Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer

I wonder if any of us will hope we can somehow, someway find a way to acquire and sign to a long term cap friendly deal a player like Savvy when we’re watching him set up someone else’s wingers.

I love the long term benefits of the Kessel trade, but his goals weren’t replaced and we had a major drop in offensive production from the previous year.
    Now we are looking to unload savvy, do any of us wonder who will replace his pnts?  Maybe the 18 year old, but this season? --- I don't think so, not yet.

Hmm, hovering around the bottom of the league in goals, trading away the top goal scorer last year without replacing his goals with a FA and now exploring trading away the top offensive talent this year -- sounds like a good strategy. Maybe Chia sees that Theo run prevention is working and going for the hockey equivalent in a Goal prevention strategy.  I hope it’s not only the Bs goal that is prevented. Can the Bs make the playoffs if half our games are 0-0 ties?  Crap the shoot outs, who going to be able to score in the shoot outs!
    I wonder if Tallon in Fla is learning anything from our Chia so he can learn how to build a champion in vacation land --- wait, wasn’t he the guy in Chicago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer

1.  That font blows.

2.  The subject line said there would be humor.  I think you forgot the link to the funny stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer

I did not hear anything about Bergy being traded.  Where have you seen this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

NAS,

Your right, the font does blow! I didn't notice untill you pointed it out.

On the humer, everyone has a different sence of it.

How about this, is this funny

Knock... Knock...
    Who's there?
    Hello, We're your next 4th liner and a 3rd rounder in 2012 that's replacing your top line center.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer:
    I wonder if any of us will hope we can somehow, someway find a way to acquire and sign to a long term cap friendly deal a player like Savvy when we’re watching him set up someone else’s wingers. I love the long term benefits of the Kessel trade, but his goals weren’t replaced and we had a major drop in offensive production from the previous year. Now we are looking to unload savvy, do any of us wonder who will replace his pnts?  Maybe the 18 year old, but this season? --- I don't think so, not yet. Hmm, hovering around the bottom of the league in goals, trading away the top goal scorer last year without replacing his goals with a FA and now exploring trading away the top offensive talent this year -- sounds like a good strategy. Maybe Chia sees that Theo run prevention is working and going for the hockey equivalent in a Goal prevention strategy.   I hope it’s not only the Bs goal that is prevented. Can the Bs make the playoffs if half our games are 0-0 ties?   Crap the shoot outs, who going to be able to score in the shoot outs! I wonder if Tallon in Fla is learning anything from our Chia so he can learn how to build a champion in vacation land --- wait, wasn’t he the guy in Chicago.
    Posted by mxx

Yeah I know that this isn't a baseball thread, but . . . . Sox have 5th worst ERA in the AL. Their saving grace is that they have the Majors best offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

This won't end well...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer:
    NAS, Your right, the font does blow! I didn't notice untill you pointed it out. On the humer, everyone has a different sence of it. How about this, is this funny Knock... Knock... Who's there? Hello, We're your next 4th liner and a 3rd rounder in 2012 that's replacing your top line center.
    Posted by mxx

Option A:  Status quo

Savard
    Krejci
    Bergeron

Seguin out of position or back in the OHL

Option B:  Trade Savard

Krejci
    Bergeron
    Seguin

Return from Savard trade and $4M of cap space free for the next seven years.

I'll take Option B all day.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Trading Savard would be a MASSIVE mistake and anyone who plays hockey and has somewhat of an idea how quick and brutal it is knows how quick you can get injured. So, say Krecji gets hurt after you trade Savvy? So you have Bergeron, a rookie Sequin and whos knows after that. You FINALLY have depth and you want to trade your highest point getter on the team? The guy is a steal at 4+ a year and can MOST likely pull off a 100+ point season with a determined Horton and a stronger Lucic on the left. Man, some of these people on here just baffle me with their hockey sense. The one who SHOULD be traded is Chara! One year left at 6 at year? Package that and your first for a younger puck mover and saavy vet dman like Ward again, NOT Ward, someone like Ward and you again just upgraded the d. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer:
    In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : Option A:  Status quo Savard Krejci Bergeron Seguin out of position or back in the OHL Option B:  Trade Savard Krejci Bergeron Seguin Return from Savard trade and $4M of cap space free for the next seven years. I'll take Option B all day.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Some people seem to forget that there are usually 4 lines on an NHL team.  Nobody has shown me a viable 4th line center in the "trade Savard' scenarios.  By viable I mean cup winning 4th line center, not a Sabotka, Campbell "6 minutes a game" plug. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

NAS - Take six of those years off the table.  Or five.  It's a question of when you make a move to accommodate Seguin - do it now or give him time to work in.  I'm on the "work in" side.  I have no problem with Seguin playing primarily on the wing for a year and switching into the pivot for games, periods, even shifts (Bergeron being the candidate for the switch - especially if they're on the same line so Bergeron can cover the rook's positioning).

They won't put Seguin back in the OHL unless he's not NHL-ready or if they can't sign him. If it comes to pass, though, and you deal Savard, then your centres are Krejci, Bergeron, Campbell, Hamill*.

As usual, I trust speculation from the Hoser more than most (read: all) other sources.  He actually wrote that the Bruins might take Grabovski as a return on Savard.  If that came to pass, it would make Option B: Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, and Grabovski and $1.1M of cap savings for two years, then $4M for the following five.  That's not nearly as attractive unless you can make that $1.1M make a difference somewhere.

*Okay, I admit, it's probably Whitfield.  Or one of three or four other prospects.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : Option A:  Status quo Savard Krejci Bergeron Seguin out of position or back in the OHL Option B:  Trade Savard Krejci Bergeron Seguin Return from Savard trade and $4M of cap space free for the next seven years. I'll take Option B all day.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I think it would be terrible to see Seguin playing on the Wing.  I hope that the Bruins send him back to the OHL if they are not going to play him at Center next season.

I can just see it.  The kid underperforms at wing.  Everyone whines about how PC should have drafted Hall instead, the kid loses all confidence, and we eventually have to give the kid away to some Western Conference team as another player who didn't quite "fit in with the Bruins mould."

Is there some humour on this thread that I missed ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Trading Savard would not be "a massive mistake" as some posters postulate.

He's been previously let go by three NHL teams (Flames, Rangers, Thrashers) who barely even missed him.

Signing a concussion ridden player to a seven year contract with a NMC has alot of risk associated with it . 

I agree that trading Savard for either Kaberle or Grabovski would be a "massive mistake" though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

RMiller,

Don't you find it funny that we are looking for all this cap relief and looking to trade guys that haven't even had their 1st day under the contract, that's funny!

It's also funny that a team struggling for offence is looking to trade a guy they just signed to a cap friendly deal that averaged 80 +  pnts/year (33 pnt in 41 gms this past).

Oh yes, it's also funny that we are not talking about moves involving Sturm, Ryder and Wheeler.

Isn't that all funny stuff 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : Some people seem to forget that there are usually 4 lines on an NHL team.  Nobody has shown me a viable 4th line center in the "trade Savard' scenarios.  By viable I mean cup winning 4th line center, not a Sabotka, Campbell "6 minutes a game" plug. 
    Posted by scooter244

Turns out I am fully aware of the fourth line.  That spot doesn't change as the the top three do if Savard is moved.  I figured that was clear, but seeing as you apparently need to be led by the hand, let me add this:

Greg Campbell played to an even +/- rating in Florida in '08-09 while playing almost 17 minutes per game.  He'll be the fourth line center, and probably a heck of a good one.

Because you apparently require full disclosure of obvious facts, would you like me to explain the +/- rating to you, and why ending up even in Florida while playing 17 minutes a game is impressive?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I don`t find it funny at all.

It`s just a business decision.

Savard`s contract 7 year contract was offered to him :

a) Before he sustained a severe concussion that saw him miss a significant part of last season.  When he returned for the playoffs, he was far from being the kind of player that he is supposed to be.  Which 33 year old NHL players do you recall having good seasons after a head shot like that -- not too many. 

b) Before Seguin (a potential future No. 1 Centre) was acquired in the draft.

I see Savard as now expendable for the Black and Gold, and trading him is an option worth exploring -- just not to a Conference rival.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : Turns out I am fully aware of the fourth line.  That spot doesn't change as the the top three do if Savard is moved.  I figured that was clear, but seeing as you apparently need to be led by the hand, let me add this: Greg Campbell played to an even +/- rating in Florida in '08-09 while playing almost 17 minutes per game.  He'll be the fourth line center, and probably a heck of a good one. Because you apparently require full disclosure of obvious facts, would you like me to explain the +/- rating to you, and why ending up even in Florida while playing 17 minutes a game is impressive?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE
    ]
    Playing 17 minutes in a game in Florida in not impressive at all.  All that says to me is that he was ok in a defensive system.  I'll spell that out for you... He has no offensive upside.   He had 2 goals and was a -5 last year.  A -12 and a -10 the years before your carefully selected year when he wowed south Florida at even.  Plan the parade we have Gregory Campbell as our fourth line center.  That would be way better than Savard, Krecji, Seguin and Bergeron. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

RMiller,

Everyone knew we were going to get a decent pick, maybe not the #2 ..... but a good pick. 

The Ference deal, the tt deal w/NMC at his age, price and length and then the Savvy deal only a handful of months ago for 7 yrs long and a NTC to boot .... and now we are looking for cap space, what did he lose his caculator or spreadsheet or something????-- if you don't find that funny, well you then you just don't find it funny.

I bet there are some NE division rivals that find it funny!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

mxx :

Perhaps, I have lost my sense of humour...

Maybe, I don`t find it funny because when I made to decision to be a Bruins`fan, I thought that they might one day win a Stanley Cup.

But this team actually just managed to go 3-0, 3-0, uh-oh...

The Bruins are forever jinxed, methinks...

I have a sense that the Bs management can even find a way to screw up a sure thing like drafting Tyler Seguin...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Playing 17 minutes in a game in Florida in not impressive at all.  All that says to me is that he was ok in a defensive system.  I'll spell that out for you... He has no offensive upside.   He had 2 goals and was a -5 last year.  A -12 and a -10 the years before your carefully selected year when he wowed south Florida at even.  Plan the parade we have Gregory Campbell as our fourth line center.  That would be way better than Savard, Krecji, Seguin and Bergeron. 
    Posted by scooter244

You can't expect to have offensive juggernaughts on the fourth line.  Their job is to give the other lines a rest, create some havoc and keep the puck out of their own net.

Fourth line players don't win the Cup.  It's their job to help prevent losing it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

RMiller,

I've been a life long fan and badly want to celebrate another cup back. 
    Over the years, i just can't understand some of the desiosns made.

I've gotten to the point that I scratch my head about some of this stuff, I have to think of it as dark humor.

I was even on the edge of my seat wondering if they would actually draft  segiun I thought there may be a risk that they had their eye on some 170 something ranked player they thought was an under the radar star.

To look at their cap situation now and trying to trade players that the ink is still wet on their long term deals with NTC, well that is just silly season for me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : You can't expect to have offensive juggernaughts on the fourth line.  Their job is to give the other lines a rest, create some havoc and keep the puck out of their own net. Fourth line players don't win the Cup.  It's their job to help prevent losing it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

In my opinion, what we are talking about is the difference between good teams and great teams.  The fourth line does the things you say (maybe minus the giving the others a rest - they should be more than that), and contributes on the score sheet when they are matched away from the best checking lines.  Not an offensive juggernaut, but very capable of chipping in when needed.  That is a line centered by Bergeron, not Campbell.  Roll four lines at them and wear them down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : In my opinion, what we are talking about is the difference between good teams and great teams.  The fourth line does the things you say (maybe minus the giving the others a rest - they should be more than that), and contributes on the score sheet when they are matched away from the best checking lines.  Not an offensive juggernaut, but very capable of chipping in when needed.  That is a line centered by Bergeron, not Campbell.  Roll four lines at them and wear them down.
    Posted by scooter244

A player like Patrice Bergeron needs to be on the ice for more than the six minutes a game you spoke of earlier. 

You can't play four lines with equal time, because then you are taking your best players off the ice for too long.  No coach (or logical person) is going to put Thornton and Paille out there as much as Lucic and Horton.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Just a little humor - B's fixing goal scoring issue, 202 goals (3rd worst) by trading top pnts producer : A player like Patrice Bergeron needs to be on the ice for more than the six minutes a game you spoke of earlier.  You can't play four lines with equal time, because then you are taking your best players off the ice for too long.  No coach (or logical person) is going to put Thornton and Paille out there as much as Lucic and Horton.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So you downgrade at center to match your inept wingers on the fourth line?
    Shawn (healthy scratch) Thornton will not be a factor and in case you missed it Paillie was not qualified showing where he sits on the priority list.  Add Caron and Marchand and we are talking about a decent 4th. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

RMiller, Don't you find it funny that we are looking for all this cap relief and looking to trade guys that haven't even had their 1st day under the contract, that's funny! It's also funny that a team struggling for offence is looking to trade a guy they just signed to a cap friendly deal that averaged 80 +  pnts/year (33 pnt in 41 gms this past). Oh yes, it's also funny that we are not talking about moves involving Sturm, Ryder and Wheeler. Isn't that all funny stuff 
    Posted by mxx

I think Sturm would be impossible to trade at this point of his career, comming off another major knee injury. I would love to see him get gone tho, i dont care what the return would be, i think Sturm is done for. Now sturm is suppose to miss the start of the season, so does that mean they place him on LTIR and his money comes off the cap? And if that is the case, what are they gonna do when he's ready to return? PC is gonna have to make something happen.

I think Ryder could have a bounce back year, especially since he's playing for a contract. But, with that being said if you can trade him and free up some cap space then im all for that. Wheeler is young and is only entering his 3rd year in the league, I wouldn't give up on him just yet, lets wait till the trade deadline