How is this Year's Team Tougher??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

How is this Year's Team Tougher??

If Fluto's projections are accurate, with McGratton riding as 13th forward ( or maybe in Providence if Marchand makes it ) and McQuaid as 7th D-man ???

I say make a fourth line a fourth line and let the top 3 lines handle the Offence, and have at least 2 tough, stay-at-home D in the mix ( McQuaid and Stuart) ....

Maybe the 4th line should be Reich-Campbell-McGratton ... better balance and a bona fide enforcer this way....

KeepJ

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: How is this Year's Team Tougher??

Can't put speed like Paille on the bench as bad as his hands can be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I wouldnt bench thornton for reich or mcgratton either...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Nathan Horton and a healthy Stuart and Looch makes them tougher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Still not enough to deter Cooke-like attacks....

Thornton's willingness just doesn't scare anyone... see King fight last night 

Horton has shyed away from the battles for quite awhile now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I hadn't realized we'd all been transported back to 1978.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: How is this Year's Team Tougher??:
    [QUOTE]Still not enough to deter Cooke-like attacks.... Thornton's willingness just doesn't scare anyone... see King fight last night    Horton has shyed away from the battles for quite awhile now.
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

I think you are wrong here..

thornton does not scare king in a fight no, nor should he, and vice versa..

the fact is few of your "goons" enforcers, etc. are throwing these dirty questionable hits..

And Thornton certainly scares Cooke, see video from last year if you want proof..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

[QUOTE]Still not enough to deter Cooke-like attacks.... Thornton's willingness just doesn't scare anyone... see King fight last night    Horton has shyed away from the battles for quite awhile now.
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

you're a complete idiot... you're saying thornton has lost his toughness? since when?! and to bench him for mcgrattan after he was just re-signed just shows you know absolutely nothing about hockey. you should seriously just delete your account right now that was the most embarassing thing ive heard someone else say. i wont even mention paille for reich. oh and yeah cuz those "cooke-like" attacks happen ALL the time and are ALWAYS the most important thing to worry about when your star is on the ice...

god damn some people are so dumb.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The requirement for additional toughness can be negated with an increase in goal production.

A goal scored against an opponent does more damage than a punch to the head.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I dont think Cooke would be running guys w/ Looch out on the ice either. Your Thornton remark is just ignorance Grissy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Chara Healthy = Improvement
    Lucic Healthy = Improvement
    McGratton Riding the Press Box if need be = Improvement
    Stuart Healthy = Improvement

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If tough equals fighting then McGratton and McQuaid make the team.  If tough means going to the net, then Lucic, Horton, Chara, even Caron with Bartkowski definitely on the team.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I think some people throw the word "tougher" around in the wrong way. Gris your saying they arent tougher why?  are you using the word tougher strictly based upon someone who will drop the gloves in a fighters role? 

when i think of tougher i think of bruisers/checkers.  this team can be tough as most of you mentioned when they are healthy.

this team is loaded with guys who will be bruising other teams, with many willing to drop the gloves.  thornton, looch, stuart, gratts, mcquaid will all drop them when needed.  dont forget about almost 7 ft dman who takes no s**t from anyone.

i think this team is fine in the "toughness" dept.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

There is a certain 10% of the fanbase that will always yearn for the spectacle of 1970's bench clearing brawls and side show fistacuffs instead of real hockey, and that 10% will always obsess over this bizarre notion of "toughness" instead of talent.

The Bruins should have plenty of toughness, compete level, and talent.  As for dropping the gloves 5 times a game...who cares?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Goons helps teams sell tickets, not win Cups.

No need for them in hockey any longer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

You can be "tough" and play physical, without fighting and without goons

Go to fullsize image  just one example

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE] The Bruins should have plenty of toughness, compete level, and talent. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on the toughness and talent, when healthy.  It's the "compete level" that I'm interested in.  It's been inconsistent.  When they compete hard they win the vast majority of their games.  I'm hoping that is what they learned from their recent post-season failures.

I have a good feeling about this team......they just need to stay healthy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Goons helps teams sell tickets, not win Cups. No need for them in hockey any longer.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Completely agree. Guys like Thornton and Mcgrattan offer nothingto the game. There was no need for Thornton to be resigned

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is this Year's Team Tougher?? : Completely agree. Guys like Thornton and Mcgrattan offer nothingto the game. There was no need for Thornton to be resigned
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    I won't say they offer nothing. Their role on the team has decreased a lot, but the only reason that role has decreased a lot is because of the stinkin' instagator rule! All it does is allow the Matt Cooke's, Shawn Avery's & Steve Ott's have a longer career & helps them to end the career's of other's. Nothing makes my blood boil more than to see these weasal's go around doing what they do & the league protects them, but don't protect the stars! Complete & total lunacy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]Can't put speed like Paille on the bench as bad as his hands can be.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog, Paille is probably one of the toughest Bruins, He can knock you out with one punch with those stone hands.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: How is this Year's Team Tougher??:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is this Year's Team Tougher?? : SanDog, Paille is probably one of the toughest Bruins, He can knock you out with one punch with those stone hands.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

Uh ah no he can't I'm California and he is in Belfast so that solves that riddle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Exactly San Dog keep the B's across the sea and they will be very tough to play against.

Yes I would love to see the games of the 70's, neither Reich, McG or Thorne would have made those teams unless dressing for someone else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I don't think we need to worry about being tougher, I'd be a bit more worried about scoring goals personally. Besides Looch, Chara, Thornton, Stuart, Boychuck Seids and as mention Stone Hands Pialle, all pretty tough. Ohh um Wheeler is tougher this year? not too sure if you detected hesitancy in that sentence, but I did read that in some reputable article I'm sure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In hockey, It`s impossible to get rid of the goons without first banning fights.

The history has shown that it`s impossible to eschew violence without banning the human being.

Considering both established above. KEEP McGrattan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

WE have what we need to be tough with an edge:

(1) Stuart is healthy is extra toughness
    (2) Chara is back this year and back to old form with a shut d his attitude will be less penalties and stay out the box will be better for Bruins
    (3) Thornton will be still our enforcer and having Mcgrattan on the side is a big maybe
    (4) Marchand will be our new pain in the neck to the opponents or rat
    (5) Looch will keep his eye out for Krejci(until Savard returns) and Horton
    (6) Mcquaid(will drop the gloves) will be our# 6 d man if Hunwick loses his hunger
    (7) Boychuk can take care of himself
    (8) Bergy and Rechhi can also take care of themselves

Overall our line up not bad

Looch Krejci Horton
    Rechhi Bergy Seguin ( for 1st 5 gms.)
    Caron Wheels Ryder ( Ryder is on the bubble unless he finds his scoring touch)
    Paille Campbell Thornton (mcgrattan( could be the next go to net utility)/marchand( our future penatly drawing expert).

Chara Sieds
    Stuart Boychuk
    Ference Mcquaid (bartowski/hunwick)

Task and Thomas