How about something reasonable?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

How about something reasonable?

Rumor has it Brendan Witt (D) could be made available from NYI.
    How about the B's give them Wideman for Witt and a pick? I like his grit and maybe PC can convince Garth Snow that Wideman just needs a change of scenery. He could be an attractive asset for a young Islanders squad. And Witt could at least help toughen up our squad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Re: How about something reasonable?

It's better than the other option:  A bag of pucks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Let's face it this season is going south and fast.

What's the point of adding a 35 year old defenseman and trading a way a young player and a draft pick?

Unless the player is a game changer or a superstar , I would never give up any picks to try and salvage a lost season. unless the player could make a serious difference.

Witt is not the type player this team needs. So, they bang a few guys into the boards smash in some teeth and still lose anyway....they could do that with the guys who are already here, if they wanted to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Who cares about grit. We have a whole team of team of grits that can't score.  We need goals. That's it that's all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

I find the "grit" angle quite funny right now.  Grit *is* a good thing usually...however, on a team that is near the bottom of the league in scoring goals, grit is not the answer.  If you have a bunch "gritty" guys running around worrying about the next "intimidating hit", you'll either a) miss the net even more by not going near it or b) spend too much time on the penalty kill taking undisciplined penalities and making scoring even tougher a man down all the time.  Be careful what you wish for here.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

I agree this team needs scoring more than anything. But, who are they gonna get to help out in that area? Kovy? He's the only sure thing. And nobody complained last season when it was Lucic's grit that opened things up for Kessel and Savard to rack up points. Championships are built in the defensive zone and our defense is getting murdered. You can't score if the other team is dominating in your own end.

Yes, they need scoring, but let's not forget the other areas of need.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Read Peter King suggesting that the Chargers send Nate Kaeding to a sports pscyhologist for some intensive therapy over the summer.  Have to say - not a bad idea for Wideman if he's still a Bruin come June.  His problems are all between his ears, mostly confidence and trying to correct his failings without much emotional stability.  I think he's harder on himself than this entire board, to be honest.  And if this season is as toasty as Zilla says, then you might get a much better return on $100K of therapy than any deal for an older, less talented player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Witt would be a nice add and I've always wanted to see him in a Bruins uniform but Snow has a slight chance right now to help the Isles make the playoffs. We need puck movers and snipers.

Kaberle could be had and I don't think it would take allot either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Toronto would entertain the possibility of a trade of Kaberle... free up cap space for next year.  Burke did say the right thing, he wouldn't be asking Kaberle to waive his NTC.  Now Kaberle could ask for a trade. Burke semantics.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

Definitely Burke semantics - Toronto now has 5 D-Men with at least a $3.5M cap hit under contract for next year.  Burke will get rid of one of them.

Kaberle would help the Bruins tremendously - we're going to have McQuaid in the lineup against the Caps tomorrow night - need help on the blueline!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

I'd take Kaberle. But how do we get rid of Wideman and his $4mil?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The Charles river?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

Hahaha.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bim Bam nice man! I'll be laughing for awhile on that one Hee Hee Slamm!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Folks, folks, folks,

if a player DIES, his salary still counts against the cap.

Read the CBA.

Think Blake and Hagman would be alive if that weren't the case?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glacebayminers. Show glacebayminers's posts

The Bruins should be looking to Edmonton as they are well out of the race now and are dumping alot of players this year as someone just mentioned Tom Gilbert could be picked up for the right price and the Oilers have some fast forwards who could be had as Cogliano is on the block as this kid can fly and score.It would be nice to see if the Oilers would package Gilbert n Penner to the bruins as both of these players would look great in a Bruins Uniform. The Oilers also have Pisani,Staois n Ethan Moreau can all be had for the right price. So thats where we should be looking to add some speed and wingers.
    Go Bruins!!!!!