More TT rumblings......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

More TT rumblings......

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Trades/2010/06/19/14447936.html

Would be great if they can unload this hefty Cap hit....

BBB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: More TT rumblings......

i'll believe it only when it happens....  35 and holding 5 mil. contract for each of next three years not to mention he might miss start of next season....  i'm not holding my breath....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Thats where PC screwed up. I dont think TT's cap hit is the problem. the problem is the # of years. If I were PC i would have given him 2 years 10-12 million. This is the reason teams are hesitant on TT, Gm's are saying to themselves- ok lets say TT doesnt work out after we trade for him, at least his contract will be up."
    GMs dont want to risk TT because if he fails they are still stuck with him for 2 more years. What was PC thinking. He had his goalie of the future waiting, you dont extend a 35 year old goalie who had a few good seasons to a 4 year deal. Did he really think it was going to take rask 4 years to win the starting job. It took him half a season. That is by far the biggest problem with TTs contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: More TT rumblings......:
    i'll believe it only when it happens....  35 and holding 5 mil. contract for each of next three years not to mention he might miss start of next season....  i'm not holding my breath....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

He's 36.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: More TT rumblings...... : He's 36.
    Posted by Raskman

that ain't gonna help....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: More TT rumblings...... : He's 36.
    Posted by Raskman

And will be 37 during the playoffs next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

If that artical is correct, then why doesn't Chiarelli forget this Nathan Horton nonsense, and trade TT & 2 2nd's for Semin?
    It might be too tight to the cap, unless a cheap backup goalie was brought in,
    or Wideman could somehow be moved.
       If Tampa Bay doesn't like Mike Smith as their goalie, then the bruins could trade TT for him + either, St Louis, or Malone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-of-Smeg. Show Bruins-of-Smeg's posts

I still don't believe TT is going anywhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

If that artical is correct, then why doesn't Chiarelli forget this Nathan Horton nonsense, and trade TT & 2 2nd's for Semin? It might be too tight to the cap, unless a cheap backup goalie was brought in, or Wideman could somehow be moved.    If Tampa Bay doesn't like Mike Smith as their goalie, then the bruins could trade TT for him + either, St Louis, or Malone.
    Posted by biggskye

Thomas, Wideman, 15 for Semin. So instead of 2 prospects they get 2 NHL guys. WIdeman will be worth it for the playoffs and Thomas is better than Varlamov. I doubt they would take it, but PC should at least offer it and see what happens. Now by making this deal, PC frees up a decent amout of cap space. The Bruins could then sign Recchi, Wheeler, Boychuck, Stuart, Seguin/Hall, and a cheap backup goalie. This may not be the most realistic proposal, but it's worth a shot at offering. And with that, our lines may look like this:

Lucic-Savard-Semin

Seguin/Hall-Bergeron-Recchi

Ryder-Krejci-Wheeler

Thornton-Sobotka-Marchand

Chara-Seidenberg

Boychuck-Stuart

Hunwick-Ference

Rask                                                                                                                                                                         Cheap Backup (Auld/Biron?)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

It will be hard to move Thomas because of his contract & because of his hip injury. The Caps aren't going to trade Semin for Thomas or Wideman. Why would they add a goalie with 3 years left on his contract when they have very good young goaltending? Doesn't make much sense.

The Bruins need to trade a defenseman. They have about $10 million committed to Wideman, Ference & Seidenberg. Seidenberg isn't going anywhere. So they need to move one of the other 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

Lenght of contract was my problem w/ TT's as well.  That was a huge mistake. They behaved as if they couldn't gamble on Rask, when there was nothing to indicate he wasn't the real deal. He was a highly touted prospect who improved at every level and showed every indication that he would be at the very least, a good solid solid goalie. In the salary cap era, u have to take risks and considering the system they play, it would have been a perfect time to put that money elsewhere. Now we r strapped. Furthermore, history has shown time and time again, that goalies begin breaking down at 33-36! I really have zero confidence in PC cap mgmt skills. He seems overmatched by agents.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

It will be hard to move Thomas because of his contract & because of his hip injury. The Caps aren't going to trade Semin for Thomas or Wideman. Why would they add a goalie with 3 years left on his contract when they have very good young goaltending? Doesn't make much sense. The Bruins need to trade a defenseman. They have about $10 million committed to Wideman, Ference & Seidenberg. Seidenberg isn't going anywhere. So they need to move one of the other 2.
    Posted by lordy4

Because Theodore isn't doing much to help these days and Varlamov isn't very good in the playoffs. Thomas, you might say, wasn't good either. But with that team he might seriously improve them. I said it was highly unlikely, but it's worth a shot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I'd be surprised to see TT move this off season.  I think PC will try to make a deal, but I think the Trade Deadline is a more likely time to see him move. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: More TT rumblings...... : And will be 37 during the playoffs next season.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

and 38 the following year...not so sure after that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Thats where PC screwed up. I dont think TT's cap hit is the problem. the problem is the # of years. If I were PC i would have given him 2 years 10-12 million. This is the reason teams are hesitant on TT, Gm's are saying to themselves- ok lets say TT doesnt work out after we trade for him, at least his contract will be up." GMs dont want to risk TT because if he fails they are still stuck with him for 2 more years. What was PC thinking. He had his goalie of the future waiting, you dont extend a 35 year old goalie who had a few good seasons to a 4 year deal. Did he really think it was going to take rask 4 years to win the starting job. It took him half a season. That is by far the biggest problem with TTs contract.
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

I agree with you totally. A 2 year deal would have been sufficient. Why Chia agreed to a 4 yr deal for an aging Thomas while Rask was still in the pipeline is a mystery to me. Made no sense at the time & makes less sense now. If the Bs can deal THomas I will be pleasently surprised.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

I think the only way TT gets moved is if a big money contract is coming back to the B's.....unfortunately...

BBB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Couple of replies:

1.  If you think Kessel was frustrating with his soft play and inconsistent effort, you have no interest in Semin.  He's worse.

2.  I'm going to guess that the B's would have loved to get Thomas to sign a two year deal, but Thomas wouldn't have gone for it.  Thomas spent his whole career making very little as a goaltender in the NHL.  At his age, he was looking at his last contract.   To keep the cap hit down, they added an extra year or two.  (edited due to incorrect data)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thanks NAS, that saves me typing #2 for about the 20th time.  But remember Thomas didn't have a trophy under his arm when he signed - he was just the clear favorite at the time.  Not that that changes the argument.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thanks NAS, that saves me typing #2 for about the 20th time.  But remember Thomas didn't have a trophy under his arm when he signed - he was just the clear favorite at the time.  Not that that changes the argument.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Got the dates wrong, so I had to remove a bit of that, but it still rings true.