Dennis Seindenberg skating for the first time today.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Dennis Seindenberg skating for the first time today.

Maybe there is hope if the Bruins go far.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/05/bruins-defenseman-dennis-seidenberg-skates-at-ristuccia-arena.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Dennis Seindenberg skating for the first time today.

I like their chances with Stuart and Seid's in the Conference final.  They'd definately need them for a Cup final.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

That would be huge if Seidenberg comes back...although it means Hunwick will most likely sit, maybe Ference...but someones gotta sit...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

The Bruins Blog states that his healing is on schedule.  Wasn't he scheduled to be out for nine weeks?  “I can’t stretch the tendon.’’ Seidenberg was quoted as saying.  That's a long way from being game ready.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/05/seidenberg_achi.html

I'd love to see him back with the B's, but I believe that they will have to advance to the Cup finals for Seidenberg to return.  I hope I'm wrong. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Dennis Seindenberg skating for the first time today.:
    The Bruins Blog states that his healing is on schedule.  Wasn't he scheduled to be out for nine weeks?  “I can’t stretch the tendon.’’ Seidenberg was quoted as saying.  That's a long way from being game ready. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/05/seidenberg_achi.html I'd love to see him back with the B's, but I believe that they will have to advance to the Cup finals for Seidenberg to return.  I hope I'm wrong. 
    Posted by Mutant211

i'm with you on this one.  i'm not even sure he'd be ready for game 1 of the cup final.  he's skating so he get keep his legs so to speak.  if he can't stretch the tendon than he's still a ways away.  if you can't stretch the tendon, you can't open doors, lift even light objects yet alone shoot, pass, receive pass, etc., and everything involved in hockey.

it's great news that he's out there skating.  because it shows that he's trying to get ready.....and he wouldn't be trying to get ready if the bruins weren't still alive.  so it's good news all around.  but for now i'm going to focus on game five and see what happens from there. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

With all the little miracles that we are witnessing like Staal coming back so fast...we never know!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

I'd love to see this guy back, but I think it's a long shot. Maybe a chance by the middle of the Cup finals, but even then, only a chance he'd be back and he wouldn't have played in 2+ months, and with maybe only 2 or 3 games remaining, is he really going to find a groove again? He's probably done for this year. Having said that, I would love to see him back next year. That too is a long shot, but if we could unload Ference or Hunwick, maybe even Wideman, and sign Seidenberg instead, that would be effing awsome. In the meantime, kill the Flyers in Game 5.

GO BRUINS!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Seidenberg in will be a big lift. problem will be that Boych will see a lot less time and he has been a big plus.

Ference has been the weak link and getting less mins, he will probably sit.

Stuart is great to have back but he is still sluggish and cj has him in a diminished role, but he will be better as time goes.

For next round Seid back with Z, Hun & Wide will stay together, and Stuart and Boyc will bring up the rear & hopefully they play against Cookie and crumble him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Seidenberg in will be a big lift. problem will be that Boych will see a lot less time and he has been a big plus. Ference has been the weak link and getting less mins, he will probably sit. Stuart is great to have back but he is still sluggish and cj has him in a diminished role, but he will be better as time goes. For next round Seid back with Z, Hun & Wide will stay together, and Stuart and Boyc will bring up the rear & hopefully they play against Cookie and crumble him.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Slow down there. I don't think if he returns he'll be paired up with Z right away, that would be foolish, especially the way Boychuk has been playing. He's gottah work his way in just like the rest of the IR returns. Don't get me wrong having him back would be great, but lets not put the cart before the horse here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

The Bruins Blog states that his healing is on schedule.  Wasn't he scheduled to be out for nine weeks?  “I can’t stretch the tendon.’’ Seidenberg was quoted as saying.  That's a long way from being game ready. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/05/seidenberg_achi.html I'd love to see him back with the B's, but I believe that they will have to advance to the Cup finals for Seidenberg to return.  I hope I'm wrong. 
    Posted by Mutant211

When did the nine weeks recoverey start from?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Just after Staal's sideline for his severed achilles.

If Seid plays it will be start of next series and with Z, he was possibly top D before he went down, and I would say his shot blocking is what has rubbed off on Boyc.

I like Boyc to stay on PP ahead of Seid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

If Seidenberg is back you dress 7 Defenseman and play Hunwick on LW on 4th line and D on the Power play.  Sit Whitfield.

End of discussion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

If Seidenberg is back you dress 7 Defenseman and play Hunwick on LW on 4th line and D on the Power play.  Sit Whitfield. End of discussion.
    Posted by JYaso

DITTO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree with Hunwick on the wing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

love to see seidenberg back in there this year,also would love to see him signed for next year with boychuk being a must signing.....why the ference signing so early was beyond me   chara-boychuk  wideman-seidenberg  hunwick-stuart

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

We need to close out Philly first folks! Gagne back, B's looked sluggish including Rask. We let them win another game and the pressure falls on us to close them out in their own arena.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Dennis Seindenberg skating for the first time today. : When did the nine weeks recoverey start from?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

As of today, he says he needs four more weeks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

you know how 4 weeks in playoff weeks could mean less!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

He will likely be ready to play just in time to don a new uniform....but sure hope i'm wrong....the Ference signing was unbelievable and has pretty much finished any hope of Seidenburg being back next year...most everybody scratching their heads over this deal!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The Ference signing makes perfect sense... just look at the deal we gave Wideman!

If this pair wins us a Cup, I'll eat my favorite Bruins hat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

The Ference signing makes perfect sense... just look at the deal we gave Wideman!…
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

I completely disagree. Ference hasn't played a complete season (or come close) in the last 3 years (51, 47, 59). He's been a minus player for 2 of the last 3 seasons (-7,+7,-14). He doesn't put up offensive number (8, 16, 15 points). In 10 playoff games tis year he's already a -7, and playing limited minutes. 

He's not reliable. The games played, negative differential don't = 2.25m per year.

Wideman over the last 3 years has produced solid numbers, with a cap hit of $3.875m. He's missed 7 games in the last 3 years. Was a plus player in 2 of the last 3 years and has had solid point production. He's also shown up to play in the playoffs, this year he has 10pts and is a plus 4, last year he had 7pts and was a plus 3.

YearTeamLeagueGPGAPTS+/-PPGPPASHGSHAGWGPIMShotsPCTHits
    2009-10BostonNHL7662430-14211022341464.11100
    2008-09BostonNHL7913375032619102341697.69-
    2007-08BostonNHL8113233611911001701717.60-