Game Over.. drop the gloves..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Game Over.. drop the gloves..

This ones over..  Unchain the boys and let Thornton, Lucic and Chara... get some payback...  I can't watch this B/S any more..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SBerard4. Show SBerard4's posts

Re: Game Over.. drop the gloves..

well, i see your point, but (if we lose, which is probable) in this stage of the "series" do we really need someone hurt, or at the end of the game wouldnt you want chara with the bomb out at the point!?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Only way to change your chances in hockey is to create chaos through checking, yes hitting.  Can't do what Vancouver did against Chicago two games back and do stupid stuff.  Yet, when you anticipate the play and you are making the other team round around, the game is on your terms.  I did not like what I saw in the third period tonight.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

You will never see that from this poor excuse for a physical team. BIG VERY BAD BRUINS!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SBerard4. Show SBerard4's posts

i totally agree, that you only get somewhere through contact...but they shouldnt turn on the hitting in the third period..it was already too late in the 2nd. You come out from the start bangin' bodies, and set the tone.

In Response to Re: Game Over.. drop the gloves..:
    Only way to change your chances in hockey is to create chaos through checking, yes hitting.  Can't do what Vancouver did against Chicago two games back and do stupid stuff.  Yet, when you anticipate the play and you are making the other team round around, the game is on your terms.  I did not like what I saw in the third period tonight.  
    Posted by islamorada

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Considering the way they backed into the playoffs and surprised most of us ( and maybe themselves) too... every game they play now is a bonus but I cannot watch them play the way they have with a lackluster effort .. backing away from challenges.. accepting cheapshots with no payback..  In essence.. someone tell Mister Stubborn ..CJ .... to let the boys settle the score and to send the Flyers a message,.. If we lose another player.. so be it..  Their season is coming to an end soon anyway.  There will be time to heal..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

This is disgusting. They all are playing like pansies. Julien never had my respect and now I will never give him credit for anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SBerard4. Show SBerard4's posts

how can blame the coach, you dont think the players should have thought, "oh you know i should probably go out there and hit someone", i mean really, why would the coach be to blame. the players are smart enough to notice when they should pick it up, the coach doesnt need to tell them..

This is disgusting. They all are playing like pansies. Julien never had my respect and now I will never give him credit for anything.
    Posted by jwb413

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The players said they would be hungry in this one.  Enough with the talking this is desperation time!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SBerard4. Show SBerard4's posts

im definately not sying its desperation time...but the time to sweep the flyers and get 5 DAYS REST has past. they should have blown them out in the first period..they obviously knew that philly would come out hard, so they should have been ready.

The players said they would be hungry in this one.  Enough with the talking this is desperation time!!
    Posted by lucaooo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Maybe Julien should draw a check or a fight on the whiteboard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Considering the way they backed into the playoffs and surprised most of us ( and maybe themselves) too... every game they play now is a bonus but I cannot watch them play the way they have with a lackluster effort .. backing away from challenges.. accepting cheapshots with no payback..  In essence.. someone tell Mister Stubborn ..CJ .... to let the boys settle the score and to send the Flyers a message,.. If we lose another player.. so be it..  Their season is coming to an end soon anyway.  There will be time to heal..
    Posted by SupportLocal81

Gee, Local what a true fan you are? Already packing it in.. I am not surprised at tonite's outcome just more surprised that the Bruins did not show a compete level. Give the desperate Flyers credit..they don't want to go home and the Bruins have two more chances to knock them out.. I think you will see a different Bruin team in Game 6... Tonite wasn't their night but to start ripping them as quitters.. The playoffs are ebbs and flows and I firmly believe that teams that have to fight from 3-0 or 3-1 deficits eventually get burned because it takes a toll on your mental side of the game and it exhausts you.. Bruins will wrap this up next game as they have shown in this playoffs..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

They've got the easy part done...they've TALKED about it... Step up or go home.. Thinking.. they will be going home soon..
    Look at it this way.. once this circus is over.. no more wideman B/S... no more TT B/S..no more Ryder B/S. Gonna have to find something else to complain about...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teddemmerling. Show teddemmerling's posts

hey widemen take the penalty instead of letting your man walk in and score. worst effort from a guy trying to prevent a goal.awful still have two chances but if this is the best they got  they will be the third team in history to choke away a 3-0 lead

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SBerard4. Show SBerard4's posts

man, you have to slow down...ok so wideman is really bad..that one's clear, but TT really hasnt showed up because Tuukk is awesome, but just like TT Tuukk had an off nigt tonite. I dont see Ryder going this summer becasue he is just sooooo snakebitten...and i dont see TT going becasue his can be a solid back up for Tuukk..on the other hand, wideman might go, but you really never know with PC
    They've got the easy part done...they've TALKED about it... Step up or go home.. Thinking.. they will be going home soon.. Look at it this way.. once this circus is over.. no more wideman B/S... no more TT B/S..no more Ryder B/S. Gonna have to find something else to complain about...
    Posted by SupportLocal81

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

In Response to Re: Game Over.. drop the gloves.. : Gee, Local what a true fan you are? Already packing it in.. I am not surprised at tonite's outcome just more surprised that the Bruins did not show a compete level. Give the desperate Flyers credit..they don't want to go home and the Bruins have two more chances to knock them out.. I think you will see a different Bruin team in Game 6... Tonite wasn't their night but to start ripping them as quitters.. The playoffs are ebbs and flows and I firmly believe that teams that have to fight from 3-0 or 3-1 deficits eventually get burned because it takes a toll on your mental side of the game and it exhausts you.. Bruins will wrap this up next game as they have shown in this playoffs..
    Posted by cowboys9

I've been a fan since the Teddy Green days so don't question my spirit.. however.. despite 'wanting to see a winning team before I croak of old age", I am also a realist.. I understand that they are kinda sorta in the drivers seat and 'should' win this series.. I am trying to temper that with how they have played on the ice.. This Jeckyl /Hyde show is a joke and yoiu never know which team is gonna show up.. Rioght now, the Flyers have the momentum but that can ( and I do hope it does) change... Even if they get thru this series.. I have no illusions of them getting thru the next series any way..  I consider these playoffs a bonus since they really played lousy with little to no effort on too many regular season games... This forum enables us as fans to vent ..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I like to vent too but the reality is setting in. When they need to show up they fail miserably. Like Lucaooo said in another thread, it was like the Pittsburgh game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I have no illusions of them getting thru the next series any way..  I consider these playoffs a bonus since they really played lousy with little to no effort on too many regular season games... This forum enables us as fans to vent ..
    Posted by SupportLocal81[/QUOTE]

This is the playoffs..they have played one bad game out of 5 in the series and I don't understand your logic in comparing regular season games to playoff games..totally different animal.. They had won 5 in a row on home ice prior to tonite and played very well in all games this playoff year.. If the Habs can take the Penguins to Game 7 why would you think that the Bruins would not have a chance in the next round ?  The East is wide open.. there is no dominant team.. this is the playoffs and anything can happen.. IF the Bruins fail at eliminating the Flyers, which won't happen, this is the golden  opportunity that may never present itself again , and to not take advantage would be a shame.. I am one who believes that the Bruins will be in the Stanley Cup finals this year.. Will they win it ?  That's why they play the games :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

In Response to Re: Game Over.. drop the gloves.. : I have no illusions of them getting thru the next series any way..  I consider these playoffs a bonus since they really played lousy with little to no effort on too many regular season games... This forum enables us as fans to vent .. Posted by SupportLocal81
    This is the playoffs..they have played one bad game out of 5 in the series and I don't understand your logic in comparing regular season games to playoff games..totally different animal.. They had won 5 in a row on home ice prior to tonite and played very well in all games this playoff year.. If the Habs can take the Penguins to Game 7 why would you think that the Bruins would not have a chance in the next round ?  The East is wide open.. there is no dominant team.. this is the playoffs and anything can happen.. IF the Bruins fail at eliminating the Flyers, which won't happen, this is the golden  opportunity that may never present itself again , and to not take advantage would be a shame.. I am one who believes that the Bruins will be in the Stanley Cup finals this year.. Will they win it ?  That's why they play the games :)
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE] Valid points.. I am just really frustrated with their no show tonight. As you suggest.. 5 in a row is a terrific record.. a stinker like tonight just reminds me of how bad they had been playing until a recent positive swing.. Anything can happen.. hope you are right.. Good post my friend !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Game Over.. drop the gloves.. : This is the playoffs..they have played one bad game out of 5 in the series and I don't understand your logic in comparing regular season games to playoff games..totally different animal.. They had won 5 in a row on home ice prior to tonite and played very well in all games this playoff year.. If the Habs can take the Penguins to Game 7 why would you think that the Bruins would not have a chance in the next round ?  The East is wide open.. there is no dominant team.. this is the playoffs and anything can happen.. IF the Bruins fail at eliminating the Flyers, which won't happen, this is the golden  opportunity that may never present itself again , and to not take advantage would be a shame.. I am one who believes that the Bruins will be in the Stanley Cup finals this year.. Will they win it ?  That's why they play the games :) Posted by cowboys9
    Valid points.. I am just really frustrated with their no show tonight. As you suggest.. 5 in a row is a terrific record.. a stinker like tonight just reminds me of how bad they had been playing until a recent positive swing.. Anything can happen.. hope you are right.. Good post my friend !
    Posted by SupportLocal81[/QUOTE]

We will rejoice together after Game 6..:)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Posted by SupportLocal81

i wouldn't consider going 8-3-1 over the final 12 games of the season "backing in"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Maybe Julien should draw a check or a fight on the whiteboard.
    Posted by jwb413

That is classic!! :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

As a Bruin fan I will not give up until I know for sure it's over and it is not over. I hate shutouts and this shutout should P!ss the Bruins off to a point they will really take it to em. TT could help us in this situation and win one and give Rask a break and shake things up some but the Bruins have to forget about this game a go win the next one. They have to be more composed and get back to their D style of game which is not pretty but effective. They should take Whitfield out and add Marchandfor some added spark and take this series back. We know they can win but just step up like they have all playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

As far as i am concerned it is not the fact that they lost it is how they have lost.  At the same time a loss is a loss.  They just need to put it behind them and come up with a strong effort.

They have to understand that they should be the agressor since they can afford to lose one unlike the Flyers.  I don't understand why the Flyers are the more aggressive team right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

SupportLocal81 you are taking a bit of beating on these spaces.  Excellent rebuttals and commentary though.  The Canucks did come out an hit everything in site game four.  The were killing penalties the whole night and lost.  Last game they play smart.  Checking and timely hitting.  They won.  The Bs must do the same.

The reason for the Flyers success is their defensemen are pinching.  The Bs offense is not getting shots on goal.  Savard will have to lift his game if possible. Their weakness is in net, so if the Bs go back to a strong checking game (hitting) then they will win.  BTW this fan thinks the Bs have done well up until this last game.  Go Bruins!