Lucic pounds Chris Neil

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

Lucic pounds Chris Neil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRAs6H2hMHM

WOW!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Re: Lucic pounds Chris Neil

Nice, but I want to see what Neil did to Savard to get Looch in the beating mode.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic pounds Chris Neil:
    [QUOTE]Nice, but I want to see what Neil did to Savard to get Looch in the beating mode.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]
    neil looked like a dog tring to hump  savard
    no wonder he was shakin up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Nice, but I want to see what Neil did to Savard to get Looch in the beating mode.

Neil hit Savvy, its was actually a pretty clean check. It was just Looch saying "please don't hit our star player, especially in the pre-season" although Looch say it with his fists, I like Looch's way better. I like to call these "inmate rules" as opposed to "prison rules".

Lucic really epitomises what a true Bruin should be!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You could say it was a clean hit .  It was borderline late and no need for in a pre-season game. Schoubert also was running players all game long till Fata kept on going after him to drop his gloves . Funny Schoubert disappeared after that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Nice, but I want to see what Neil did to Savard to get Looch in the beating mode. Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

Neil also took a bit of a run at Thomas and Savard happened to be in the way. Good police work by Lucic, Thornton (nice little scrap as well) and Fata took some exception as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAmer233. Show JAmer233's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic pounds Chris Neil : Neil also took a bit of a run at Thomas and Savard happened to be in the way. Good police work by Lucic, Thornton (nice little scrap as well) and Fata took some exception as well.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

TSN has highlights of the preseason games: http://www.tsn.ca/.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from drahcir61. Show drahcir61's posts

The Red Cross would like to thank Chris Neil for his generous donation last night.  I thought the hit on Savard was late & head-high.  Then later he deliberately shoves Savard into Thomas.  I'm sure Thomas wanted a piece of him too.  Lucic is the man, enough is enough.

Schoubert is a wuss ... he runs players all game but then hides when his number is called.  I have no doubt the Bruins will have him on a fight card some time this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

good fight, Lucic got Neil's attention with the cheap shot to the nuts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Neil was running around (beiseds the hit, he also pushed Savvy into Timmy earlier, and was practically swan diving on timmy on the goal Ottawa scored), and he had to expect to answer for it.  BUT, props to Neil for not backing down like the true warrior he is.  Yeah, he got cut, but he never gave up, never fell down and hung in there.  He got stitched up, came back, and had a pretty good game too.

Watching the entire game, the Lucic fight single handedly turned the period around.  The B's didn't even have a shot on goal until after that point.

I'm suprised no one said anything about what Looch did right at the start of the fight.  He brought his stick up HARD right into Neils crotch (ouch) right before they dropped the gloves.  If I was an Ottawa fan, I'd have taken serious issue with that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

[QUOTE]I'm suprised no one said anything about what Looch did right at the start of the fight.  He brought his stick up HARD right into Neils crotch (ouch) right before they dropped the gloves.  If I was an Ottawa fan, I'd have taken serious issue with that.
    Posted by elosias[/QUOTE]

Yeah there's plenty of discussion about that in the youtube comments section it's pretty funny to read for about 5 seconds since it's just all spam monkeys having an internet fight. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I'm all for lucic fighting, but sticking someone in the balls during a face-off is complete bush-league.

It's dirty, its uncalled for, and Lucic should know better.

There is no place for that in hockey.

but aside from that, Lucic obviously let him have it. But Niel's beating was undeserved

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Thanks, I saw the hit on Savard on the TSN website. Don't mess with Savard or you get the wrath of one tough kid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Pfff... bush league?  I think not.  That was the best move ever.  A lot of pros use it.  Especially defensemen in front of their own the net.  Very effective.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Pfff... bush league?  I think not.  That was the best move ever.  A lot of pros use it.  Especially defensemen in front of their own the net.  Very effective.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Trying to prevent a goal and cheap-shotting someone because they are lining up on faceoff are two different things.

Anyone who has played wing in their life will attest to the rage you feel when someone sticks you in the balls on a face-off. it is a 100% cheap shot

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Obviously Looch had to get his attention, Neil just given him a slash before the linesman came over and the puck hadn't even been dropped. Neil got less than what he deserved. He did put up a good battle, he is one toughSOB.

The hit on Savard was not borderline, it was a late hit and also a head shot up against the glass from a tough guy on a star in a preseason. This was sending a message from Ott to B that noone is exempt from their BS as was exemplified by Shebert's tactics. The B's responded in kind and Looch was nice, the B's can't afford to lose Savard and this message needed to be sent, it should have been sent a lot sooner.

Kudos to Fata, great game, making a real push for a lineup change. He is going to get some action against the division, it seems the east is getting tougher. Hunwick has not looked at form from last year yet and he may sit some against tough teams.

Sobotka March + Lovec looking a lot better than Bitz and Begin at this point. Time to shorten the lineup to just a few extra players jockeying for position.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

I've seen Neil do the same.  Yeah, it's dirty, but it was all part of the message being sent.  And Neil's beating was deserved, the outcome of the game hinged on that moment.  You couldn't have asked for a more appropriate bout.  If you disagree, you either A) don't understand hockey or B) didn't watch the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]I've seen Neil do the same.  Yeah, it's dirty, but it was all part of the message being sent.  And Neil's beating was deserved, the outcome of the game hinged on that moment.  You couldn't have asked for a more appropriate bout.  If you disagree, you either A) don't understand hockey or B) didn't watch the game.
    Posted by elosias[/QUOTE]

B
    I didn't watch the game :)

I was judging from the Youtube clip that i saw. I still think there are appropriate ways to retaliate to a finesse player being hit, fighting is certainly one of them. But i just don't think you respond with groin-shots, it is dirty.

If you don't agree with me than you know nothing :)
    If I'm not right, than no one is.
    If you don't like me then you aren't cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It was a love tap, Luc was just asking if he had been testeed for testes cancer and if he had given blood lately. He gave him a quick physical.

If someone is taking libertees, you need to straighten em out, his testes I mean.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]It was a love tap, Luc was just asking if he had been testeed for testes cancer and if he had given blood lately. He gave him a quick physical. If someone is taking libertees, you need to straighten em out, his testes I mean.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

WAYNE GRETZKY IS BETTER THAN BOBBY ORR!!!

Tongue out

jk jk goat, I suppose i over-reacted, but on another note... WHAT A BEATDOWN!! that was hard to watch at the tail end, Neil was pummeled

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Now Molsonic(you need to lay off the booze) don't start that gretzky BS again(lol). We know that Orr would never have quit on the team he has put his stamp on.

Neil was pummelled but he wouldn't say uncle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Yep as far as i am concerned , we watched the same game. he kicked his mother mercy' behind.. or  face should i  say.   I'd like o thanks Luchie  for stopping the slaughter after  20 seconds, it show what  kind of great sensible person he is, or maybe it didn't want to get  HIV  from  a guy  who has  3 teeths left in his mouth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah...I'm not crazy about the cheap shots.  I understand them, but really - Looch doesn't need to groin guys.  On the other hand, I'm a big fan of the rule that the other guy sets to level of cheap, and you live by it.  Neil went for the spear to the abs, and to me, that's red-line special time.

You know it was bad because Pierre Maguire's sounding very very subdued, like he's worried for Chris Neil's safety.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Ya he reminds me os Cam Neely, which is as good as it gets
    Maybe Neely had a better slap shot, but i think they are close in talent

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Believe me, if Lucic had hit Neil as hard as he could with that stick to the groin, they would have been carrying Neil off the ice on a stretcher.