Kobasew Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Kobasew Traded

"Only seven games into the 2009-2010 NHL campaign the Boston Bruins have sent forward Chuck Kobasew to the Minnesota Wild. In return the Bruins will receive prospect Alexander Fallstrom and winger Craig Weller, as well as a second round pick in 2011."

Dose anybody know who Fallstrom is?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Re: Kobasew Traded

He was a 2009 4th round pick. He'll be playing for Harvard this season.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/alexander_fallstrom

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Don't worry guys, there are a million Chuck Kobasews out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Let the push for cap space begin...

What was Chuck...2.3 Mil

I sure hope we pull up Marchand

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

This is Brad Marchands big chance. If they bring anyone up, let it be him. Bergeron and Marchand tore it up in pre-season. This kid is ready for the biggs. I've been following him since his Canadian gold medal in juniors. This kid knows how to put the puck in the net and has wheels too. Not to mention he's been in the Providence system for a few seasons now. He knows what he has to do before he even gets there. I also garantee that he is much more than a Chuck Kobasew given the chance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Marchand
    GP G A PTS
    6 6 2   8

The kids putting it in the net

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Thats two 1st Round (Ours, Toronto) and THREE 2nd Round (Our own, Tampa, Minni)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Sorry FOUR 2nd Round (+Tor)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from T00fresh. Show T00fresh's posts

the pick from minny is in 2011

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Wow, I just had mentioned that a trade was coming earlier today and blinked,  it happened. 
    I knew it was going to happen. Another injury and Bruins would be in trouble.
    Marchand and Sobotka up with the big team now that they free up cap space.
    That's the reason for this trade. 2M off the books .
    Lucic also frees up cap space as now placed on LTIR.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Yup....just read it...plus Lucic is on long term IR (at least 10 games and 24 day)

Marchand/Sobotka are both up...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Lot of Marchand love in the air, I like it. Also let's not forget he is from here in Halifax, grew up in the same neighborhood as Crosby and I. Something in the water here....

Lucic is now on LTIR? Wow, thats not good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

ummmm, how does this make room for the lucic signing that doesn't change his cap hit for this year?

this is making room for another player via trade.

Also, I don't know where your getting this "Fallstrom played in the CJ," business, he palyed at SSM unless SSM started playing a full CJ schedule which I haven't heard about

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJSell. Show JJSell's posts

In Response to Re: Kobasew Traded:
    [QUOTE]Alexander Fallstrom - 4th Round (#116) by Minnesota Wild ... . ... He was awarded the top prospect award by the CJHL, fastest skater title in the Canadian Junior Hockey League Prospects ... Craig Weller a career minor leaguer will do nothing for the Bruins. Like the 2nd round pick 3 this year two first rounders not bad Chuck salary dump to make room for Lucic signing!
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

I Looch doesn't start doing something - he will be the next to go

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vanoosten. Show vanoosten's posts

Lucic will be 4-6 weeks. The trade was well done. The cap space hurts and those buy outs made it harder. If those buy outs aren't there, they would have had those guys called up or at one at a time.  It does give you faith in PC with trades too without being stupid.  When the season goes to March you will start to wonder about those 1st round picks and even 2nd rounders. Toronto could come last and I hope they use it to the end.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]ummmm, how does this make room for the lucic signing that doesn't change his cap hit for this year? this is making room for another player via trade. Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

This trade makes room now to bring up players from Prov. and still gives Bruins some flexibility but don't expect a big trade coming.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Lot of Marchand love in the air, I like it. Also let's not forget he is from here in Halifax, grew up in the same neighborhood as Crosby and I. Something in the water here.... Lucic is now on LTIR? Wow, thats not good.
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

I don't see Marchand doing worse than Kobasew.  He's too good to be playing in the AHL.
    6Games 6Goals.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

BsLegion, do you really expect the bruins to make 4 first round picks and 5 second round picks in the next two years?

something will come, and my guess is its around christmas now instead of at the deadline

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]BsLegion, do you really expect the bruins to make 4 first round picks and 5 second round picks in the next two years? something will come, and my guess is its around christmas now instead of at the deadline
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Maybe,  but another salary will need to go.  This trade was more for flexibility on the cap due to injury. I do agree with you that there's a bigger picture yet to be divulged.
    I know those picks are great leverage and all in the Bruins favor but picks do not free up cap space.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

dkrejci46,  even Fluto called it earlier today before the trade.

" The cap troubles preventing the Bruins from carrying extra players. Could have really hurt them yesterday if Guillaume Lefebvre ran into travel issues. Always helps to have hungry players in the press box pushing guys for playing time."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

We've lost about 60+ goals from last year: Kessel's 36, Kobasew's 21 and now some of Lucic's. I know Sturm is going to make up some of that, but we're still down a lot from last year. Hopefully Marchand can score up here, because Fallstrom is a few years away, and the draft picks for Kessel and Kobasew are years away from contributing too. Nice to have all the picks, but somebody has to score this year. We now have about $4M in cap space. I'd love to see the Bruins go after Kovalchuk around Chriistmas. We need a sniper.

If Ference does end up being shipped out, I like Boychuck a lot, I'm fine with him becoming our #6 D-man, but who becomes the 7th D-man? Who's the next D-man down in Providence?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeraldReader08. Show HeraldReader08's posts

Bruins had to give Kobasew away because of Chiarellis cap mis management

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]We've lost about 60+ goals from last year: Kessel's 36, Kobasew's 21 and now some of Lucic's. I know Sturm is going to make up some of that, but we're still down a lot from last year. Hopefully Marchand can score up here, because Fallstrom is a few years away, and the draft picks for Kessel and Kobasew are years away from contributing too. Nice to have all the picks, but somebody has to score this year. We now have about $4M in cap space. I'd love to see the Bruins go after Kovalchuk around Chriistmas. We need a sniper. If Ference does end up being shipped out, I like Boychuck a lot, I'm fine with him becoming our #6 D-man, but who becomes the 7th D-man? Who's the next D-man down in Providence?
    Posted by BruinsFaninOntario[/QUOTE]

Now we're talking .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbfan. Show bigbfan's posts

In Response to Kobasew Traded:
    [QUOTE]"Only seven games into the 2009-2010 NHL campaign the Boston Bruins have sent forward Chuck Kobasew to the Minnesota Wild. In return the Bruins will receive prospect Alexander Fallstrom and winger Craig Weller, as well as a second round pick in 2011." Dose anybody know who Fallstrom is?
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]

ok so now with Kobasew and Kessel gone we need to make up roughly 60 goals from last year, great! Hope there is a bigger plan here by CHIA.