ESPN insider Savy/Wheeler trade rumor for #4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clyde-Fitch. Show Clyde-Fitch's posts

ESPN insider Savy/Wheeler trade rumor for #4

Here is what ESPN insider says

The Boston Bruins could trade Marc Savard and Blake Wheeler to the Columbus Blue Jackets for the No. 4 overall pick, Pro Hockey Talk reports. The NBC website warns that this is only a rumor. And when you hear the "proposed" trade, you'll think it's an uneven swap. But this trade does fill needs -- and wants -- for both teams. The Jackets would get Savard, Wheeler and the No. 15 overall pick from the Bruins for the No. 4 pick. An unfair swap? You be the judge. But here's why this trade makes sense for Boston: 1) They want another top-five pick because there are reports they want to draft one of the three top defensemen in the draft: Erik Gudbranson, Cam Fowler or Brandon Gormley. 2) Wheeler, a restricted free agent, has been the subject of trade rumors for a while. 3) The Bruins have a lot of depth at center and that depth will only get deeper if they end up with Tyler Seguin with the No. 2 overall pick. Meanwhile, the Jackets would be interested because 1) they've been looking for a top center, so much so that they were linked to a Jason Spezza trade, 2) they don't seem to be in love with any of the prospects available at No. 4 and 3) they are under pressure to win immediately. Now, as Pro Hockey Talk points out, "I also think that the Bruins would be giving up a ton for that 4th pick, but if they use that cap space to make a big free agency signing it will all even out." While we don't know if the Bruins would shop big in the free agent market, they could look to extend Zdeno Chara and Patrice Bergeron.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Re: ESPN insider Savy/Wheeler trade rumor for #4

old news

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

i want to work for espn, they must get to smoke some good stuff!  why on earth would savard waive his no trade to go to columbus???  especially when he signed for less to stay in beantown?  i guess the bigger question is why am i wasting my time posting to this stupidass rumour?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN insider Savy/Wheeler trade rumor for #4:
    i want to work for espn, they must get to smoke some good stuff!  why on earth would savard waive his no trade to go to columbus???  especially when he signed for less to stay in beantown?  i guess the bigger question is why am i wasting my time posting to this stupidass rumour?
    Posted by jessup07

1.  Savard might go there to play with a superstar winger like Nash

2.  He didn't take less money to stay in Boston.  He'll be averaging $6.35M a year for the next four years. 

3.  Rumors are rumors and this one seems as legit as the rest of them:  not very.