NHL 4 on 4 FULL-TIME!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

NHL 4 on 4 FULL-TIME!!

What the NHL needs to do is go to a 4 on 4 format full time. This would eliminate most of the problems plaguing the NHL right now. Scoring would go up without reducing goalies pads, making rinks & nets bigger etc.� Any players losing a job from elimination of the 3-4 forwards teams would no longer need would be covered under the NHL's further expansion plans. Never mind the fact that the play would be so much faster with fewer players on the ice that if you can't keep up, do you really belong in the league anyways? This would also significantly reduce the amount of injuries that are prevalent in the league right now, especially with star players. Is there a more exciting time right now for games than the last few minutes of a tie game playing 4 on 4? I'm a hockey purist, but if you think about it the idea would make alot of sense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

NHL 4 on 4 FULL-TIME!!

The NHL could do fine with 100 or so less players, besides the NHLPA union�has never been weaker and there is no arguing with the TV ratings & (overall) attendance. They wouldn't need to pursue expansion plans wither which would be a bigger disaster. I miss the glory days of the NHL as much as anyone, but the posts are accurate, goals are most likely to happen as a result of a mistake/fluke than pure offensive skill. I took some time to watch the USA National JR championships this week and if the two teams playing were evenly matched, the only offense came from man-down situations. If there were no penalties called they would still be playing tied 0-0. Even the hockey purist HAS to admit, something needs to be drastically changed for the NHL to be compelling again. �

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

NHL 4 on 4 FULL-TIME!!

OrrBest, Agree with most of what you say...but I do disagree that it will return to the same game.� The players are bigger, stronger and faster than they were back then additionally I disagree with the statement that there are only a few very talented players in the league [some other poster].� I think there are actually more, but they are distributed among 3 times as many teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jplyons3. Show jplyons3's posts

NHL 4 on 4 FULL-TIME!!

No Way to full time 4 on 4.Only one word will save� the NHL.� RELEGATION�Bottom feeder teams go to a different league.� Top teams stay in the NHL and every year top teams from B league promoted while bottom teams from A league demoted.Think European Soccer�