My Bruins offseason preference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

My Bruins offseason preference

Resign:

Mark Stuart to 4 year deal worth 8 million (2 mill per season)

Boychuk to a 3 year deal worth 6 million (2 mill per season)

Seidenburg to a 2 year deal worth 5 million (2.5 mill per season)

Steve Begin to a 1 year deal worth 0.750 million

Mark Recchi to a 1 year deal worth 1 million

Trade:

Tim Thomas to Tampa Bay for Steve Downie and 3rd Round Pick

Dennis Wideman to San Jose for Ryan Clowe

Michael Ryder to San Jose for a 4th Round Pick

15th overall pick, 32nd overall pick and Blake Wheeler to Florida for 3rd pick

Sign (from Free Agency):

Raffi Torres to a 2 year deal worth 3 million (1.5 mill per season)

Alexander Auld to a 1 year deal worth 0.5 million

NHL 2010 Draft:

2nd Overall: Taylor Hall

3rd Overall: Cam Fowler

Hall-Savard-Lucic
    Sturm-Krejci-Downie
    Torres-Bergeron-Recchi
    Begin-Hamill-Marchand

Chara-Boychuk
    Stuart-Seidenburg
    Hunwick-Bodnarchuk

Rask
    Auld

What do you guys think? Comment!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Re: My Bruins offseason preference

Don't forget to sign Shawn Thornton!  Lane MacDermid is not ready yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

NEWENGLANDSPORTS, there are many things wrong/problematic about your scenarios.

1. Although boychuk has been good, you are overpaying him
    2. Seidenberg will ask for more than that, we cant afford him
    3. begin is useless and can easily be replaced
    4. Recchi wont and shouldnt come back. The b's need youth and speed
    5. Doug wilson(sharks GM) will not part with a good power forward like clowe for wideman straight up
    6. San Jose is pretty close to the cap. Ryder will not go over there without some salary coming back to boston
    7. Torres is a bust. He didnt score ONE goal with buffalo. He got an assist every once in a while, but from the trade deadline to bruins sabres game 6- ZERO goals
    8. Hypothically, in the event rask goes down with an injury for about 2-4 weeks, are you completely certain auld can handle that load. I think not. We would need a better backup
    9. Realistically, you cant expect a rookie to start out playing first line and be a difference maker. Hall will start off with bergeron or krejci
    10. You made the trade for ryane clowe yet you make him a healthy scratch???
    11. Sturm will be on LTIR for a good part of the year
    12. Your putting Bodnarchuk into the lineup over Ference and Mcquaid

All that being said, thank goodness your not the bruins GM

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I wouldn't want that rat Downie on my team for anything. The guy's got serious mental problems.

Let Begin go. Sobotka can do his job better for a cheaper price.

Raffi Torres didn't score for the Sabres in the playoffs and ended up a healthy scratch. There's a reason why the Bruins didn't trade for him. Woof.

Why would Florida trade the third pick?

If you want to make trades of any significance, you have to trade someone of  value. David Krejci, Patrice Bergeron, Tuukka Rask, Milan Lucic - THOSE are the players GMs want, not Blake Wheeler or Michael Ryder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: My Bruins offseason preference:
    Don't forget to sign Shawn Thornton!  Lane MacDermid is not ready yet.
    Posted by LB34

I was going to suggest that too.  Thornton's needed on the fourth line to counter the fighters during the regular seasom.  The lineup suggested would be nice for a long playoff run but there's 82 games beforehand which require an enforcer of some strength and might - Thornton has proved he's worthy and I expect he's a veteran voice in the locker room.

In my opinion, don't pay Boychuk as much as Stuart.  Boychuk will be a second-year man and Stuart is our captain in the making.

Throw Hamill in with Wideman for Clowe, or in the Thomas deal - perhaps pick up a higher round pick or, in the least move an underperforming defenceman and a $5M contract burden?  Move Begin between Thornton and Marchand - with Colborne waiting in the wings, and probably getting Seguin with the #2 pick, we're very strong down the middle and Hamill becomes expendable and potentially desirable to any team needing centers.

Great thoughts NEWENGLANDSPORTS - thanks for the uplifting message following the weekend.

Cheers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Yeah, THN had a feature on Downie and Stamkos, and how they've become really close friends. Stamkos has helped him calm down and turn him into a responsible player. Also, Downie is apparently a very good person off the ice, and has had, as mentioned, terrible tragedy in his life. He's growing up now and understanding what it takes to be successful in the league. No way Tampa lets him go now. He'll be riding shotgun with Stamkos for years to come. The kid can play, and he'll act as an enforcer if anyone touches Stamkos. Better to have to tame a stallion than teach a mule to run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to My Bruins offseason preference:
    Resign: Mark Stuart to 4 year deal worth 8 million (2 mill per season) Boychuk to a 3 year deal worth 6 million (2 mill per season) Seidenburg to a 2 year deal worth 5 million (2.5 mill per season) Steve Begin to a 1 year deal worth 0.750 million Mark Recchi to a 1 year deal worth 1 million Trade: Tim Thomas to Tampa Bay for Steve Downie and 3rd Round Pick Dennis Wideman to San Jose for Ryan Clowe Michael Ryder to San Jose for a 4th Round Pick 15th overall pick, 32nd overall pick and Blake Wheeler to Florida for 3rd pick Sign (from Free Agency): Raffi Torres to a 2 year deal worth 3 million (1.5 mill per season) Alexander Auld to a 1 year deal worth 0.5 million NHL 2010 Draft: 2nd Overall: Taylor Hall 3rd Overall: Cam Fowler Hall-Savard-Lucic Sturm-Krejci-Downie Torres-Bergeron-Recchi Begin-Hamill-Marchand Chara-Boychuk Stuart-Seidenburg Hunwick-Bodnarchuk Rask Auld What do you guys think? Comment!
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

what about ference?  that's a lot of money being spent on what i assume is your #7 defenceman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I know all about Downie, and I still wouldn't touch him. But it's a moot point - they're not going to trade him, and Tim Thomas sure as hell isn't waiving his NTC to go to Tampa, of all places.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

I'd love to see the Bruins go after Ray Whitney, or of course, KOVIE but I know it isn't realistic unless Thomas and Ryder and Wideman are all traded for picks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Oh ya, and sign Chara to a 7 year extension worth 52 million or so (about 7.4 per season)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

San Jose is right at the cap now, and they owe raises to Marleau and Nabokov among others, I really think we should take a look at Devin Setoguchi-solid 25-30 goal scorer and has a good +/-

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

TT for Downie ??? Nah . Besides Sobotka that can get under the skins

Florida will never trade their 3rd round pick now that they got Tallon as GM. Remember this guy built the BlackHawks from draft picks to the team they are now. 
    What I can see maybe are the Bruins making a trade with Panthers now that Tallon is GM.  He's been in talks and made trades with Chiarelli already.
    Maybe this time around PC gets the better end ?
    Recchi,  I would give him a contract plus an option to remain in organization.  Well deserved.  I bet next season many will repeat that he's washed up Not from me this time around. He deserves respect. 
    The rest I'm not good at playing GM.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to My Bruins offseason preference:
    Resign: Mark Stuart to 4 year deal worth 8 million (2 mill per season) Boychuk to a 3 year deal worth 6 million (2 mill per season) Seidenburg to a 2 year deal worth 5 million (2.5 mill per season) Steve Begin to a 1 year deal worth 0.750 million Mark Recchi to a 1 year deal worth 1 million Trade: Tim Thomas to Tampa Bay for Steve Downie and 3rd Round Pick Dennis Wideman to San Jose for Ryan Clowe Michael Ryder to San Jose for a 4th Round Pick 15th overall pick, 32nd overall pick and Blake Wheeler to Florida for 3rd pick Sign (from Free Agency): Raffi Torres to a 2 year deal worth 3 million (1.5 mill per season) Alexander Auld to a 1 year deal worth 0.5 million NHL 2010 Draft: 2nd Overall: Taylor Hall 3rd Overall: Cam Fowler Hall-Savard-Lucic Sturm-Krejci-Downie Torres-Bergeron-Recchi Begin-Hamill-Marchand Chara-Boychuk Stuart-Seidenburg Hunwick-Bodnarchuk Rask Auld What do you guys think? Comment!
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

Not a huge Begin fan, but I like a lot of your ideas.

Just one question- you trade Wideman for Clowe; where is Clowe on your lines?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

In Response to Re: My Bruins offseason preference:
    In Response to My Bruins offseason preference : Not a huge Begin fan, but I like a lot of your ideas. Just one question- you trade Wideman for Clowe; where is Clowe on your lines?
    Posted by stingerjp

Thanks for the comment. Clowe to me, would compete for time. Thats just one potential starting lineup.