In season pick ups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaySheroGM. Show RaySheroGM's posts

In season pick ups

Going into training camp the Bruins roster is pretty much set except clearing salary for the B.Wheeler contract. My Question is at what point does PC decide to make changes. Last year they waited until the trade deadline, in other years PC has been more active than others.
    06-07
    S.Chistov, B.Bochenski, A.Ference, C.Kobasew, A.Ward, D.Wideman
    07-08
    A.Auld, S.Hnidy
    08-09
    M.Recchi, S.Montador
    09-10
    D.Paille, D.Seidenberg

I think this year he must be more aggresive and not sit back & evaluate. Being able to re-buld on the fly is Important and thats what make Ray Shero, Don Maloney & Lou Lameriello great not just good Gm's.When should he make the Trade & when should he evaluate ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: In season pick ups

That's a question that not a lotta people in the world can answer, which is why those guys are great at what they do...

As for mid-season pick ups though, I hope the B's won't have to make any, which would mean they are sitting pretty...but if someone's injured, I can see PC re-signing Satan again if he is still a FA...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think PC will stay true to form a trade during pre-season camp, late winter pick up and then a move at the trade deadline. For PC the Wideman/Horton trade was big but not to other more aggresive GMs. I don't anticipate Chiarelli changing his approach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think he may be able to do more this season though with expiring contracts.. Ryder and sturm if he waves become tradable.. Bergeron and chara are hopefully extended but if they cant be they become movable as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

You're probably going to see him bring in another D man at sime point, at least something for a little depth because things look a little thin back there. if the season is going well i expect him to make one significant move packaging players and draft picks at/around deadline day. i really believe stregenthening the D is the priority at the moment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Can we let the season start at least? How can you possibly evaluate mid season when your starting roster isn't even set yet? We have no idea what will shake out with this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Nothing required until we know how the team fares.

I like our D with Z, Seid, Stuart, Boyc and Fer, as long as Hunw returns to form of 2 years ago(has to be said about 90% of team) our D is better than most.

Our O comes down to
    1. Does Sav pick up where he should be
    2. See 1- how does the PP do as a result
    3. Wh-Kr-Ry line return to form
    4. Does Hort gel with Sav and Luc
    5. Can D headman the puck
    6. Does Rec continue his pace
    7. Is Seg the real deal,
    8. Can 4th line of Pail-Camp-Thorn be competitive for Cj's 12-14 mins
    9. Can the boys all meet under the cap when Sturm comes back

These are only a handful of elements that will need to be EVALUATED before PC starts slashing players and looking for season pickups, I like the look of our team 1000% more than this time last year.  Last year we were hopeful knowing that Luc and Wheel had a year under their belt we had the top G and D returning, it looked good except we had no replacement for Kess, now we do. 

We should have high expectations and as long as the team goes uninjured it will be in the players hands as to whether a household clearance will be required.

I would prefer throwing 2 rooks on the 4th line with Pail, but that is not going to happen.  TT and Sav are required. TT because Rask needs time and to prove himself, his playoffs did not do it for me. Sav has an excellent cap for his value and if he can bring his 60-70 assists and PP expertise they will not be cap dumps this year.  TT could become available closer to deadline if Rask is proving himself.  If Seg exceeds expectations, Sav could then become available when Sturm comes back or even at the deadline but to trade him now-no.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to Re: In season pick ups:
    Nothing required until we know how the team fares. I like our D with Z, Seid, Stuart, Boyc and Fer, as long as Hunw returns to form of 2 years ago(has to be said about 90% of team) our D is better than most. Our O comes down to 1. Does Sav pick up where he should be 2. See 1- how does the PP do as a result 3. Wh-Kr-Ry line return to form 4. Does Hort gel with Sav and Luc 5. Can D headman the puck 6. Does Rec continue his pace 7. Is Seg the real deal, 8. Can 4th line of Pail-Camp-Thorn be competitive for Cj's 12-14 mins 9. Can the boys all meet under the cap when Sturm comes back These are only a handful of elements that will need to be EVALUATED before PC starts slashing players and looking for season pickups, I like the look of our team 1000% more than this time last year.  Last year we were hopeful knowing that Luc and Wheel had a year under their belt we had the top G and D returning, it looked good except we had no replacement for Kess, now we do.  We should have high expectations and as long as the team goes uninjured it will be in the players hands as to whether a household clearance will be required. I would prefer throwing 2 rooks on the 4th line with Pail, but that is not going to happen.  TT and Sav are required. TT because Rask needs time and to prove himself, his playoffs did not do it for me. Sav has an excellent cap for his value and if he can bring his 60-70 assists and PP expertise they will not be cap dumps this year.  TT could become available closer to deadline if Rask is proving himself.  If Seg exceeds expectations, Sav could then become available when Sturm comes back or even at the deadline but to trade him now-no.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Good post. Enjoyed it. Thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

If hunwick returns to form and ference can manage to stay healthy i like the D too. but somebody will get hurt and i'm still not sold on Mcquaid just yet. i wouldn't mind trading one of our solid forward prospects for a solid defense prospect so we have something to look forward to on the back end. maybe someone like a john carlson or  alex pietrangelo( that might be a little far fetched)