It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

Re: It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey

In Response to Re: It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey : You're the one acting like a baby because you got banned. And BTW-you posted my name first. I'm just getting warmed up.
    Posted by notrolls[/QUOTE]You're real scary Dave! I'm shaking! Whats the drunken know-it-all gonna do from behind his computer now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey : I see, well, on your way home tonight, look to the right.  There's a stable there....your girlfriend might wanna be dropped off
    Posted by Kovi[/QUOTE]I'm done. You're the most childish 40 something year old woman I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. Your mom is such a nice lady. I don't know how she ended up with a loser like you for a daughter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kovi. Show Kovi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey : I'm done. You're the most childish 40 something year old woman I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. Your mom is such a nice lady. I don't know how she ended up with a loser like you for a daughter.
    Posted by sugdenflu[/QUOTE]

err...you started it.  look back at your posts.  you came here crying.

you wanna be all done, so be it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Gotta love it when people "take out their frustrations" at a hockey forum...

The best part of all this is the thread name.  Maybe next time the thread needs to read "It Would Be Cool to REALLY Talk Hockey"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey : err...you started it.  look back at your posts.  you came here crying. you wanna be all done, so be it.
    Posted by Kovi[/QUOTE]Ah, I was just starting to have fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

NOW! that was a great hockey game   up & down action  great scoring chances & spectacular saves  "kicksave & a beauty by giacomin!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

You two are pretty sharp.

Its funny that you call me a troll Iceman & mention that I've had different usernames on different sites. Last I checked your username wasn't notrolls everywhere. And what you're doing right now isn't exactly unbiased posting now is it? Attacking people, with your pigfaced mini-me by your side, and posting personal info on people. Sounds an awful lot like trolling to me. Pot meet kettle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey : Okay "Killer"! I see you made it home to mommy's basement okay. Personal info? lol  Keep it up and you'll see the true meaning of personal info.
    Posted by notrolls[/QUOTE]Mommys basement? That pathetic Iceman! You really are a strange little man. I figured you could do a little better than that.

And don't you ever insult my girlfriend again. She's far from 'beasty'. How the heck would u know? I'm sure a little rat like you has a real prize for a wife. Go e-flirt with Kovs some more. I don't know who's more of a sad sack. Her or you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

That's some great Hockey talk

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey : Gotta say, it's very gallant of you to defend that little troll beast you call a girlfriend. You probably wouldn't have been so offended if it wasn't true. Did you meet her online or at a cattle auction? Either way, you got hosed! Anyway sugdenflu, huscrotch, roughstuff, killer, I'll chat with you later and maybe I'll post some more intriguing stuff about you. Don't forget to roll her in flour first!
    Posted by notrolls[/QUOTE]You're a real swell guy, notrolls, icemantiz, iceman! Stay classy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey : If 'respect' means agreeing with everything Iceman says, than you can keep your 'respect'. I did nothing out of line, other than disagree with the head-honcho, and got banned anyway. No sweat off my sack. 
    Posted by sugdenflu[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you know this but it's really hard to get banned on here. I've seen clowns on here for the longest time. C'mon be honest, what'd you do?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It Would Be Cool to Talk Hockey : Not sure if you know this but it's really hard to get banned on here. I've seen clowns on here for the longest time. C'mon be honest, what'd you do?
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]Not to beat a dead horse. But I really didn't do anything. Iceman & I had issues a couple years ago. It was water under the bridge as far as I was concerned. We had a debate about Tim Thomas and his role in the Bruins slow start. It was fairly civil. No swearing, no name calling. Apparently Ice can't handle a good natured debate. Oh well.

I'm a veteran poster on other boards. I'm not a troll, despite what he would like you to think. I've been thrown off of two boards, his and HF several years ago. My accounts now are in good standing everywhere else, including HF. Live & learn I guess.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

This is one of the worst threads EVER!!!  It started out with a great idea but as usual got sucked into the mindless namecalling like a lot of other threads...GROW THE F*%K UP and stick to the topic!!!!!!!!

I agree that they should get rid of the trapazoid rule, let the goalies handle the puck and there will be far less injuries behind the net.  Should also create offence with the goalies able to play the puck up to the forwards from the corners.

Thats a good point about having the nets increased in size in relation to player size!!  Average height in the 60's was far less than it is now I would think... would be tough on the goaltenders though, trying to adjust to a different net size but I guess thats what everyone is looking for, more goals.

Any one hear what the news coming out of the GM meetings??? Could be a good topic for a new post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Now now, it's ok to speak your mind. I came here tonight to discuss Timmy and our non-existent offense but took a detour to this unconventional thread. No biggie. Tonight's game was too depressing to keep me motivated. Moreover, I made some valuable acquaintances on these boards, so it seems to me that random chit chat now and then isn't the end of the world and may not always be useless.

sugdenflu, I got thrown off HF on my first day there so I know how ridiculous they are, and my brother got thrown off for politely stating a fact about the habs. He had been there for a long time prior to that. It was absurd. I was just shocked by your story because I always found this forum to be on the opposite end of the spectrum entirely...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

[QUOTE] sugdenflu , I got thrown off HF on my first day there so I know how ridiculous they are, and my brother got thrown off for politely stating a fact about the habs. He had been there for a long time prior to that. It was absurd. I was just shocked by your story because I always found this forum to be on the opposite end of the spectrum entirely...
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]I agree about HF 100%. Wally banned me from the site just because I like hockey fighting and I guess he thought I discussed that part of the game too much. 

This forum probably is the opposite end of the spectrum. I haven't had any problems here & don't plan to. Icemans site is another story. But he & I have slung enough mud for know. So I'll just leave it at that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I'm thinking of starting a thread called "It would be cool to talk message board drama" to see if a couple of pages of hockey talk would break out.  :D 

I agree that the trapazoid rule should go.  How about instead of the "no play zone", those areas in the corners become the "fair game zone" where the goalie can go and play the puck, but is fare game to take and give hits within reason.  IMO it is unreasonable to penalize goalies with good puck-handling ability.  If a goalie is going to play like a third defenseman at times, he should be exposed to the checking game during those times, just like a defenseman is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I rest my case.

As you can see, attempts at serious dialogue are a waste of energy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Hey mutant211....you should seriously start that thread about the "message board drama"!!!  hahaha  See what happens..... 

I am also in agreement with the idea that if the goalie plays the puck he should be fair game when it comes to getting hit... within reason. No hitting from behind or boarding...I am also in favor of getting rid of the instigator rule.  Let the players police themselves!!!  If that was the case DIRTY hits would be way down because you would have to pay the piper...respect among hockey players is usually earned but some of the cheap shot guys need to get it beat into their thick sculls. 

That may be another good post to start...Who likes the instigator Rule???
    Good talkin' to you mutant....at least it was about HOCKEY!!!!!! hahaha

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Apparently serious dialogue is not out of the question. Not sure what the problem is but it's nice to go to a db where there aren't people whining every time you deviate from the topic than one or two particular posters seem to think should be the sole basis of discussion.

In any case, I don't want to see goalies getting hit. That's the goaltender in me, and I appreciate the fact that it's hard to come across a really good goaltender. When you finally find one, he's harder to replace than a half decent D man. There are simply not as many prospects in the G department, so extend a little extra effort to keep them healthy.

In principle it sounds like a good idea to institute the trapezoid rule again and to keep the hitting to a minimum. But we all know that more 'accidents' are going to happen that way.

From the perspective of someone who plays in nets, it's great to be able to play the puck beside the net, don't get me wrong-- things can get dull out there and there are times you really, really want to play the puck. And in other leagues, the hitting isn't a big deal so I never had an issue. But then there's the issue of the fans: The no-play zone increases forechecking. People probably prefer that, from an entertainment perspecitve. More battles, etc. But are the D-men getting hurt at a higher frequency? Hard to say...

Question is, what makes the game better? Is it higher demands on D-men that make the game "better"? Or would more creativity and play-making possibility on the part of the goalie make hockey "better"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Good points BruinsUnite but I stand firm on my comments about hockey.  Have you seen the video that they played at the recent GM meetings?  It shows the difference in play between the clutch and grab era and now....quite an eye opener for sure!!!  The main difference being the speed in which the offensive team can enter the defensive zone these days...its incredibaly fast as we have witnessed the past few years.  A defenceman has very little time to make a sound hockey decision with the puck and coming around the net is often vunerable to the headhunter coming around the other way with speed.  If the goaltenders were allowed to handle the puck anywhere on the ice, it would cut down on those types of massive hits which sometimes lead to injury. I also have a goaltending background so I know what its like to be out handling the puck.  As far as I am concerned I was fair game while outside the crease, however I was fortunate to have a crazy defensive core who would always come to my rescue if I got in trouble....or if I got HIT!!  hahaha  That brings me back to the instigator rule but thats on another thread,so check it out when you get a chance.

Finally I want to say that I am not against going off topic, a lot of times its quite entertaining!! I just don't like all the childish antics that sometimes evolve on some of the threads....namecalling and all of that stuff and it can get downright dirty...but in saying that I am guilty of doing it in the past when some moron ticked me off!!  hahaha  Its all good I guess, if I don't like it, why respond to any of it right??  Good chatting with you as always....happy posting!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]Good points BruinsUnite but I stand firm on my comments about hockey.  Have you seen the video that they played at the recent GM meetings?  It shows the difference in play between the clutch and grab era and now....quite an eye opener for sure!!!
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]

Is this on youtube?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Good points BruinsUnite but I stand firm on my comments about hockey.  Have you seen the video that they played at the recent GM meetings?  It shows the difference in play between the clutch and grab era and now....quite an eye opener for sure!!!  The main difference being the speed in which the offensive team can enter the defensive zone these days...its incredibaly fast as we have witnessed the past few years.  A defenceman has very little time to make a sound hockey decision with the puck and coming around the net is often vunerable to the headhunter coming around the other way with speed.  If the goaltenders were allowed to handle the puck anywhere on the ice, it would cut down on those types of massive hits which sometimes lead to injury. I also have a goaltending background so I know what its like to be out handling the puck.  As far as I am concerned I was fair game while outside the crease, however I was fortunate to have a crazy defensive core who would always come to my rescue if I got in trouble....or if I got HIT!!  hahaha  That brings me back to the instigator rule but thats on another thread,so check it out when you get a chance. Finally I want to say that I am not against going off topic, a lot of times its quite entertaining!! I just don't like all the childish antics that sometimes evolve on some of the threads....namecalling and all of that stuff and it can get downright dirty...but in saying that I am guilty of doing it in the past when some moron ticked me off!!  hahaha  Its all good I guess, if I don't like it, why respond to any of it right??  Good chatting with you as always....happy posting!!   
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]

I like your point about the goalie handling the puck as a protection against defensemen.  At the same time the NHL has to realize the size and the skill set of modern hockey players especially goaltenders, the net should be increased in height. Generally I am for opening the game up to the offensive side of the game to get away from the defensive like struggles that "European" football goes through.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

the only problem i have with goalies handling the puck is then the game will be mostly played in the neutral zone and then we're back to boring games with no goals.
    i say keep this in and we'll great forecheck and cycling in the zone which the fans love to see.  what the leauge should look into is maybe some inference from the defense in their own zone being allowed on a barrelling in forward to protect any blind sided hit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

[QUOTE]the only problem i have with goalies handling the puck is then the game will be mostly played in the neutral zone and then we're back to boring games with no goals. i say keep this in and we'll great forecheck and cycling in the zone which the fans love to see.  what the leauge should look into is maybe some inference from the defense in their own zone being allowed on a barrelling in forward to protect any blind sided hit.
    Posted by FairbankAK[/QUOTE]

FaribankAK = TROLL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

I'll try to find the video...they played a short clip on TSN Sportsdesk one morning last week.  Players were actually ON other players backs and no call!! The game has certainly come a long way.