Mark Stuart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Mark Stuart

Considering that the Bruins had traded down from 16 to 21 in the 2003 draft to pick Stuart and let pass by among others Zach Parise and Ryan Getzlaf I was concerned when he had come around slowly as a starter in Boston. I must admit that although he will never be a superstar he has become a solid d-man , he has progressed in leaps and bounds since last season. My question is.How much will we have to fork out for him as his contact expires this year

ps the player the B'S acquired from San Jose in the trade Masi Marjamaki never signed with Boston and the Sharks drafted Steve Bernier at 16

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Re: Mark Stuart

Good question about Stuart's new deal.  Doubt it will be huge because he is not a glamour-guy(point producer).  Wow-i'm starting to sound like Edwards!!!

Love the physical play of Stuart and think he's the most underrated player on team.

CJ recently said he was a 'special player'.  No idea what his $$ value will be but i hope they keep this guy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Nothing wrong with sounding like Edwards, and yes, he is the most underrated guy on the team. Absolutely. Low-key but very present when it counts. I've been stressing this since last season and see that his performance continues to be awesome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCan. Show BruinsCan's posts

Stuart is a true Bruin at heart.  I am pretty confident that both PC and Neely are aware of how important it is to have a guy like Stuart on the team.  

I have read many times that they want the Bruins to be "hard to play against". Stuart is definately a piece of that theme.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

Love Stuie not only his play on the ice but his character off the ice. He has purchased $5,000 worth of tickets for the soldiers for Thursday nights game against Florida. I haven't heard of any other players on the team doing this, Brad Marchand even mentioned this in his chat today and what a great person he is. Stuie is a guy similar to Bergeron who you just wish nothing but the best for.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Yeah I couldn't believe he did that. And it's nice to see people notice things like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

my guess is he signs a 3 year 8 million dollar contract, or somewhere in that area

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

That would be a good deal for the Bruins. He is a nice to have on a third d-man pairing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Its a good thing we have a stong solid defense on the bruins. They deserve a lot of credit this year for keeping us in the games while our offense has been struggleing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

what you see is what you get from stuart game in game out  steady & dependable, then when he joins the play & pops one in from 15 ft out its iceing on the cake....i dont even think hes reached his pinnacle yet & i can see him yrs down the road as a jay mckee,adam foote,craig rivet,jason smith type dman   solid dman,great leader with yrs of dependable steady service

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

8MM$ for 3 years ??? You must be totally out of your mind....Komisarek signed for $5MM in Toronto and he is no way near Stuart ...I would say if he really wants to stay in Boston $11MM for 3 years and that would be a good deal for the Bruins

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Mark Stuart:
    [QUOTE]Considering that the Bruins had traded down from 16 to 21 in the 2003 draft to pick Stuart and let pass by among others Zach Parise and Ryan Getzlaf I was concerned when he had come around slowly as a starter in Boston. I must admit that although he will never be a superstar he has become a solid d-man , he has progressed in leaps and bounds since last season. My question is.How much will we have to fork out for him as his contact expires this year ps the player the B'S acquired from San Jose in the trade Masi Marjamaki never signed with Boston and the Sharks drafted Steve Bernier at 16
    Posted by Bruins6[/QUOTE]

And he is only going to get better!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

LOL @ your avatar Watchtower-- best one I've seen in a long time.