Mike Browns Hit on Jiri Hudler Ouch!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mike Browns Hit on Jiri Hudler Ouch!!!

The Ducks vs. Wings series started with a vicious hit! That will defenitly get a suspension. Hats off to Hudler he got up and skated to the bench!

Wow that was a collision! a Bloddy mess. This series has just gotten much more intense! Not that it needed it either. When NESN or Versus shows the highlights get ready to cringe!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Mike Browns Hit on Jiri Hudler Ouch!!!

Like a true hockey player -- Hoods takes 10 or so stitches and comes back to play. Interesting post game interview with Carlyle "The game allows hitting, kept the elbow down, Hudler was admiring his pass, clean hit" followed by complaints about his goalie getting hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE] followed by complaints about his goalie getting hit.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

Yes, all I saw when I switched over were Red WIngs all over the crease on top of Hiller.  That's how they play and smart by coach ti bring it up . Maybe they'll get soem calls next ga,e
    On Canes 1st goal they ran over Thomas and the refs called it,  right!
    When the WIngs ran over Hiller on one their goals ,  there was no call, BS !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Carlyle "The game allows hitting, kept the elbow down, Hudler was admiring his pass, clean hit" followed by complaints about his goalie getting hit.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

Carlyle also mentioned that not 1 second went off the clock from the time da puck left Hudlers stick to the time of the hit. The NHL won't look at that or see that fact. They'll just see the blood and think "oh no! our advertisers won't by commercial time!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Carlyle also mentioned that not 1 second went off the clock from the time da puck left Hudlers stick to the time of the hit. The NHL won't look at that or see that fact. They'll just see the blood and think "oh no! our advertisers won't by commercial time!"
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Pretty sad, but likely true.

Yet these same advertisers are not afraid to buy commercial time for shows that have actors gunned down by criminals and terrortists, or wrestling where people get whacked over the head with a break-away chair.

I guess as long as it's fake violence , it's O.K. , but the people they are trying to shield from this stuff (little kids), can't tell the difference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleedGold. Show BleedGold's posts

Wow, I missed it so I just dug it up on YouTube.

For anyone else that missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggPrBFNqaDY

I have to say though, I don't think the hit was as dirty as the annoucers were making it out to be... he had his had down, and a second after he makes the pass gets hit cleanly with the shoulder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

The more I watch the hit the more I wonder why Brown was even penalized.  Was it a penalty for hitting a Red Wing or a penalty for hitting too hard?  This is just another example of the panisification of hockey.  Betman says he does not want to take hitting out of hockey it that is the case the ref that called that penalty should not work again this Playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Wasn't anything dirty about that hit.

Of course, the blood is what is making it seem so dastardly.

Bergeron didn't bleed, but his concussion was a scarier injury than the cut to Hudler face.

People over-react to stuff like this. But isn't this the kind of stuff the people who are pushing HDTV want you to see?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from viscount3535. Show viscount3535's posts

I watched this hit about 10 times trying to see how Hudler even got cut. The best guess I have is that his helmet cut him at impact.

I agree that it should not have even got 5 minutes, let alone a game misconduct...maybe interference, nothing else.

Does anyone remember Scott Stevens (NJDevils)? He made brutal, but clean hits like this regularly. I wonder what that whiny Detroit coach would say about old Scott. I hated Stevens, since I lived outside Philly and followed the Flyers as a peewee, but he was the best in his day at finding guys skating with their heads down (or "admiring their passes").

I especially loved that comment by Carlyle that Hudler had his head turned admiring his pass. If you watch the replay, that's exactly what it looks like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyetye291. Show eyetye291's posts

Pretty devastating open ice hit.....but check out this vintage Bruin hit...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ozk7p770nQ