kessel saga finally over!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

kessel saga finally over!

Done deal folks. Kessel to the leafs. for 2 1st rounders (2010.2011) and a 2nd . not sure what year, Burke promptly signs PK to a 5 year 27 mill deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinFanFromDaRock. Show BruinFanFromDaRock's posts

Re: kessel saga finally over!

The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired Boston Bruins forward Phil Kessel on Friday night in exchange for three draft picks and signed him to a five-year contract worth $27 million US, according to a report.

Damien Cox of the Toronto Star reported the NHL deal via Twitter, though it was not immediately clear which draft picks were involved.

(They could have moved MS to free up the money! sad day! He was a Hab Killer!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMB1234. Show JMB1234's posts

A lot of money for a 36 goal scorer who can't play defense.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I have a feeling that they'll move one of those picks for a player that can make an impact this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

My honest opinion,  I wish him well but as a Bruins fan the Leafs need to SUK and therefore I hope he doesn't play well . Sorry Kess we need those draft picks to be worth something.
    Now Chiarelli,  to me right now, it doesn't look like a good one for the Bruins. For now. 
    Were your hands that tied you couldn't get more ?  or is it that Kessel only wanted to go to the Leafs ? 
    5.4 per season for 5 years, no way !

p.s.  Lets not forget we can trade one of those picks if we need reinforcement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fzappa. Show fzappa's posts

Good Luck Kess!!!!!!  Gut your not worth 27 Mil over 5 years

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fzappa. Show fzappa's posts

In Response to Re: kessel saga finally over!:
    [QUOTE]Good Luck Kess!!!!!!  Gut your not worth 27 Mil over 5 years
    Posted by fzappa[/QUOTE]

Im Mean But you are not worth 27 Mil over 5 years.  Sorry tired fingers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]My honest opinion,  I wish him well but as a Bruins fan the Leafs need to SUK and therefore I hope he doesn't play well . Sorry Kess we need those draft picks to be worth something. Now Chiarelli,  to me right now, it doesn't look like a good one for the Bruins. For now.  Were your hands that tied you couldn't get more ?  or is it that Kessel only wanted to go to the Leafs ?  5.4 per season for 5 years, no way ! p.s.  Lets not forget we can trade one of those picks if we need reinforcement.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    good post !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3573084. Show user_3573084's posts

[QUOTE]I'll say this..anyone that buys a Bruin players jersey for $150 is an idiot. They always get traded. I might go look for a Kessel jersey now...I might get one for $25....... 
    Posted by nashville0303[/QUOTE]

You are sooo right! Whenever I buy jerseys or player tshirts, I always go for a guy that has a 99% chance of staying around for a while. I picked up a Ryder shirt last week, and although there's always a chance for anyone to be traded, he's got three more years so I'm all set there, haha.

Good luck Phil, as much as I loved you in a B's uniform, you're not worth 27 mil.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fzappa. Show fzappa's posts

To all Leaf's fans......enjoy Kess but who is going to pass him the puck Jason Allison?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

You never buy current player jerseys...when they retire!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

in the words of the stupidest nhl gm " to trade kess someone will have to knock my socks off", after what i hear they got from toronto , PC will not be walking bare foot anytime sonn.

PC, and bruins mgmt ur losers. neely i worshipped u as a player but u won't last long in mgmt.

what a losing brass- BOSTON BOZOS, u heard it here The laughing stock or should i say socks of the NHL.

HAJHAHA , u also have made hab fans very happy, maybe u work for them , maybe julien is a hab fan and wants to destroy this team.

BOSTON BOZOS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

If they don't use those picks for a trade to get  a player that can help THIS YEAR then the B's just got taken to the cleaners. AGAIN.

Sad, stupid deal for Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

Phil u were worth every penny especially when i see bergie, an 8 goal scorer last yr makin 4.25m and he is a crowd favorite because he dropped the gloves last yr in the playoffs, what loser fans some of these bostonians are.

they pay for heart talentles players, hey i got it , maybe if kess would have gotten a heart transplant then they would have signed him.

PC, JULIEN - the worst i mean the worst , worst then o'connel.

when u both get fired from boston and u will , u will never work in the nhl again.
    u ay have gotten rid of Kess but he will play in NHL for a long time but u bozos
    will beout of nhl permanently

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You know what's rubbing me the wrong way .... I've said this before ,  why the Globe has not sent me a Newsletter by email ???  The Red Sox send down a roster player to Pawtucket , BANG , I get a notice .  The Patriots trade Seymour and yet another email.
    THE BRUINS TRADE KESSEL and this has been a hot topic for over a month, NADA !!!! Not even the Bruins official website for God's sake ! 
    This is sad not the Bruins trading Kessel.

Don't get me wrong , I love the Sox and the Pats but this is not right !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]in the words of the stupidest nhl gm " to trade kess someone will have to knock my socks off", after what i hear they got from toronto , PC will not be walking bare foot anytime sonn. PC, and bruins mgmt ur losers. neely i worshipped u as a player but u won't last long in mgmt. what a losing brass- BOSTON BOZOS, u heard it here The laughing stock or should i say socks of the NHL. HAJHAHA , u also have made hab fans very happy, maybe u work for them , maybe julien is a hab fan and wants to destroy this team. BOSTON BOZOS
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

You know what's worse A DUMB HAB FAN LIKE YOU !  (there are smart ones)
    You moron, your Habs play the Leafs at least 6 times and you know what ....
    Kessel will drill holes through PRICE AGAIN AND AGAIN .hahahah LOSER !
    At least the Bruins have a defence and team defense that can counter Kessel,  who do you have ???
    Before you post your ignorant garbage , here's a thought,  THINK !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3573084. Show user_3573084's posts

[QUOTE]Phil u were worth every penny especially when i see bergie, an 8 goal scorer last yr makin 4.25m and he is a crowd favorite because he dropped the gloves last yr in the playoffs, what loser fans some of these bostonians are. they pay for heart talentles players, hey i got it , maybe if kess would have gotten a heart transplant then they would have signed him. PC, JULIEN - the worst i mean the worst , worst then o'connel. when u both get fired from boston and u will , u will never work in the nhl again. u ay have gotten rid of Kess but he will play in NHL for a long time but u bozos will beout of nhl permanently

Kessel may be in the NHL for a long time, but he's a one-way player. The major difference between Bergeron and Kessel is obviously the scoring ability, but the most important difference is the fact that Bergeron is willing to throw his body around and Kessel is not. Bergeron will always be a fan favorite because he can score, dish the puck, and he is willing to get a little bit physical. Kessel runs away from the physical aspect of the game, and the Bruins can't have that. They need a strong team, and they've still got plenty of players with a scoring touch. Recchi can give you 20, Bergeron can give you 12-15, Morris can add a few, and Sobotka (if he makes the team, of course) can add about 7ish goals. Don't forget about Sturm too.

My overall opinion, the Bruins will certainly be fine without Kessel. Let's see how Kessel does without Savard and the rest of the supporting cast. Besides, if a season ending injury occurs to a major player, the B's now have enough to make a splash at the trade deadline if necessary. I don't love this deal, but I do like it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddle. Show puddle's posts

Same old Bruins   player gets good wants money...hes gone. You win with speed and talent in this league...we just lost a bit of both. The draft picks mean little...if those players are quality ones, they too will be dished off for more "muckers and grinders".....same since 1972

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PianosAreFun. Show PianosAreFun's posts

His goals will missed, but I think the B's will be fine in this season.  Defense and goaltending are more imporatant assets and Kessel, though a great goal scorer, was not the B's whole offense.  They've got more than one line that is a threat to score, even with out Kessel.

So, I look at it this way the B's turned a former 1st round pick into two 1st rounders and a second.  That's a good return.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from blainelacher. Show blainelacher's posts

Not a bad deal for the Bruins - let's see what they do with these picks.  if they hang onto them, it will take several years before we can determine if it was a good deal.  but, if they can trade one of the picks along with a current roster player now, this may turn out to help the bruins now.

i liked Phil as much as anyone else, and it is tough to trade a 21 year old who had 36 goals last year, but the numbers just didn't add up to sign him.  Its too bad the CBA is so bad and teams have to start shelling out big money for 4th year players...makes it difficult to build a team long-term through the draft

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from The2boys. Show The2boys's posts

[QUOTE]Phil u were worth every penny especially when i see bergie, an 8 goal scorer last yr makin 4.25m and he is a crowd favorite because he dropped the gloves last yr in the playoffs, what loser fans some of these bostonians are. they pay for heart talentles players, hey i got it , maybe if kess would have gotten a heart transplant then they would have signed him. PC, JULIEN - the worst i mean the worst , worst then o'connel. when u both get fired from boston and u will , u will never work in the nhl again. u ay have gotten rid of Kess but he will play in NHL for a long time but u bozos will beout of nhl permanently

Wow..Marco...you're pretty opinionated about this subject.  With that being said..Do you like the Patriots, and B.B??  Because he works under a similar salary cap, and he is constantly releasing or trading our favorite players, FOR THE GOOD OF THE TEAM!!  This is exactly what PC did for the Bruins, he got rid of yes a good goal scorer, but we don't yet know exactly what he got in return, other than draft picks...Lets just say..we end up with the next Sydney Crosby, or Marion Hossa...will you still be complaining then??  I don't like the fact the Kessel is gone either, but he was not worth 5.4 mil a season..not yet anyways...I think you just need to relax, and see how this plays out..before you bury, PC and Cam Neely for this trade. I'm pretty certain they know a lot more about hockey than you do. Just my 2 cents...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FF-Nate. Show FF-Nate's posts

OMG marco, you have to be the most brainwashed dummy on here kid, They gave bergie that money before he got hurt, so don't try to compare those two together money wise. paying this guy 5.4 mil a year is absolutely ridiculous, if PC gave him that contract in boston everyone would have ripped him apart for overpaying him, but instead he trades his gold digger sniper away, and takes on no money whatsoever, so next year when we have to sign lucic savard stuart ference morris thornton sobotka wheeler and who ever the heck else we will be able to have a little bit of breathing room rather than putting ourselves right up against the cap  with a 5.4 mil contract.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins0615. Show Bruins0615's posts

[QUOTE]in the words of the stupidest nhl gm " to trade kess someone will have to knock my socks off", after what i hear they got from toronto , PC will not be walking bare foot anytime sonn. PC, and bruins mgmt ur losers. neely i worshipped u as a player but u won't last long in mgmt. what a losing brass- BOSTON BOZOS, u heard it here The laughing stock or should i say socks of the NHL. HAJHAHA , u also have made hab fans very happy, maybe u work for them , maybe julien is a hab fan and wants to destroy this team. BOSTON BOZOS

Yeah...what we got isn't as good I guess when you look at the fact our new Maple Leafs pick will be lower than your awful Habs. You guys won't win any more than 2 games against those Leafs this year....your team is still a mess. The B's will still dominate even without Kessel because we actually have depth, which your lovely GM doesn't know much about.

So what's there to laugh at about this trade if you're a fan that actually knows something about hockey?

Enjoy sucking this season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel saga finally over! : You know what's worse A DUMB HAB FAN LIKE YOU !  (there are smart ones) You moron, your Habs play the Leafs at least 6 times and you know what .... Kessel will drill holes through PRICE AGAIN AND AGAIN .hahahah LOSER ! At least the Bruins have a defence and team defense that can counter Kessel,  who do you have ??? Before you post your ignorant garbage , here's a thought,  THINK !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

the moron is u and that why pathetic mgmt like the bruin ones can get away by trading kess.
    i am believe it or not a bruin fan, but not a fool . i have followed them for many yrs and agreed with tthe garbage they used to ice, but listen finally the we could have won.

u want to cheer for the sake of cheering , agree with the team philosphy, no way,. i am a fan but also a customer, first time in 30 yrs u get that 30 yrs , i finally had hope and PC and big dumbo puppy face julien singlehandely apart destroyed  the team.
    if u cannot see this now u will and beileve me after many yrs of folllowing these bozos u will get bitter.

no excuse kess should have been signed. listen to knowledgeable ouside opinions, not some of these silly bruin fans,

u will see my friend, u will see