MARCHAND!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

MARCHAND!!

Brad Marchand has the same potential as Seguin in my opinion. But  he's getting no respect from Bruin's coaching. He had a great season with Providence; showing grit and speed, what Boston could use right now. The perfect example of this is last season when "loser" whitfield comes up to play when Krecji gets hurt. Marchand should have came up; and I would bet any money on my "time machine" that Boston would have won against Philly. He deserves the 3rd line at least.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: MARCHAND!!

In Response to MARCHAND!!:
    [QUOTE]Brad Marchand has the same potential as Seguin in my opinion. But  he's getting no respect from Bruin's coaching. He had a great season with Providence; showing grit and speed, what Boston could use right now. The perfect example of this is last season when "loser" whitfield comes up to play when Krecji gets hurt. Marchand should have came up; and I would bet any money on my "time machine" that Boston would have won against Philly. He deserves the 3rd line at least.
    Posted by POWERSURGE[/QUOTE]

He was pretty invisible today in Prague. I don't follow the AHL much anymore (I'm originally from Hershey) but I do know it is very different at the NHL level.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

In Response to Re: MARCHAND!!:

Invisible?? He was on the fourth line, which was the most consistent the whole game ( Thank God Paille wasn't there to ruin that)
    . You should watch the game again. He had the most grit on the boards, and had speed; and seemed to be one of the only few players that showed up to play, including Horton and Rask.
    [QUOTE]In Response to MARCHAND!! : He was pretty invisible today in Prague. I don't follow the AHL much anymore (I'm originally from Hershey) but I do know it is very different at the NHL level.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jordan Caron can hit better, skate better, shoot better, keep control of the puck with a defender draped on him better, go into the corner come out of the corner  with the puck better than Marchand that is why Caron was picked in the first round. Jordan outplayed Marchand all camp long and pre-season games Julien simply doesn't get it.

I watched the game today Marchand's tripping penalty led to a Phoenix powerplay goal that made it 4-0. I will say this about Brad he out hustled Glyder who finished with -2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good Lord.  You can't be serious.  Same potential as Seguin?? No.  Marchand is a decent 4th line player with some NHL potential as a pesky checking line player.  He takes bad penalties (see: today) and needs to develop further still.

Seguin is a far more talented player who happens to be 18 and was playing in his first NHL game today.  You really can't compare these two...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In Response to MARCHAND!!:
    [QUOTE]Brad Marchand has the same potential as Seguin in my opinion. But  he's getting no respect from Bruin's coaching.He had a great season with Providence; showing grit and speed, what Boston could use right now. The perfect example of this is last season when "loser" whitfield comes up to play when Krecji gets hurt. Marchand should have came up; and I would bet any money on my "time machine" that Boston would have won against Philly. He deserves the 3rd line at least.
    Posted by POWERSURGE[/QUOTE]

So I guess making the opening day roster instead of playing in the AHL shows no respect from the Bruins coaching staff.

Let me refresh your memory, he did get a chance with the Bruins last season and in 20 games he had a total of 1 pt, an asst.

Then you go and compare him to "loser" Whitfield, as you say, but guess what?  Whitfield also had the same pt. total as Marchand (1 asst.) but he did it in 16 games. No!  I don't think Whitfield is better than Marchand, but 1pt in 20  games does not earn you 3rd line minutes as you say he deserves.

Having great AHL numbers doesn't make you an NHL player, does the name Brandon Bochenski sound familiar?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

He played with Duds ( Paille, Thornton and Begin) .. not your talented, offensive linemates. Jeez, someone as a short memory reference Whitfield and last season's playoff..  He almost made a difference. I'll bet you anything that IF Marchand would have been brought up, we would be talking about the Boston/Montreal series of last. Marchand would have been the sparkplug to change the play of the Bruins in game 5 and 6.... But didn't happen with full time AHL'er Whitfield....

Look at Marchand's QJHL stats... and AHL stats. Usualy you can see a drop in points/+- when you get to the AHL.....
    He's a speedy and in your face player.  He is small, but not all Bruins players have to be over 200lbs and 6 feet. He has the speed that Boston lacks, escpecialy with Sturm out. He just needs to control his stupid penalties. 
    What I'm getting at in this post is that he needs a better chance to prove himslelf at the NHL level, not as a filler for the 4th line.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just wanted to give some credit to Brad Marchand for his play vs. Ottawa.  He was one of the most consistently effective players on the ice for the Bruins (Caron was consistent too).  He drew the penalty that led to Seguin's goal.  He broke up at least two rushes, made smart plays to clear the zone - and he was dancing around the Ottawa D with the puck.  Couldn't find the twine, but had some great manouevers that willl eventually get him off the Schneid.  I'm guessing he'll do like Krejci and go a long time before that first goal (like, another 10 games) but then he'll get a few in a streak and maybe 7-10 on the year.  He's comfortable in the NHL now.  He's a keeper.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Marchand really needs to score his 1st goal. He has had incredible chances thus far but doesn't seem to have the nhl scoring touch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pretzeller. Show Pretzeller's posts

Yeah I like seeing the good Nova Scotian kid get some love, played a good game tonight, he'll get his first one sooner rather than later. thought he was gonna get it when he took the puck out of the D's feet in the 1st and made a nice move, but he kinda fanned on the backhand and Elliot made a nice save.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Bookboy, I was thinking the same thing tonight. If Marchand could just get that 1st goal, it might loosen the grip on his stick.
    He deserves a better fate than being goalless. He's working his butt off out there, and he is just fun to watch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

He is an asset and belongs on the team.

I for one never seen this coming.