1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeneenhag. Show jeneenhag's posts

Re: jack edwards

Right on, Godzilla.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeneenhag. Show jeneenhag's posts

Oops, sorry, "Zillagod"!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think he is responding to the criticism, he seems to have toned it down and his observations are more relevant.

Also the expressions seem to used in more appropriate situations and he's not saying them for the sake of saying them like he did last year.

Having said that, since he's put people off initially, it will be very hard for him to overcome that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Yeah, that's what we want in a hockey play-by-play guy! "Appropriateness"

Seriously

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Jack knows the players well, both teams, and keeps up with the flow of the game even though he has to talk fast sometimes.  It isn't so easy-- try it yourself as you watch sometimes.

My big gripe is the way he and Brick chit-chat during the action.  Drives me nuts!!  Vague theoretical discussions about why..how...whenever.. when the vital action is right before us.  Sure, I can ignore it.  But that takes effort and it's distracting even when ignored. 

Stay with the action, please, Jack and Brick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdp123. Show rdp123's posts

more like Jack Ass-wards

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctbruin. Show ctbruin's posts

Television play-by-play is more difficult than radio. Whereas the radio broadcaster must paint a word picture of the action, the television broadcaster's role is to complement the picture on your screen. It is a balancing act that requires the right blend of words and silence. On this count, Jack falls short. He seems determined to call every detail as if doing a radio broadcast. This is unnecessary and, worse, distracting from the picture. Mostly what I am looking for from television play by play is who has the puck at key moments and who's shooting (I'm reminded of the great Dan Kelly: "Here's Gary Unger...shooting!"). I do not need a call of every touch, every pass, every bump. What made Kelly so great was he knew when a description was necessary (yes, often), but not whistle-to-whistle. Finally, Jack, keep it straight. Your attempts at humor are unnecessary and often have the feel of being contrived and unspontaneous. You are not there to entertain...that's the job of the product on the ice. You are there to help us understand what we are watching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

In Response to Re: jack edwards:
    [QUOTE]Seriously , what's wrong with you people? If you are not bashing the coach, the players, the refs or Bettman you are bashing the announcers. Who's next Rene Rancourt? The P.A. announcer? Or the guy in section 21 selling popcorn and peanuts? Try to grow up a little.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the voice of reason Zilla.  Rene Rancourt and his fist pump are untouchable!  He's an institution!!  Jack Edwards may be a little unusual in his comments, but he's never boring.  Sends it down the river!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Jack is the Man ! Come on ! What's that !?!?!?!?

I'm totally agree with you ZillaGod !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

You Gotta Wonder how many times during the duration of a game that Brick thinks to himself WTEF is this guy Saying and WTEF am I doing here!