krejci, out.... who,s in???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

krejci, out.... who,s in???

just listening to the wyoming blasting and zoning company (W.B.Z.) and krejci  will not start the season. with the absents of krejci, and the trading of kessel who picks up the slack ?  my picks hamill and marchand........thoughts??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Re: krejci, out.... who,s in???

Krejci is now listed as 50/50 for opening night. In the event that he misses that game, I doubt it really matters all that much who plays the 1, maybe 2 games tops.

Hamill is more skilled than Sobotka and therefore would probably fill in. If not him, it would be this year's spare forward: Vlady Sobotka.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I seriously hope they aren't rushing this kid back to soon. He is far to important to the success of this club to risk a setback if he's not 100%. I'd rather see him miss a couple of weeks, and give some of these young guys a chance to make thier mark. It's a long season-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Positive note Sobotka had a strong game tonite. Looked good,  nice hits and was all over the ice.
    Hamill played okay,  he'll get another chance Saturday in Boston.
    With this being said ,  take your time on bringing Krejci back .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I would give Marchand a chance with the big club...he scored and was clutch in Junior...give the Nova Scotia boy a chance

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

i like sobotka but he seems to tire as the game goes on then seems to start taking stupid peneltys.. i like marchand grit from what i saw in prov. but he to seems to take the odd penelty at bad times. hamill seems more refined and knows his limitations but his build might not stand up to N.H.L. standards  a long shot having watched him last year who is probably worth a look at for a couple of weeks is mikko lentonen and knackstad

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Hamil skated with Wheeler and Ryder tonight, but there were a few players not in the lineup. About 18 mins
    Marchand Sobotka and Lovecchio were a line and from what I seen they were good together. 15 mins
    Other line was Berg Kob and Rec. 19m+ except Recchi 17 mins
    Whitfield was  the 10th forward with less minutes 12 mins.

Def
    Wideman 26 mins                           $3.937M
    Ference almost 24 Mins                  $1.4M
    Fata played big mins 22mins 14 sec  $550 K
    Boychuk 22 Mins                            $500K
    Stuart 20 mins                              $1.3M
    Mcquaid 15 Mins                            $623K incl.100K bonus

Looks like Boychuk and Fata are being put up for the 7th d with quality mins. They may also may be trying out for the 6th if someone is going to be moved for money reasons. Ference and Stuart are both due for new contracts and probably raises, Boychuk and Fata are similar possibly being groomed for replacement. This could be why Boychuk signed low with promise of big league mins, he was AHL def of year and he should have got a deal similar to Penner 1.2M, this would be close to aMil drop in salary.

This weekend should be interesting.

Oh yeah the Habs still blowsuck. TT good game. Bergy scores shootout winner, looks like he is well on his way to return to old form.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeC12. Show JoeC12's posts

In Response to Re: krejci, out.... who,s in???:
    [QUOTE]Krejci is now listed as 50/50 for opening night. In the event that he misses that game, I doubt it really matters all that much who plays the 1, maybe 2 games tops. Hamill is more skilled than Sobotka and therefore would probably fill in. If not him, it would be this year's spare forward: Vlady Sobotka.
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

Sobotka has averaged a point per game over parts of two seasons in PRO, and Hamill is not more "skilled" than he is. The difference is that Sobotka is also physical/flexible enough to play a 4th line role that Hamill cannot. If Julien put Sobotka with talented offensive linemates, he would put up points.

Hamill has come a long way since he returned from a hand injury last year in PRO, but he still needs more time in the AHL, and he needs to ge stronger. My choice to replace DK would be Sobotka, with Marchand being the next guy in line to be called up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: krejci, out.... who,s in???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: krejci, out.... who,s in??? : Sobotka has averaged a point per game over parts of two seasons in PRO, and Hamill is not more "skilled" than he is. The difference is that Sobotka is also physical/flexible enough to play a 4th line role that Hamill cannot. If Julien put Sobotka with talented offensive linemates, he would put up points. Hamill has come a long way since he returned from a hand injury last year in PRO, but he still needs more time in the AHL, and he needs to ge stronger. My choice to replace DK would be Sobotka, with Marchand being the next guy in line to be called up.
    Posted by JoeC12[/QUOTE]

Agreed. What I like about Sobotka is his versatility; he can play the skill game but can also be a fourth-line banger. I like Hamill a lot but he's very young and still developing. He might get a shot later in the season.

And pissttt, there is a great site called dictionary.com - check it out sometime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

I think you'll see Sobotka in there before Hamill. Sobotka has 70+ games with the Bruins over the past two seasons. Even though Sobotka is still a young guy, he has the experience over Hamill.

Honestly, if Krejci is out, I think you'd see Bergeron as the #2 center, followed by Sobotka.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

If Krejci is out only a couple of games, I think they might give Hamill a taste of the big show.  I know Sobotka is more likely to stick long-term, but I feel like he is taking Bitz's spot.  Or did Bitz look better in his last game?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

"Sobotka has averaged a point per game over parts of two seasons in PRO, and Hamill is not more "skilled" than he is. The difference is that Sobotka is also physical/flexible enough to play a 4th line role that Hamill cannot. If Julien put Sobotka with talented offensive linemates, he would put up points.

Hamill has come a long way since he returned from a hand injury last year in PRO, but he still needs more time in the AHL, and he needs to ge stronger. My choice to replace DK would be Sobotka, with Marchand being the next guy in line to be called up."

Sobotka could be the better player, but you are wrong in thinking he is the more skilled player. Hamill as has been reported by basically all of the B's analysts, is the more skilled 1st/2nd line projected player, with Sobotka being a prime 3rd line career grinder. Hamills been slow with his development, and while not as versatile as Sobotka, is a better fit on a scoring line than Sobotka.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pictureguy. Show Pictureguy's posts

For a straight up replacement for DK, I'd go with Hamill to start the season.

It's short term.  DK will be back soon.
    I gives him some experience in the bigs...mgmt gets a good look at him
    and he is a 1st/2nd line center type of player...which is what he is replacing.

Sobotka is more versatile and if there is an opening for a winger or center, he is an easy plug, especially if he is playing like he did in the '08 playoffs (which according to reports he is).  He'd be my choice for a longer term promotion anywhere from 4th to 2nd line.

I really like Marchand (versatile like Sobotka...can play on a skill or grind line), but wouldn't give him a centers job.  If there is a winger opening he'd be my choice after Sobotka.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

SOBOTKA should get the nod,then HAMIL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shandkid. Show shandkid's posts

well it wouldnt be knackstedt acouridning to pc he came into camp in bad shape. as of right now he is wearing the " A" for providence in there pre season games and there 2-0 so far

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulFromSFL. Show PaulFromSFL's posts

Keep the team chemistry that you want for the whole season. Don't mix up all the lines for 5 or 6 games.  Let the lines settle in.  When Krecji is ready just slip him into his regular line.

Lucic - Savard - Sturm
    Ryder - (Sobotka/Hamill) - Wheeler
    Recchi - Bergy - Kobasew
    Bitz - Begin - Thorton