mark stuart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from palealeman. Show palealeman's posts

mark stuart

that fight was a good example of how strong m.s. really is, he threw  jamal around like a rag doll. wish he would drop his gloves more often.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: mark stuart

It's taken a while but I think this guy is proving to be an invaluable component of Bruins D.. really has taken a while but quietly he has become a pretty good defenseman in Boston.... and tough as nails as well , but we need him on the ice instead of 5 minutes in the sin bin.. Tough doesn't mean you have to back it with fists.. Hard to play against is more effective..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stuart is showing teams he is not to be messed with and he will stand up to anyone at anytime. Mark doesn't need to be a huge point producer because he a stay at home Defenseman. Once he gets more confidence in his one timer, like last night, he'll then add points to his resume.

He's a keeper and PC should not let Stuart hit the open market this summer as an RFA extend him now!
    I agree with managing his fights the Bs need him on the ice although watching him charge out of the box to fight again reminded me of a Mr. Terry O'reilly!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He was great last night.

Stop with that stupid cliche - hard to play against- so is the figure skater doing figure 8's at centre ice.

Let him fight tis awesome that someone actually can and will. Thor has to step up and fight more & go after Corr when he is running our players like he has the past 2 games.

Pail was put forward to protect Wheeler, see him push back Corr.LOL

D played great for 2 and then fell apart, My 9 year old could have played goals the first 2 periods Rask had an easy go to start, then was sort of hung out.

Stuart can easily become a fan fave, as can Boych.

Last night and previous game, proved, to score- shoot the puck. The D scored 2 big ones off of faceoff wins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

In some of the worst games of the season so far, I've noticed that Stuart is one of the few guys on the ice working really hard and playing well. I'm glad he got to fight a couple of times as of late (provided that he wasn't injured at all) because suddenly he's getting noitced. And he deserves a little recognition.
    Respect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Mark Stuart is a true Bruin. Tough and likely to make the easiest smartest play each time. There's a guy Boston will lose because of cap issues unless he takes a discount when he is a UFA in 2010. Which I fully expect he wont, he could be a top line defensive pairing on a lot of NHL team blue lines.

He will be a casualty the team wishes they could retain...just like Seabrook or Barker or Sopel will be in Chicago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Stuart is a RFA next summer making 105m this year. Im thinking a raise to 2.5 for the next 3 yrs will be offered..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Unfortunately he is getting recognition because of that beatdown on the Leaf guy. I have been saying since last year, that he is the most consistent Bruin. Very few mistakes, makes a couple solid hits each game and covers his D partners butt.

I think he is the 2nd best d-man on the team, behind 7.5M Chara, but not as far behind as his salary indicates. He doesn't get as many points, but what if he played on the PP EVERY game. He would have a lot more.

Ference is the worse, followed by Wideman.

The D should be Chara, Morris, Stuart,Boychuck, Hunwick and Widman. In no particular order.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Stuart has been one of my fave Bruins for a while now. When I debate all the Devils fans at work, I always describe him as consistent and reliable and underestimated. It is rare that you will catch him out of position. He is strong and he makes good decisions. He even has a decent shot (at least he puts his shots on net and generally gets them through traffic unlike Ference or Wideman who might shoot harder but not as accurate.) He is our best defenseman so far this year and deserved more recognition last year. I agree we should sign him now to a 3, 4 or 5 year deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

I too have been insisting he's the most consistent Bruin for some time now. You can almost take for granted that those who disagree aren't really watching the games.

I'm open-minded but I'd have to see something pretty concrete to convince me this guy isn't smokin'.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: mark stuart:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately he is getting recognition because of that beatdown on the Leaf guy. I have been saying since last year, that he is the most consistent Bruin. Very few mistakes, makes a couple solid hits each game and covers his D partners butt. I think he is the 2nd best d-man on the team, behind 7.5M Chara, but not as far behind as his salary indicates. He doesn't get as many points, but what if he played on the PP EVERY game. He would have a lot more. Ference is the worse, followed by Wideman. The D should be Chara, Morris, Stuart,Boychuck, Hunwick and Widman. In no particular order.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

I remember that season we lost every game to the Habs , Stuart droppng his gloves a couple times . I remember saying , well we lose but one thing for sure Stu can fight !
    This guy had a major injury before coming to the Bruins .  He was a  fast , puck moving D and was on the Team U.S.A'S Junior team that beat Canada for the "Gold". Fleury (Pens) being Canada's goalie.
    He might not be as fast as he was but he's there!  He's a Bruin and Chiarelli will sign him,  he wants to be in Boston, HELL YA !
    His D partner has been Boychuk, I really like what this guy brings and I think he and Stu could become  the hardest tandem on D with the Bruins,  physically.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

What are you guys talking about "managing his fights"? We're like 32 games in and he has 2 majors. What'd he have last year? 4? Breathe easy, fellas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: mark stuart:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: mark stuart : I remember that season we lost every game to the Habs , Stuart droppng his gloves a couple times . I remember saying , well we lose but one thing for sure Stu can fight ! This guy had a major injury before coming to the Bruins .  He was a  fast , puck moving D and was on the Team U.S.A'S Junior team that beat Canada for the "Gold". Fleury (Pens) being Canada's goalie. He might not be as fast as he was but he's there!  He's a Bruin and Chiarelli will sign him,  he wants to be in Boston, HELL YA ! His D partner has been Boychuk, I really like what this guy brings and I think he and Stu could become  the hardest tandem on D with the Bruins,  physically.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

An absolute exclamation!  He was and is a leader by example!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Stu is a true Bruin, very solid & physical. I hope we can keep him here for a while, PC ought to take care of that. I would forsee a pretty cap friendly number too. 

I also can't go to many post here without mentioning Boychuck too. So solid, physical had a great shot and does not hesitate to use it too. I don't want this kid to leave, be it AHL or to another team.