensitive than they actually are. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

I believe your bohemian friends call it, 'The Ego'.

Perhaps, 'duinne'. Or you might be ignoring how interrelated, how fragile an ecosystem a hockey team can be.
    These guys don't like that stuff. And they remember it. They're professionals, but as you know, teams are tricky. Coach and Star. Star and Coach. We'll see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

My entire opinion on the situation goes to what Recchi said in that there's no need for a penalty like that in such a clutch situation. Philadelphia was able to get away with murder in that series, and we got penalized for stupid calls at even worse times.

Before someone says don't blame the refs for the series, I know and I'm not, the players and the coaches are the ones responsible in the end. I don't get why people blame Chiarelli for the lack of trading for forwards, this offense was still one of the top in the league in 08-09, even if you remove Kessel's 36 from the picture.

The bottom line is is that it's over with now, there's nothing changing it. As much as it feels good for some people (myself included at times) to point fingers, it won't do us any good now. Let's just focus on the draft and how the summer unfolds. I think there's going to be some trades around the draft, and some maybe after a few weeks into free agency. The trade market widens after free agency is in motion and players are getting signed. Once the free agency market shortens, trades open up as teams who didn't sign the player they wanted go hunting on other rosters.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

problem with CJ there is always an escuse from him as to why the bruins lose. But there is no excuse for his lack of ability to try to switch things up when they are not going well. Did claude ever bench wideman? Did he ever bench ryder?

Just wonderings

I am sure he could just say savy was sick in game 7 you know the same sorry excuse he used when the bruins didnt show to play vs the pens in the matt cooke game!

Excuses and loses its called bruins

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I believe your bohemian friends call it, 'The Ego'. Perhaps, 'duinne'. Or you might be ignoring how interrelated, how fragile an ecosystem a hockey team can be. These guys don't like that stuff. And they remember it. They're professionals, but as you know, teams are tricky. Coach and Star. Star and Coach. We'll see.
    Posted by Awry

If Marc Savard held a grudge against every player or coach that criticized him, he wouldn't be able to function.   

He's been here for several years and signed a multi-year extention to retire a Bruin. He publicly praised his GM, his coach, his team and the fans.

If he comes into training camp holding a grudge against JC for some perceived slight, he's got the emotional maturity of a 12-year-old. I don't think he does.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

duinne and  awry have a pretty good debate going on here.  I respect both opinions, and agree with both.

If Savard can't deal with this, he's a child, and yes, coaches from time to time are warranted in calling out players publicly.  The "blame game" though is different.  On a well oiled "team', all 3 (Julian, Savard, and Sobotka) need to accept some responsibility, and publicly state it.  It starts with the coach, and goes from there.  It's a logical way of minimizing things.  The "code" thing is spot on, and the Cherry example is too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aspirido. Show aspirido's posts

If I'm not mistaken but Cherry example shouldn't be compared here.
    It's coach fault when one player going out and two going in instead it means lack of discipline and not knowing your position or player you substituting.
    I this case Savard perfectly fine to blame he showed I'm going out and Sobotka went on, so  maybe Sobotka can pay more attention, but I don't see how coach in blame here. But Savard definitely fine guy to blame for it. I understand that even his return in the season was heroic but for that episode it’s not relevant.