Daydreaming... trade for top picks in the draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Daydreaming... trade for top picks in the draft

Assuming Edmonton & Boston stay as #1 and #2, I'm wondering if Boston could make a play for both #1 and #2.

Of course, this depends on what Edmontons wants to accomplish.   Do they want the one stud, or would they want a package of solid potential studs for a few more years down the road.   

Would it make sense to either team to package something like this?   Note, rumor has it that Souray wants out of Edmonton.

To Boston:   Edmonton's first pick in 2010, Sheldon Souray (salary dump)
    To Edmonton:  Bostons first pick on 2010 (not Toronto's), Boston's first pick in 2011, Colborne, Hamill, Ryder (Salary dump).

Perhaps another 2nd round pick would have to be put in one way or the other to even it out a little more.

Here Edmonton gives up a player that doesn't want to be there (apparently), and the #1, they get back 3 players and 2 first rounders. 

In three years time Boston would still have 4 players from this trade in their system, and Boston would have only 1, so on that merit, it may make sense for a team like Edmonton that is still in the infancy of their rebuilding.

I know, there is a snowball's chance in hell of this happening, but it's fun to throw these things out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Re: Daydreaming... trade for top picks in the draft

In Response to Daydreaming... trade for top picks in the draft:
    Assuming Edmonton & Boston stay as #1 and #2, I'm wondering if Boston could make a play for both #1 and #2. Of course, this depends on what Edmontons wants to accomplish.   Do they want the one stud, or would they want a package of solid potential studs for a few more years down the road.    Would it make sense to either team to package something like this?   Note, rumor has it that Souray wants out of Edmonton. To Boston:   Edmonton's first pick in 2010, Sheldon Souray (salary dump) To Edmonton:  Bostons first pick on 2010 (not Toronto's), Boston's first pick in 2011, Colborne, Hamill, Ryder (Salary dump). Perhaps another 2nd round pick would have to be put in one way or the other to even it out a little more. Here Edmonton gives up a player that doesn't want to be there (apparently), and the #1, they get back 3 players and 2 first rounders.  In three years time Boston would still have 4 players from this trade in their system, and Boston would have only 1, so on that merit, it may make sense for a team like Edmonton that is still in the infancy of their rebuilding. I know, there is a snowball's chance in hell of this happening, but it's fun to throw these things out.
    Posted by Homebrew76

Chiarelli would be lucky if they even picked up the phone.