My dream lineup for 2010-2011.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

My dream lineup for 2010-2011.....

B. Ryan-Savard-Bergeron
    Lucic-Krejci-Hall
    Caron-Colborne-Recchi
    Paille-Sobotka-Marchand

The Ducks may find themselves in a similar situation next year that the Hawks are going through this year cap-wise. Can't keep Ryan, Perry and Getlzaf, all who will eventually make $6mill+ while maintaining a competitive team together.

The Bruins can entertain a trade scenario concerning player rights. Most notably, Wheeler and Stuart in a possible exchange to the rights of Ryan without the controversial offer-sheet.

An impending trade of Thomas may be the key to such deal where as Ryan would demand Kessel-type dollars for a new long term deal. Maybe obtaining a solid two-way defensemen may offset the lost of Stuart through a Thomas trade. However, i believe Kampfer may get a strong look at training camp.

Snatching Hall at the draft woud be icing on the cake for many Bruins fans. you will have two pure dynamic lines that would be able to score at will. Both Ryan and Hall have similar makeups. Both are fast, strong, and crash the net with authority.

It's going to be an interesting summer. Although this may be a pipe-dream, mathematically it can work.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Re: My dream lineup for 2010-2011.....

I'll tell you what my dream line up would be:

Crosby Nash Staal (eric)
    Ryan Krejci Hall
    Stamkos Malkin Ovechkin
    Kesler Richards Perry

PC needs to get this done NOW!  pull out all the stops, and we will be unstoppable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i actually like that trade & with a draft pick from the b,s, really think it could get done....dont get me wrong i like wheeler & stuart but ryan would bring a bona-fide top line winger....think id rather see lucic-savard-ryan   hall-krecji-sauve  colbourn-bergeron-caron  paille-sobotka-marchand ballpark cap=27-28  nice within reason line-up of course barring thomas,s & ryder contracts get traded     defense of chara-boychuk  seidenberg-wideman  ference-hunwick  ballpark cap=23-24   rask & backup cap=3 mill  total 53 mill! ahhhh only to live the dream

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky. Show eyeinthesky's posts

I also wouldn't mind seeing Ryan in Black and Gold, but I don't see it happening.  If it did for Wheeler and Stuart and maybe a pick then maybe... I'm still unsure about bergy on the wing, he makes so much sense with recchi.  gotta integrate these 1st round picks!

Ryan      Savard       Bergeron
    Lucic      Krejci        Seguin
    Sturm     Sabotka     Recchi
    Shelley   Colbourne   Caron

Chara       Seidenberg
    Boychuk   Wideman
    Ference    Hunwick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

bergerons defensive game is to good to put him on the wing & specially if JC,s still the coach,no way thats happening....honestly i think bergeron could contend for the selke award if the bruins were to finish somewhere at the top of the standings...hes just to sound defensively to put him at wing....agree on integrating the picks & would love to see the speed of sauve specially with krecji,s game....to many talented forwards on this team for enforcers to be there,would love to see a mean,dont take no c**p dman on that 3rd pairing....1 thats not afraid to go in the offensive zone,protect teammates,knowing oh well the draw will be outside the zone,big deal

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Hey eyeinthesky, I don't think Colbourne will be NHL ready next year, but although it is unlikely, I would want Ryan on the team also.  You would have to move either Thomas, Ryder, or Wideman along with a Wheeler or Stuart because Ryan will cost 5.2-5.4 mill.  I am sure they will be looking to Kessel's deal as an example.  With that in mind, here is my shot at the (OPENING DAY) lineup:

Lucic Savard Ryan
    Caron Krejci Ryder
    Seguin Bergeron Recchi
    Paille Marchand Thornton

Chara Seidenberg
    Wideman Boychuk
    Stuart Ference

trade for Ryan: Hunwick (=third round pick), Boston's 1st round pick and toronto's 1st round pick next year.  The RFA compenstation for a guy like Ryan to be signed between 4.5 and 6 million is a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick.  If something else needs to be added, I'd say the rights to Boychuk or Stuart.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Lucic  Savard  Ryan
    Hall/Seguin  Krejci  Sauve
    Caron  Bergeron  Recchi
    Parros  sobotka/Begin  Paille

Chara Boychuck
    Wideman Seidenberg
    Stuart Ference

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

All of those dreams are no more than a puff of smoke, so let's try this lineup  Caron/Savvy/ Sauve; then Lucic/Kreji/Seguin; then leftwing/Bergie/Recchi; then Marchand/Sabotka/Thornton. This moves out Ryder,Satan,Begin,Paille and then trade Wheeler,Hunwick,Ference. Defense would be Chara/Seidenberg;Wideman/Mcquaid;Stuart/Boychuck.Tuuka and Timmy in goal. This means Pick Seguin and have Licic protect both Kreji and Seguin; Caron adds toughness to Savard, and Sauve adds speed/gpals; The 4th line would be a buzzsaw, and Wheeler/Hunwick/Ference for a left wing on Bergie's line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmanonthird. Show gmanonthird's posts

lucic-savard-ignila
    sturm-krejci-hall
    recchi-bergeron-sobotka
    some combo of (marchand, colborne, caron, sauve, affordable veterans)

chara-seidenberg
    boychuk-stuart
    hunwick-ference

thomas
    rask

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am all about getting Ryan as well...I would be shocked if a pkg of Wheeler and Stuart got it done unless we threw our own draft picks for this year and next...Hall is basically a kid still and has 40 goal potential each year...

In order to get Ryan we would need to unload a contract or 2...

I like the idea of adding Asham for the 3rd line.  And I want Willie Mitchell on the backend.  He is a better version of Aaron Ward and is an absolute warrior shut down guy.  You can play Boychuck and Wideman with Chara and Willie. 

I could see the Bruins letting a guy like Ryder go by releasing him...sure he costs some coin but when in rome...we need to free dollars and Ryder isnt on our top 3 lines...which are now
    Savy/Ryan/Lucic
    Krejci/Bergie/Sturm
    Seguin/Recchi/Asham(muscle and veteran for the kid)
    Marchand/Sobotka/Thorton(4th line can be young and cheap.)

Top 4 Def
    Chara/Boychuk
    Wideman/Mitchell
    McQuad/Fererence

Gone(one way or another)- Satan/Ryder/TT/Begin

Line one is power and skill/Line 2 is speed and can be a shut down line/Line 3 is Youth-Vet-Muscle/Line 4 is energy

Our def pairings can add offense and the top 2 pairings can be used as a shut down pairing(wideman will bounce back with Willie as his savior). 

We find a cheap vet backup goalie and we play hockey...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I would first dangle some other pieces before shipping out Stuart. He is a solid player who brings a lot of character to the lineup. 

Character is something that is really hard to scout and to value, but the reason a Mike Richards is so valuable is because he has a lot of character. Stuart will never be a number 1 d-man but he is a player who is invaluable in tough situations.

I would HATE to trade him. Having said that, if we could get B. Ryan, then maybe I would. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dc-bruins.

I think a lot on here forget to be the GM on the other side...if we gave them our 1st rounders for the next 2 yrs we still have Torontos...we give them Wheeler who should round out in the 20-25 goal range and Stuart who like you said can be a top 4 dman at some point...
    We land Ryan who is a young power fwd similar to Rick Nash...and along with Seguin makes this group a lot younger and provides goals...

I love Ryan...and since this is a dream lineup with some reality I like this deal

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Ok, so I have two proposals.  With Seidenberg looking like a done deal, it's safe to say that since PC blew it with the Ference contract, we can keep either Boychuck OR Stuart.  If we get Ryan, Stuart is Gone, if we get Iginla, Boychuck is gone.

For Ryan (5.5m)
    Stuart
    Wheeler
    BOS 1st (2010)
    BOS 1st (2011)
    TOR 2nd (2011)

For Iginla (7m)
    Boychuck
    Wheeler
    BOS 1st (2011)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

So, your looking at a lineup like this:

Lucic-Savard-Ryan/Iginla
    Hall-Krecji-Recchi
    Suave-Bergeron-Caron
    Paille-Sobotka-Thornton

Chara-Seidenburg
    Boychuck/Stuart-Wideman
    Ference-Hunwick

Rask
    Turco

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: My dream lineup for 2010-2011.....:
    dc-bruins. I think a lot on here forget to be the GM on the other side...if we gave them our 1st rounders for the next 2 yrs we still have Torontos...we give them Wheeler who should round out in the 20-25 goal range and Stuart who like you said can be a top 4 dman at some point... We land Ryan who is a young power fwd similar to Rick Nash...and along with Seguin makes this group a lot younger and provides goals... I love Ryan...and since this is a dream lineup with some reality I like this deal
    Posted by shuperman

2 first rounders, Wheeler, and Stuart for Bobby Ryan is an overpayment I think. That is actually more than what the Leafs paid for Kessel (who is not as good, but comparable to Ryan) notwithstanding the fact the Leafs ended up finishing 29th. 

One first, Wheeler, and Stuart is do-able. 

Ideally, we could get Ryan for our first this year, Wheeler, and Caron (maybe throw in Sobotka). 

I know a lot of people on this board are super-high on Caron, but, realistically, he will end up being a second/third liner. I would much rather keep Stuart if that projection is accurate because Stu gives us a chance to win now and adds a lot to the lineup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Ok, so I have two proposals.  With Seidenberg looking like a done deal, it's safe to say that since PC blew it with the Ference contract, we can keep either Boychuck OR Stuart.  If we get Ryan, Stuart is Gone, if we get Iginla, Boychuck is gone. For Ryan (5.5m) Stuart Wheeler BOS 1st (2010) BOS 1st (2011) TOR 2nd (2011) For Iginla (7m) Boychuck Wheeler BOS 1st (2011)
    Posted by titletownfan

I like the 5.5M price tag for Ryan -- I think that's accurate.

However, deal #1 cannot work because we do not have Toronto's second pick in 2011. Also, as I said above, that deal would be an overpayment. A comparable to Ryan is Kessel and the Leafs paid less for him at the time the deal was made (obviously a lot more was paid out due to the fact the Leafs subsequently finished 29th).

Deal #2 likely would not work because the Flames would probably want more and/or would probably get offered more by some other team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

To me 40 goal men are a rare bread...the Bruins will finish in the top 10 with Ryan in the lineup meaning they are late 1st rounders and we already have Torontos picks...
    I would like to keep Stuart but the Ference signing is still baffling...could have had much better healthy talent over him for that price and duration

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Realistic lineup can't be made up until savard and TT are gone. Dying to know how it will contrusted

right now trying to fill in the blanks we have a lineup of

Starting

Lucic Krecji Horton
    Recchi Bergeron ?
    Ryder Seguin ?
    Paille Campbell Thornton

Reserve: Marchand

Chara, Seidenberg
    Boychuk Hunwick
    Ference ?

Reserves: Mcquaid, Alexandrov

Rask

Comment: Not sure about sturm being healthy to start in the year. He is probably dying to retire by now. When he comesback he can be plugged in with Seguin and Ryder. I hope Seguin can rejuvanate the once 30 goal scoring Ryder's career. Wheeler will ask for too much and won't be resigned (hasn't done didly anyways).. With Savard and TT bound to be traded something has to comeback to us, ideally a decent winger and offensive minded D. If we just get scraps back just to get rid of their contracts i can see Jared Knight and Caron making the squad , giving us one of the youngest team in the league.

Do we regress? Maybe slightly but we would be more talented offensively and still good defensive team still. Can't do worst than last year thats for sure

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Lucic - Savard - Horton
    Caron - Krejci - Seguin
    Wheeler - Bergeron - Recchi
    Marchand - Campbell - Thornton

Extra: Jared Knight

Chara - Seidenberg
    Stuart - Boychuk
    Hunwick - Ference

Extra: McQuaid

Rask
    Auld

Call-Up Duties: Colborne, Suave, Alexandrov, Bartkowski, Kampfer

Total Salary: $54.409M

Now, I'll explain a few things that may leave you confused. 

Wheeler - I can't stand him, but I think Chiapet will revert back to his dumb self once or twice this offseason, with this move being one of them.  PC will probly re-sign Wheeler for a one or two year deal (God help us if it's more than one year) at like 2.5.

Marchand - I think Marchand would be a pretty good fit on the 4th line, assuming he doesn't make the team as the extra forward.  He's got plenty of skill, but he's more of a sandpaper type of player.  Lots of grit in the kid's game, and he could be next year's pest now that Sobotka is gone.

Caron - Assuming we can dump enough dead weight, I think Caron could very easily make the second line.  He's got a good amount of skill in his game and he seemed like the kid that was most NHL ready at last year's camp.  He could mesh well with Krejci and Seguin, and if they do mesh, they could be pretty killer for a second line.

Knight - I may change this after I see the kid at development camp, but from what I've read, the kid seems ready to make the jump to the big club.  He could end up being the most recent second round steal for the B's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

so with paille, here is a concievable lineup:

Lucic  Savard  Horton
    Wheeler Krejci Ryder
    Seguin Bergeron Recchi
    Paille Campbell Thornton

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

so with paille, here is a concievable lineup: Lucic  Savard  Horton Wheeler Krejci Ryder Seguin Bergeron Recchi Paille Campbell Thornton
    Posted by shaunk

And the goal totals, realisticly, could look like this...

15-20-30
    20-25-25(Bit of a stretcch, but he is playing for a contract)
    20-20-20
    10-8-5

I think those totals seem to make a bit of sense for each player to be able to reach that point. Give or take 5 for the Bergy line for each player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

Lucic  Savard  Horton
    Wheeler Krejci Ryder
    Recchi Bergeron Seguin
    Paille Campbell Thornton

Marchand Colborne Reich Sturm (Dec 2010)

Chara Seidenberg
    Ferrence Boychuck
    Stuart Hunwick

McQuaid Penner Bodnurchuck

Rask
    Thomas

I'd say this is a better lineup than the one that came within a period of the conference finals.  Anyone know the ramifications on the cap of placing Sturm on the LTIR or his playing eligibility?