its trading season....lets throw out some ideas

couple ideas for trades....

To Columbus

Joe Coulborne
    Matt Hunwick

To Boston

Nik Filatov
    Jared Boll

a big risk involved here trading for a guy who just quit on his team and left for Russia, but his upside is as high as Colborne's and is a wing that can finish

To St Louis

Tim Thomas
    Zack Hamill

To Boston

David Perron

Perron can put the puck in the net, plays wing and the Bruins had interest in him years back, we might need to sweaten the pot alittle more, but throwing a pick in their should get in done

To Chicago

Matt Hunwick

To Boston

Ben Eager

love this guys energy, runs around just absolutely smashing people, Bruins could use a guy like that

To Tampa

Dennis Wideman or Ryder
    Mikko Lehtonen
    15th overall pick

To Boston

Martin St Louis
    38th overall pick

St Louis has already asked for  atrade, Bruins would love to pick this guy up, can score with the best of them

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Re: its trading season....lets throw out some ideas

oh yes it is the silly season!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to its trading season....lets throw out some ideas:
    couple ideas for trades.... To Columbus Joe Coulborne Matt Hunwick To Boston Nik Filatov Jared Boll a big risk involved here trading for a guy who just quit on his team and left for Russia, but his upside is as high as Colborne's and is a wing that can finish To St Louis Tim Thomas Zack Hamill To Boston David Perron Perron can put the puck in the net, plays wing and the Bruins had interest in him years back, we might need to sweaten the pot alittle more, but throwing a pick in their should get in done To Chicago Matt Hunwick To Boston Ben Eager love this guys energy, runs around just absolutely smashing people, Bruins could use a guy like that To Tampa Dennis Wideman or Ryder Mikko Lehtonen 15th overall pick To Boston Martin St Louis 38th overall pick St Louis has already asked for  atrade, Bruins would love to pick this guy up, can score with the best of them
    Posted by DarrenRyan9

Filatov is in Russia and Boll is a goooooooooon.  I wouldn't mind if they traded their third round pick for Filatov.  Boll has no value.

Perron is a stud in the making.  Is there any reason he would be traded?

Eager has a goal in last night's game, so he enters the topic.  He's a goon and certainly isn't worth a top six defenseman.

No point in including Lehtonen or Ryder in any trade deal.  They don't add any value.  Martin St. Louis has not asked for a trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

who couldnt use a good old fashion goon

St Louis needs a goaltender, and have depth at forward, might take alittle more to get him but Thomas might finally put them into the playoffs for the next 3 years

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: its trading season....lets throw out some ideas:
    who couldnt use a good old fashion goon St Louis needs a goaltender, and have depth at forward, might take alittle more to get him but Thomas might finally put them into the playoffs for the next 3 years
    Posted by DarrenRyan9

Perron just turned 22.  He is a very highly touted young player.  Guys like him don't get traded for 35 year old goalies with injuries and big contracts.

If the B's wanted to trade a goaltender for Perron, it would be Rask.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Martin St. Louis has said publically he wants out of Tampa, you decide if thats considered asking for a trade or not.
    Posted by pbergeron37

It's possible that I'm wrong, but I think he has stated that he's unhappy with the team starting over again and wants to play for a winner.  Statements like that are about as close as you can get without going all Denis Lemieux.  I don't think he's come out and directly said that he wants to be traded.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Filatov "promises" Columbus that he'll be in camp next year. Not saying that I trust him but he would sure up a nice top line wing position and it would take more than a 3rd rnder to get him. Id give up #15 if PC was convinced that he would come back. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Filatov "promises" Columbus that he'll be in camp next year. Not saying that I trust him but he would sure up a nice top line wing position and it would take more than a 3rd rnder to get him. Id give up #15 if PC was convinced that he would come back. 
    Posted by mattymcgee55

It is unknown if he'll be an NHL wing, let alone a top line player.  He has played 21 NHL games.

What is a 3rd rnder?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Filatov could be special.  If you could get him for #15, sure.

Darren - I have absolutely no sense of what you're looking to accomplish with these deals.  Not a clue.  Unless you have some sense of what kind of team you're building, it's impossible to assess whether players are "worth" dealing for or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Filatov could be special.  If you could get him for #15, sure. Darren - I have absolutely no sense of what you're looking to accomplish with these deals.  Not a clue.  Unless you have some sense of what kind of team you're building, it's impossible to assess whether players are "worth" dealing for or not.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I think he's looking to load the team with goons while dumping salaries and underperforming players and fleecing other clubs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

We have Tampa's second round pick. That's something I just wanted to clarify.

Filatov has a great skill, and I think he wants to play in North America. The only reason he went back to Russia was because Ken Hitchcock was under-utilizing him. He's a top 6 player, and if you're not going to give him those minutes then you need to figure out something to do with him.

I don't think we would be able to get St. Louis. He had too good of a season to go for just Lehtonen and Ryder. The Hunwick for Ben Eager deal could work, but that's after Chicago clears some cap room from the defense. 

I like Perron, but the way people value him is unrealistic. If you want to equate him as a player, compare him to Wheeler. Before people rip my head off, I know he's produced better than Wheeler. But his inconsistencies are similar to Wheeler, and he's not producing up to his talent. His puck handling abilities are incredible, but he hasn't been consistent enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

i dont want to make all these trades....these are just ideas that came to mind

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

To CHI: 3rd in 2010 (82nd Overall, via Phoenix), Zach Hamill
    To BOS: Dustin Byfuiglen

I like Byfuiglen alot.  He's Lucic with some extra scoring touch, and he's not afraid of anyone, which is why he gets assigned to cover Pronger.  He's be a good fit on the second line. 

To NJD: Michael Ryder
    To BOS: David Clarkson

Clarkson is asking for a raise that new jersey doesn't seem willing to give him, so he will likely hit the open market barring a trade.  Here's the reason they would take Ryder.  Ryder flourishes when he's not the man the defense is focusing on, which is why he did so well last year, when the opposing defenses were focusing on Kessel, Savard, and Krejci.  In Jersey, he would have the same advantage.  Teams will be more focused on the likes of Parise and possibly Kovalchuk, so he could really do some extra damage for the Devils.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

dude no one wants ryder........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

To CHI: 3rd in 2010 (82nd Overall, via Phoenix), Zach Hamill To BOS: Dustin Byfuiglen I like Byfuiglen alot.  He's Lucic with some extra scoring touch, and he's not afraid of anyone, which is why he gets assigned to cover Pronger.  He's be a good fit on the second line.  To NJD: Michael Ryder To BOS: David Clarkson
    Posted by beantowngm15

Why would Chicago want this deal?

No one wants Ryder's contract and lack of production.  No one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

To any team willing to take them:

Tim Thomas for case of Gatorade
    Michael Ryder for bag of pucks
    Dennis Wideman for case of hockey tape
    Dandy Andy Ference for a water bottle
    Marco Sturm for the water to go in above bottle

Opens up 20 million in cap space

Re-sign Seidenberg, Stuart, Boychuk, Sobotka.
    Sign Alex Auld for around 1.5 million.
    Sign a free agent scoring winger.
    Money left to spare.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

[QUOTE]We have Tampa's second round pick .... .
    Posted by joeschmo25[/QUOTEeby]

Not any more. We traded it to get Seidenberg.

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2010/3/3/1334885/nhl-trade-deadline-dennis

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say that Tampa doesn't have their second rounder. I do wish that we traded our second rounder instead of Tampa's, we'd have a pick 9 spots higher.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

To any team willing to take them: Tim Thomas for case of Gatorade Michael Ryder for bag of pucks Dennis Wideman for case of hockey tape Dandy Andy Ference for a water bottle Marco Sturm for the water to go in above bottle Opens up 20 million in cap space Re-sign Seidenberg, Stuart, Boychuk, Sobotka. Sign Alex Auld for around 1.5 million. Sign a free agent scoring winger. Money left to spare.
    Posted by notrolls

You really think we'd get a whole case of tape for Wideman? Not just a couple of rolls? C'mon man.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bos328. Show bos328's posts

To any team willing to take them: Tim Thomas for case of Gatorade Michael Ryder for bag of pucks Dennis Wideman for case of hockey tape Dandy Andy Ference for a water bottle Marco Sturm for the water to go in above bottle Opens up 20 million in cap space Re-sign Seidenberg, Stuart, Boychuk, Sobotka. Sign Alex Auld for around 1.5 million. Sign a free agent scoring winger. Money left to spare.
    Posted by notrolls

LOL...those are good returns....Do it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I do think Hunwick and Thomas will be involved in trades I also believe that the Partners will be/should be Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Florida and San Jose. If Ryder were dealt PC would have to take like 3-3.5Mil (Versteeg or Sharp would be my choices) back so the buyout option is better the Bs get over 2Mil to play with. 

The Blues and San Jose will be good partners because of there goaltending.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Why dont we trade every player that is is their 2nd or third year.  As mentioned in a previous post --- Why trade players that have not reached their full potential and are getting better each year. 

Players not to trade--- period!

1.  Krejci
    2.  Bergeron
    3.  Lucic
    4.  Rask
    5.  Hunwick-- was playing great rookie year until the ruptured spleen--- lost his confidence a little, but I thought he played well in the playoffs with a couple of mistakes but that happens to all young players.
    6.  Colborne
    7.  Caron

Young players who should be considered for trading:

1. Wheeler-- (I would keep him for 1 more year-- but if he could fetch a proven veteran goal scorer-- maybe I would consider).  Something about him tells me he will have a hard time getting his game to the next level.
    2. Sobotka
    3. Marchand
    4. Hamil
    5. Mcqaid ( I like him-- think he could be a solid #3/ #4 D-man in the future).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Many of these suggestions are pretty ludicrous so I'll also throw one out...

Let's try and up the return for Ryder and Ference from a bag of pucks and a water bottle...

To Edmonton : Ference and Ryder.

To Boston : Dustin Penner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Here's my own list of Bruin untouchables :

Tuuka Rask.
    Tyler Seguin or Taylor Hall.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

How many Russian hockey players are playing in the Flyers - Hawks Stanley Cup Finals this year...

Zero by my count !