Jack Edwards Return October 3!!!! :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emitchell2. Show emitchell2's posts

Jack Edwards Return October 3!!!! :)

ALL HAIL THE RETURN OF JACK EDWARDS ON OCTOBER 3rd... It has been a long hibernation for Jack. Word on the street is that Jack dreamed about defenseman cycling along the halfwall, mid air fungos, SAVES BY THOMAS, and comparing Bruins' wins to revolutionary war battles.

I don't know about you folks, but I am so pumped for Jack to return. THIS BUILDING IS VIBRATING! GO JACK GO!!!

In all seriousness, that guy is the man. Even though he may not know hockey like Brick, he's entertaining as all hell and does a great job bringing excitement to fans.

Hopefully he'll compare steve ott to a SCUD missile again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Re: Jack Edwards Return October 3!!!! :)

In Response to Jack Edwards Return October 3!!!! :):
    [QUOTE]ALL HAIL THE RETURN OF JACK EDWARDS ON OCTOBER 3rd... It has been a long hibernation for Jack. Word on the street is that Jack dreamed about defenseman cycling along the halfwall, mid air fungos, SAVES BY THOMAS, and comparing Bruins' wins to revolutionary war battles. I don't know about you folks, but I am so pumped for Jack to return. THIS BUILDING IS VIBRATING! GO JACK GO!!! In all seriousness, that guy is the man. Even though he may not know hockey like Brick, he's entertaining as all hell and does a great job bringing excitement to fans. Hopefully he'll compare steve ott to a SCUD missile again
    Posted by emitchell2[/QUOTE]

He is the MAN. I'm Beaver Tapped and ready to go! I will surely be sitting in Gretzky's Office to watch the game on October 3rd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SluggyBuggy. Show SluggyBuggy's posts

Jack gets me amped

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Jack makes me think that people don't like hockey anymore, and need an entertainer such as him so spice it up.....not gonna lie, he makes me laugh, but I would like nothing more than him to be fired.....BRING BACK DALE ARNOLD

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ditclapper. Show ditclapper's posts

Jack is an embarrasment! I've had to convince myself to tolerate his contrived catch phrases and over the top rambling. Just Call the game!

The recent passing of Fred Cusick has only reinforced how much I dislike Edwards. The sad part is that he clearly has some knowledge and passion for the game.

I wish he would just call the game and let the emotion flow from the action instead of trying to put his own personal agenda to the forefront.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Edwards is terrible.

Terrible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctgolfer. Show ctgolfer's posts

Jack Edwards makes me long for Dave Shea. Ouch. Just as they can't put a first-class team on the ice, the Bruins also are lacking in the TV booth. Guess why Edwards got booted from ESPN. Ever get the feeling that Brick sometimes just wants to clock Edwards for the absolutely stupid things he says? Edwards is just a shill for the Bruins spin machine. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctgolfer. Show ctgolfer's posts

In Response to Re: Jack Edwards Return October 3!!!! :):
    [QUOTE]Jack is an embarrasment! I've had to convince myself to tolerate his contrived catch phrases and over the top rambling. Just Call the game! The recent passing of Fred Cusick has only reinforced how much I dislike Edwards. The sad part is that he clearly has some knowledge and passion for the game. I wish he would just call the game and let the emotion flow from the action instead of trying to put his own personal agenda to the forefront.
    Posted by ditclapper[/QUOTE]

Good comment. Yes, Edwards does have knowledge and passion, and because of that, I often feel sorry for him. His attempts at humor come off as contrived and his hyperbole is unlistenable. Jack, please, keep it straight, we don't need to be entertained by you. As a student of the game you should know that the best hockey PBP guys let their descriptions of the action carry the call: Hewett, Kelly, Martyn, etc. Let your trademark be a crisp and incisive call, not trite and insulting to longtime hockey afficionados. My favorite right now is Dave Strader.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins09. Show bruins09's posts

Jack Edwards has 5th grade commentary.  Dale Arnold blows him away and I am sick of looking at his yellow teeth.  I think he can afford a whitening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins09. Show bruins09's posts

And Yes, Brick can't stand Edwards either, that is very obvious.  Who started this post?  Your sense of humor is horrible if that guy makes you laugh.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

not  really a big fan of edwards I miss dale arnold

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Liked Shea.

Didn't llike Arnold.  Don't like Edwards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zombietraine. Show Zombietraine's posts

Edwards is the MAN! 

Stop living in the past.  ZOMG I MISS DALE ARNOLD! WHERE IS CAM NEELY, WHY ISN'T BOBBY ORR PLAYING!?!?!?!

Get over it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtvh1959. Show dtvh1959's posts

In Response to Jack Edwards Return October 3!!!! :):
    [QUOTE]ALL HAIL THE RETURN OF JACK EDWARDS ON OCTOBER 3rd... It has been a long hibernation for Jack. Word on the street is that Jack dreamed about defenseman cycling along the halfwall, mid air fungos, SAVES BY THOMAS, and comparing Bruins' wins to revolutionary war battles. I don't know about you folks, but I am so pumped for Jack to return. THIS BUILDING IS VIBRATING! GO JACK GO!!! In all seriousness, that guy is the man. Even though he may not know hockey like Brick, he's entertaining as all hell and does a great job bringing excitement to fans. Hopefully he'll compare steve ott to a SCUD missile again
    Posted by emitchell2[/QUOTE]

Jack Edwards is an embarrassment to Boston fans, he should be calling high school pep rallies not a professional hockey team. I don't know how Brickley can sit in the booth with this fool.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mazmania. Show mazmania's posts

For those of you who miss Dale Arnold , Are you serious!! He was the worst play by play guy in history. Fred Cusick and Bob Wilson are legends and I miss them greatly.(R.I.P. Fred) Now  ,Jack Edwards dances to his own groove and might be a little over the top but his enthusiasm is refreshing. I personally think Dave Goucher would be perfect. Dale would drive me crazy with his "snakes it up the boards" and his teachings of the game. Ahh Dale we know the game this is'nt Tar Heel country!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Jack Edwards is awful. Without Andy Brickly I'd mute the TV.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Try listening to Pierre McGuire for extended periods of time and you will begin to appreciate Jack Edwards.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

agreed.  mcguire makes me want to rip my ears from my head.  edwards crosses the line into the realm of stupidity way too often.  Goucher would be my first choice.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Since we're all pining for the past, here, I'd like Bob Wilson to announce games again - classy, knowledgeable, passionate about all things Bruin, and he had that booming voice.  Edwards has nearly too much excitement, definitely too many silly repetitive phrases which irritate me to no end and I'm quite certain that the Bruins don't play on a river.  That said, I didn't like Dave Shea at all and I simply can't tolerate Dale Arnold (a know-it-all ponce, in my opinion).  I hope Edwards will grow on me somehow because I watch every game and I recoil whenever the Bruins are on Versus.

I think I'm still very pissed off about last night, if truth be known.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: Jack Edwards Return October 3!!!! :):
    [QUOTE]Try listening to Pierre McGuire for extended periods of time and you will begin to appreciate Jack Edwards.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Thank you soo much for saying that. I am watching TSN right now (Wings and Blues) and I absolutely despise McGuire. He picks one player every game and goes on and on and on and on and on and on about the guy like he's the second coming of Christ. He is the second worst TV personality ever in hockey. The worst is that idiot from Buffalo, Janacerick? If you want the worst radio personality listen to Jim Ralph do colour for Leaf games. These guys are the reason that non hockey people stay non hockey people.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Aw come on he aint that bad hes a nice guy. Just doing his job guys!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I hate it when Jack asks Brick an extended discussion question like, "How does a player recover from injury, Brick?"  Then we get a one minute discourse, followed by another silmilar question and another minute.  All while PLAY IS GOING ON.

Hello?  The ACTION is what matters.

Also, if they try that gimmick letting amateur announcers have a turn, just kids doing five minutes or more, I believe I will GAG.  This is supposed to be a MAJOR league sport, guys. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Jack Edwards is the worst in the league. His female-like shreeking is almost enough to mute the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

the guys madd funny 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from drayna14. Show drayna14's posts

I love Jack Edwards, probably watching the game from a bar but will DVR it to listen to Jack's ridiculousness. Jack Edwards is my favorite Bruin!