Lucic, a step behind

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Lucic, a step behind

Lucic, a step behind.
    The main goal of a successful G.M. is to pay his players less than their productivy. Not to pay them at the right Price.(All G.M. can do that.)
    This is why Bruins is a winning team.
    Let`s see.

2009-2010  Cap Hit          Next year

Savard     5.000 +         (Must accept a salary decrease, if not ciao )
    Bergeron   4.750 - -       (bad luck,maybe he will come back in health)
    Ryder       4.000 =
    Krejci       3.750 +         (this year the best move of P.C.)
    Sturm      3.500 =
    Wheeler    0.875 + +
    Kobasew   2.333 +
    Recchi      1.000 =
    Begin        0.850 =
    Lucic        0.850 + +      Lucic 4.000 (Next year He will be in negative
                                        zone. A little too overpaid )
    Bitz          0.688 +
    Thorton     0.517 +
    Hunwick     1.450 =
    Ference     1.400 =
    Stuart       1.300 +
    Boychuk     0.500 +

One + (superior production to his salary)
    One - (inferior production to his salary
    One = (equivalent production to his salary)

N.B. Keep in mind, that the GM must negotiate with the salary cap.
         And a player must accept a more modest salary to be part of a winning  team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from francisdufour. Show francisdufour's posts

Re: Lucic, a step behind

I totally agree with your analysis.
    The other reason why the Bruins are successful is that they drafted well recently so were able to bring up youngsters during their 1st contract (& I'm confident this will keep on going with Colborne, Marchand, Caron, Riendeau, Alexandrov & Toronto's top pick the next 2 years...).
    But leave yourself AT LEAST a full year before to say that Lucic is 'a little too overpaid'.  There's a great chance that for the '11-12 & '12-13 seasons, we'll say he's underpaid!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

If you give Bergy a - - for injuries you should probably give it to Sturm too, to be fair. And you could probably give Morris a - as he is a little overpaid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

All opinions are valid.
    But for me, Lucic seems to be more an O`reilly than Neely.  And for Morris, we will see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I like the format of your analysis, and agree with it, for the most part.  My only problem with it is that we are only two games into a season.  It is way too early to say that a player is or is not worth his salary, especially when almost everyone looked horrible in the first game and great in the second.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

I know Mutant, this is why my point of view is based on these 3 principal elements. 
    1- Their production during the last year.
    2 - The current salary cap. 
    3- The future anticipation of their productivity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

how does Recchi not get like 4 or 5 +s

1 million bucks for a 61 point guy last season and all the intangibles?

several +s for krejci

I also think Ference, and Chara deserve a plus

Chara took less money to come here, and hes been nothing but amazing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

and i hate to say it, because I'm a "Jacob's apologist" (eat sh!t trolls) but I wouldn't be surprised if this signing game from above PC

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bizman86. Show bizman86's posts

In Response to Lucic, a step behind:
    [QUOTE]Lucic, a step behind. The main goal of a successful G.M. is to pay his players less than their productivy. Not to pay them at the right Price.

The main goal of a successful GM is to keep valuable players on the team.  I can't imagine the B's without Lucic.  Even if he overpaid by half a million, this is the right guy to do it with.  Ciarelli isn't stupid, he knows what Lucic would command as a RFA.  Who would you take at around 4 mill.  Beauchemin, Spacek, Komisarek or Looch.  Even freagin Chris Versteeg is getting over 3 mill after one season.  Like it or not he has become the face of the franchise.  And I like it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

I`m agree for Recchi. He deserve more. one or two +

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Maybe You`re right  bizman, but if you reread my first post I mentioned that a player must accept less money if he want to play for a winning team.  Toronto is a weak club,  therefore more $$$ available

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

I may be wrong, but I beleive at the time Chara signed a max contract, no discount.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bizman86. Show bizman86's posts

Unfortunately this is the NHL in the salary cap world.  The more you win, it's natural that your players will be coveted by other teams therefore making it difficult to keep all your quality players.  There has to be priorities set.  For the B's it meant keeping Krejci and Lucic but having to let go Kessel for future assets.  It will be a small window of opportunity to win the cup.  Let's hope they get it done. I trust Chia. He seems to be building a solid foundation for players to excel(with the help of Claude).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic, a step behind:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately this is the NHL in the salary cap world.  The more you win, it's natural that your players will be coveted by other teams therefore making it difficult to keep all your quality players.  There has to be priorities set.  For the B's it meant keeping Krejci and Lucic but having to let go Kessel for future assets.  It will be a small window of opportunity to win the cup.  Let's hope they get it done. I trust Chia. He seems to be building a solid foundation for players to excel(with the help of Claude).
    Posted by bizman86[/QUOTE]

Bizman is on the ball here.

The NHL is designed this way on purpose, for each team to have their shot, a small window of opportunity, until the draft picks and youth grow into veterans and command a salary unaffordable by the team. Many teams have had that shot and it passed them by, Bruins in early 90s, Buffalo a few years ago when they dominated, The Sens a few yrs ago when they dominated....

This makes all teams similarly equal in strength and more exciting as a league. There is no, take less money to be on a winning team. That is just foolish, this is a business and they are professionals.