Colubus willing to move 4th, what would you offer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Colubus willing to move 4th, what would you offer?

In Response to Re: Colubus willing to move 4th, what would you offer?:
    In Response to Re: Colubus willing to move 4th, what would you offer? : don't be crass. you know exactly what i am saying. Crosby is a young player with years on his contract and is ready to play in the NHL, but Columbus ain't talking about trading for him.
    Posted by pbergeron37

I would venture they certainly would.. I think erikssons falls in line with what they were talking about, so does Brown.. I just named toews and Kane earlier because they were the first guys to mind in young with years left.. I also assumed he wants multi years, not 1-2..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Outside of Lucic, Krejci, Rask, and maybe Stuart....everybody else should be on the table for all possible moves that can improve this team, and change the identity of this club...which must be done. I think it's fair to say that this current group won't get it done. So what would we be holding on to ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Def not Wheeler, his potential is great,
    ...ONLY if he can't be signed with a decent contract 2.5 for 4, would be awesome.
     CBJ would jump to have him.

He would play (with another Czeck also #'d 46 Kana-LOL)

with Nash and poss Umberger or Vermette
     or he would move back to Ctr and Ctr Nash and Voracek. Def an asset to CBJ

Not many teams would want him right now unless already signed though, his dealings with Pho, leaves a bad feeling in GM's mouths.

Forward required at #4 or #15,
    We don't want to have picked the 2nd best forward and (#4) second best D.LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Def not Wheeler, his potential is great, ...ONLY if he can't be signed with a decent contract 2.5 for 4, would be awesome.  CBJ would jump to have him. He would play (with another Czeck also #'d 46 Kana-LOL) with Nash and poss Umberger or Vermette  or he would move back to Ctr and Ctr Nash and Voracek. Def an asset to CBJ Not many teams would want him right now unless already signed though, his dealings with Pho, leaves a bad feeling in GM's mouths. Forward required at #4 or #15, We don't want to have picked the 2nd best forward and (#4) second best D.LOL
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

So your saying you wouldn't trade wheeler for the #4 pick.. I gotta go with your going to be in the minority in that regard...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jontarbox. Show jontarbox's posts

If all three defenseman are still on the board at the 4th pick  I go with the 15th,the 32nd and the Bruins #1 next year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

Throw wheeler's rights,hamill and #15 ? They can have ryder too if they'd take him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I don't think we're gonna want to give what a team like Chicago might want to give C-bus for #4, as going after #4 is how they can solve their cap problem that they now face. I think they probably will package players like Sharp, Versteeg, Brouwer, or Bfuglien.

Bergeron, Krejci or Lucic are probably the only young players we have that C-bus would want that's comparable to those kinda players. If we do give Wheeler, it will probably have to be accompanied with Colborne.

Thus, I don't think we can be a serious player for #4 without a lot of pain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Wake up...nobody wants Ryder EXCEPT Chiarelli...give them 15 and either 32 or 45...take one of the defenseman and with Seguin it's a huge success...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Wonder if Burke could trade Kessel for the #4? He wants a pick in the 1st round :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaySheroGM. Show RaySheroGM's posts

• See if we can make this work

Boston Gets
      RJ.Umberger
      K.Russell
      #4 2010
      Columbus Gets
      J.Spezza
    • B.Marchand
    • #15 2010
    • Senators Get
      P.Bergeron
      M.Stuart
    • If Columbus would take on Spezza's Salary they would get a Center to play with Nash and a great 1,2 punch.
    • The Senators would get a replacement for Volchenkov in Stuart & Salary Cap room in the future.
    • The Bruins would get a winger & a small puck moving D and also be able to draft one of the top 3 D in the draft, Also adding Umberger makes it easy to fit Tyler Seguin if he falls to #2
    • I think this would be a win for all 3 teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

See if we can make this work Boston Gets RJ.Umberger K.Russell #4 2010 Columbus Gets J.Spezza B.Marchand #15 2010 Senators Get P.Bergeron M.Stuart If Columbus would take on Spezza's Salary they would get a Center to play with Nash and a great 1,2 punch. The Senators would get a replacement for Volchenkov in Stuart & Salary Cap room in the future. The Bruins would get a winger & a small puck moving D and also be able to draft one of the top 3 D in the draft, Also adding Umberger makes it easy to fit Tyler Seguin if he falls to #2 I think this would be a win for all 3 teams.
    Posted by RaySheroGM

I can understand that you spent a lot of time on this, but there is a big problem:

With that #4 pick, you hope he becomes as good at Patrice Bergeron, but the odds are that he won't.  Therefore, you wouldn't trade Patrice Bergeron for the pick.

Here's an example for you.  If you have a car that goes 100MPH, would you trade it in for a car that, on it's best day, might go 110, but the odds are much better that it goes no faster than 80?

If that one doesn't work, try this one:  Would you bet $1000 to win $1105, with the odds being 5:1?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

See if we can make this work Boston Gets RJ.Umberger K.Russell #4 2010 Columbus Gets J.Spezza B.Marchand #15 2010 Senators Get P.Bergeron M.Stuart If Columbus would take on Spezza's Salary they would get a Center to play with Nash and a great 1,2 punch. The Senators would get a replacement for Volchenkov in Stuart & Salary Cap room in the future. The Bruins would get a winger & a small puck moving D and also be able to draft one of the top 3 D in the draft, Also adding Umberger makes it easy to fit Tyler Seguin if he falls to #2 I think this would be a win for all 3 teams. Posted by RaySheroGM

Well thought out pretty darn good. You don't see enough 3 way trades in the NHL which I think are better because it's a good option in the cap era. There's relief and help for all.

If Thomas and Ryder don't get moved then Bergy might be have to be an option. I wouldn't like it but the thought of an impact Dman is intriguing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm slowly coming around to the idea that all this talk about moving up to draft Fowler or Gudbranson or Gormley is nothing more than not wanting to make a choice at #2.  We went through the pre-lottery speculation about how good a consolation prize these guys would have been had the Bruins been bumped down, got used to the idea of having a potential #1 D in the making, and now don't want to let go of the dream.  So - here comes all this specualtion about making bold deals and shipping off multiple players and picks for the right to move up and take one of these guys.

Organizationally, I don't think the Bruins have been this healthy in ages.  They have both a solid core of younger NHL players, some playoff experience to learn from (both good and bad), a number of draft picks over the next couple of years.  I like that three-tiered approach to building a winner - good players now, potentially good players developing under contract, the potential to acquire good players for nothing in coming drafts.  If you deal way two or three of the players on the current roster - and we're not talking just dead weight - you screw up that balance and put even more emphasis on potential.  If you're wrong, the organization is back to square one - again.  For the third time in 14 years.  Be careful what you wish for - the draft is almost as effective as July 1 for turning GMs' brains to mush.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Colubus willing to move 4th, what would you offer? : Wow great call.. a young nhl ready player that will add scoring depth and has years left on his contract, i mention kane/toews you tool because they fit the mold.. and maybe your aware but chicago is in cap trouble...I wasnt saying i would make the trade, I was saying out side of lucic (and krejci) both players i think most fans would be against trading dont fit that mold.. I think if 15 plus ryder plus hunwick is his best offer he keeps the pick.. If i am wrong I hope PC is on the phone already.. Hunwicks got one season left, ryder at this point only gives you depth..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I love Lucic.  But I wouldnt mind trading him.

Root for him every game; greatly enjoy watching him play.

But the cap hit is a bit much relative to 2010-2011 expectations.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

To CLB: Matt Hunwick, Sobotka (gives him a chance to play), 15th and 45th or Stuart's rights, Sobotka,15th + 3rd rdr I would also consider a sign and trade of boychuk if we are only going to be able to sign one out of Stu or Manchuk. I include Sobotka because I'd like to give him the chance to develop in a system where he can play a little bit more. thoughts?
    Posted by bhsreddevil12

Sounds like a lot to give up to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Any of you saying to move krecji or lucic for an unknown commodity are foolish, these 2 players are the future of this team. Lucic was the best player in the playoffs for this team after krejci got hurt and krejci may have been the best player in the playoffs of any team before he got hurt. He was well on his way to a conn smythe trophy. What happened when he got hurt agian? OHH ya 4 straight losses!! coincidence? i think not.

Gamblers would make moves like these and to that i'll say there is a reason why vegas stay's in buisness.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Any of you saying to move krecji or lucic for an unknown commodity are foolish, these 2 players are the future of this team. Lucic was the best player in the playoffs for this team after krejci got hurt and krejci may have been the best player in the playoffs of any team before he got hurt. He was well on his way to a conn smythe trophy. What happened when he got hurt agian? OHH ya 4 straight losses!! coincidence? i think not. Gamblers would make moves like these and to that i'll say there is a reason why vegas stay's in buisness.
    Posted by puckhog9966

There were stretches when Wheeler was the best player on the team.  There were stretches when Ryder was the best player on the team.

Beware the small sample size.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Colubus willing to move 4th, what would you offer? : There were stretches when Wheeler was the best player on the team.  There were stretches when Ryder was the best player on the team. Beware the small sample size.
    Posted by Drewski5

There was about seven seconds in a game against St. Louis where Wheeler was the best player on the team.  I can't think of any time that Ryder was.

Beware the making stuff up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Wow I hope something gets done pretty soon, because some of these posts are as dumb as it gets. We ain't trading Lucic,Krejci or Rask- And there aren't too many others that anybody would want except for our knucklehead GM and the wing-nut behind the bench...How do you think we got stuck with them in the first place ?