Eklund Rumor Regarding B's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Eklund Rumor Regarding B's

As per my usual Eklund references, don't waste my time telling me Eklund stinks, you read the heading, you didn't have to read the post.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/RumorSavardWheeler-to-Ottawae3-Could-Philly-Trade-Gagne-to-the-Rangers/1/29341

*Rumors are everywhere in the last hour that the Bruins are working a package deal that would send Marc Savard and Blake Wheeler as a package to the Ottawa Senators. I have yet to hear what the return may be, but I can tell you the Flames are also interested in a similar package, while it appears the Leafs have turned their attention elsewhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Eklund Rumor Regarding B's

I do believe trading Wheeler is the best possible way to bring back valuable assets.  As much as some fans have soured on him his skill and size make him an attractive asset. I can't say whether a trade like this would make me happy or not because it obviously depends on the return.  If we got a top 4 D and a prospect with a ceiling similar to Wheeler's I would be pleased, even if that prospect were further away from realizing his talent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Ottawa doesn't really have any assets I want in return that come at a cap savings...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=23
    Laooking at CapGeek they have 21 men on the roster with ~3 million in Cap Space.

Erik Karlsson on an entry level deal interests me, but almost nothing else on that roster seems desirable.  All in all I agree with your assessment but I would still like to hear the other end of this rumor before I totally dismiss it.

Karlsson, Erik »  EL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

Ottawa could pay Wheeler with their cap space but would need to waive or buy out Kovalev to pay Savard or we would need to take on salary from them and about $4 mil of it....jesus i hope they wouldnt take him in a trade.. Erik Karlsson could be Wideman part 2 here but the salary would work for the Bruins.

Calgary is probably still that same Robyn Regehr deal that doesnt seem to interest Chiarelli that much in all likelihood because it doesnt create enough cap space. There has to be another player in that deal that fits a need either D or Fwd...Hagman?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Unless Iginla is coming to Boston, there is nobody on Calgary that interests me.  Ottawa has Spezza, but he makes too much money to be traded to Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

"Working on a package... as a package"?

For one thing, the guy needs to learn how to write.

It's not difficult to see where Eklund manages to piece together bits and pieces of rumors to create something that sorta kinda appears plausible. It's common knowledge that Savard would waive his NTC for certain teams, it's common knowledge that Wheeler is facing arbitration, and it's common knowledge that the Bruins are up against the cap. Any 12-year-old hockey fan could throw stuff of this sort together and create a rumor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

To Ottawa

Marc Savard
    Blake Wheeler

To Boston

Jason Spezza

then Bruins turn around and do this

To Columbus

Jason Spezza
    Michael Ryder

To Boston

Kristian Huselius
    Nikita Filatov
    Kris Russell

Bruins save around 3 million

Huselius   Krejci   Horton

Recchi    Bergeron    Caron / Marchand

Lucic   Seguin   Filatov

Paille   Campbell   Thornton

Chara    Siendenberg

Russell   Stuart

Ference   Boychuk

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund Rumor Regarding B's:
    To Ottawa Marc Savard Blake Wheeler To Boston Jason Spezza then Bruins turn around and do this To Columbus Jason Spezza Michael Ryder To Boston Kristian Huselius Nikita Filatov Kris Russell Bruins save around 3 million ____________________________ Huselius   Krejci   Horton Recchi    Bergeron    Caron / Marchand Lucic   Seguin   Filatov Paille   Campbell   Thornton Chara    Siendenberg Russell   Stuart Ference   Boychuk
    Posted by darrenryan

just a suggestion maybe instead of spezza to COL. we send bergeron and keep spezza

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If you make up enough rumors you're bound to get one right sometime , right ? I know its a rumor site so he's supposed to post rumors but it would be nice if he got one correct . Does anyone have proof that he's ever got one right ? Just wondering . Whats his batting average . ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

If you make up enough rumors you're bound to get one right sometime , right ? I know its a rumor site so he's supposed to post rumors but it would be nice if he got one correct . Does anyone have proof that he's ever got one right ? Just wondering . Whats his batting average . ?
    Posted by 50belowzero

Exactly the same as your name.  50 below 0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Thought so .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Posted by 50belowzero

Tell me someone who posted the Horton trade within 4 Hours of his proclamation that it would get done that very day.  I didn't here WEEI or 98.5 talking about it.  Fluto didn't have it.  I got it from Eklund, so there's one.  On top of that he let's you know when he is posting a rumor verses when he is posting information.  On June 22nd at 11:28 he posted this.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=28919

Earliest I could find another report was 2:00.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund Rumor Regarding B's : Tell me someone who posted the Horton trade within 4 Hours of his proclamation that it would get done that very day.  I didn't here WEEI or 98.5 talking about it.  Fluto didn't have it.  I got it from Eklund, so there's one.  On top of that he let's you know when he is posting a rumor verses when he is posting information.  On June 22nd at 11:28 he posted this. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=28919 Earliest I could find another report was 2:00.
    Posted by RickyHussle

....and he was given props from Dreger, McKenzie, and the rest.  Then he got the next 10+ wrong and was mocked by other TSN talent for returning to his error filled reports.  Like the old saying goes...even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

any trade with ottawa should bring Karlsson back or there should be no trade, if there even is one.  i don't know why, however, they would trade Savard there.  Over the past few seasons, from what I've seen in Ottawa, their biggest need is goaltending (no offense Brian Elliot, you are not a starting goaltender).  I would trade Wheeler and Thomas to Ottawa for Karlsson and Pascal Leclaire.  Leclaire would obviously be the add on, but he is only under contract for another year.  Ottawa would be stupid to turn down Thomas, but I would expect as much from a team that hoped Ray Emery would be their savior.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Ellund's accuarcy rating is about 3%. That is, about the percentage of picking names out of a hat.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/mc/comments/dart_boards_hogwash_and_buzz/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

The hilarious thing is that link to Eklunds "prediction" gives two possible destinations for Horton.  So he was as right as he was wrong.  Guessing the day wasn't a stretch because we knew Horton had to go before July 1st.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

The hilarious thing is that link to Eklunds "prediction" gives two possible destinations for Horton.  So he was as right as he was wrong.  Guessing the day wasn't a stretch because we knew Horton had to go before July 1st.
    Posted by Raskman

You're right, so you can do one of two things, you can wait til the team send out a press release or you can find the guy whom the GM's are calling in order to give out advance information before the press release.  Let me know when you find that guy.  I would like some of the haters in here calling for percentages to give me the numbers on Dreger or McKenzie, when they are reporting on there rumors.  Here's the thing, I like McKenzie a ton and I like Dreger to, but a rumor leaks when two teams are talking about the parameters of a potential trade.  GM's talk ALL the time, I think Chia and Epstein would both back this statement up.  On top of that they would also admit that most of the talks don't end up resulting in deals.  If a reporter of Rumors such as Eklund reports on talks which don't lead to a deal it doesn't make them wrong.  It could means that they were wrong but more often then not they reported true information which did not lead to a deal.  Some people don't want to read rumors which is fine.  This is why when I post a rumor I generally put the source in the topic.  What I can't understand is why a person would read a topic when they know it is a rumor from a source that  they don't respect?!?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund Rumor Regarding B's : You're right, so you can do one of two things, you can wait til the team send out a press release or you can find the guy whom the GM's are calling in order to give out advance information before the press release.  Let me know when you find that guy.  I would like some of the haters in here calling for percentages to give me the numbers on Dreger or McKenzie, when they are reporting on there rumors.  Here's the thing, I like McKenzie a ton and I like Dreger to, but a rumor leaks when two teams are talking about the parameters of a potential trade.  GM's talk ALL the time, I think Chia and Epstein would both back this statement up.  On top of that they would also admit that most of the talks don't end up resulting in deals.  If a reporter of Rumors such as Eklund reports on talks which don't lead to a deal it doesn't make them wrong.  It could means that they were wrong but more often then not they reported true information which did not lead to a deal.  Some people don't want to read rumors which is fine.  This is why when I post a rumor I generally put the source in the topic.  What I can't understand is why a person would read a topic when they know it is a rumor from a source that  they don't respect?!?
    Posted by RickyHussle

This is a guy that reports done deals that never happen.  I could spew the stuff that comes out of his mouth and under your theory, that doesn't make them untrue.  Most legitimate reporters can't understand why this guy is accredited.  Jay Onrait had battling tweets with him that was priceless.  Basically it ended with Eklund being told to crawl back in his basement.  The fact you defend him is stunning as I've NEVER come across one person that puts any stock into what he is saying until today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins2010Cup. Show Bruins2010Cup's posts

Its really a no brainer, take back Kovalev and 1st round pick for Savvy and Wheeler.  Yes on paper it looks like we are getting ripped off, but it does make a ton of sense.  Kovalev is in his last year so he might be playing for another contract and he is a winger.  The B's shed the salary needed and add some punch on the power play.  Its a cap situation, not much they can do about it.  I would like to keep Savvy at least for this year, but I think its time for a change of scenery for the gentle Wheeler.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Its really a no brainer, take back Kovalev and 1st round pick for Savvy and Wheeler.  Yes on paper it looks like we are getting ripped off, but it does make a ton of sense.  Kovalev is in his last year so he might be playing for another contract and he is a winger.  The B's shed the salary needed and add some punch on the power play.  Its a cap situation, not much they can do about it.  I would like to keep Savvy at least for this year, but I think its time for a change of scenery for the gentle Wheeler.
    Posted by Bruins2010Cup

Too bad Ottawa isn't run by baboons or this might happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund Rumor Regarding B's : This is a guy that reports done deals that never happen.  I could spew the stuff that comes out of his mouth and under your theory, that doesn't make them untrue.  Most legitimate reporters can't understand why this guy is accredited.  Jay Onrait had battling tweets with him that was priceless.  Basically it ended with Eklund being told to crawl back in his basement.  The fact you defend him is stunning as I've NEVER come across one person that puts any stock into what he is saying until today.
    Posted by Raskman

No you're right I'm the only person I've seen defend him as well. Here's why, I consider Accredited Reporters to be news sources.  I consider rumor source to be something completely different.  I've been trying to think of a comparable and here's what I've come up with.  From the political world you have reporters who report on how a politician has voted, what they claim there values are and what the meaning of a bill is.  Then you have political insider columns, where a writer will speak of relationships behind the scenes, scenarios like what the republicans are thinking about Bobby Jindal before the presidential response after the election, the insider response after the response, and then the continued reactions following the oil spill and everything else which has gone on.  They don't often give direct quotes but they tell you how people were feeling.  They don't show video but they tell you about the mood in a crowd.  We don't get confirmation on these thoughts, but some of us are interested nonetheless.  Eklund is the guy who I consider to give me indsider info which I will not find elsewhere, due to the nature of his job I know some of his moles are going to be giving him false information distributed purposely by teams and player agents.  I take everything he says with a grain of salt.  When he reports something is almost done, particularly regarding the Bruins, I just put my antennas on high alert, I check with TSN and the Bruins writers more often.  I just don't understand if the people bashing Eklund are expecting something different from a reporter of rumors.

Couple more things as background, I have always defended the guy being attacked, some would call me a devils' advocate.  I really dindn't start reading Eklund that much I staerted using twitter more during until Free agency and draft prep this year.  I do not remember having seen any reports we're he said something was a done deal and it didn't happen, but I'm not saying it hasn't happened.  Sorry if I come off as a bitter, I do get defensive, but I certainly respect your right to like or dislike Eklund.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eklund Rumor Regarding B's : Too bad Ottawa isn't run by baboons or this might happen.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I agree with you NAS there is no shot this happens.  However I don't thnk it's too absurd too think that something along these lines could happen.  We dump salary
    they get a very good player and an enticing prospect.  I don't thin we would bring back a first in the deal but I also don't think a second would be enough.  replace the pick with some other package of picks and prospects and this very well could be the type of deal that gets done IMHO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund Rumor Regarding B's : No you're right I'm the only person I've seen defend him as well. Here's why, I consider Accredited Reporters to be news sources.  I consider rumor source to be something completely different.  I've been trying to think of a comparable and here's what I've come up with.  From the political world you have reporters who report on how a politician has voted, what they claim there values are and what the meaning of a bill is.  Then you have political insider columns, where a writer will speak of relationships behind the scenes, scenarios like what the republicans are thinking about Bobby Jindal before the presidential response after the election, the insider response after the response, and then the continued reactions following the oil spill and everything else which has gone on.  They don't often give direct quotes but they tell you how people were feeling.  They don't show video but they tell you about the mood in a crowd.  We don't get confirmation on these thoughts, but some of us are interested nonetheless.  Eklund is the guy who I consider to give me indsider info which I will not find elsewhere, due to the nature of his job I know some of his moles are going to be giving him false information distributed purposely by teams and player agents.  I take everything he says with a grain of salt.  When he reports something is almost done, particularly regarding the Bruins, I just put my antennas on high alert, I check with TSN and the Bruins writers more often.  I just don't understand if the people bashing Eklund are expecting something different from a reporter of rumors. Couple more things as background, I have always defended the guy being attacked, some would call me a devils' advocate.  I really dindn't start reading Eklund that much I staerted using twitter more during until Free agency and draft prep this year.  I do not remember having seen any reports we're he said something was a done deal and it didn't happen, but I'm not saying it hasn't happened.  Sorry if I come off as a bitter, I do get defensive, but I certainly respect your right to like or dislike Eklund.
    Posted by RickyHussle

He makes things up.  He's a laughingstock.  He has zero credibility.  He makes his money because people like you go to his site.  He's a total fraud. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund Rumor Regarding B's : He makes things up.  He's a laughingstock.  He has zero credibility.  He makes his money because people like you go to his site.  He's a total fraud. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

And for me the cost of having a few adds in my pripheral vision is worthwhile.  For you you feel it's worthwhile to read threads attributed to rumors he's reported in order to bash reader's of his website.  I guess we all have different priorities in life.