Re: Nicknames, and not the flattering kind

In Response to Re: Nicknames, and not the flattering kind:
    [QUOTE]Hal "Standing Still" Gill
    Posted by Dave24[/QUOTE]

Hal 'NO SKILL' Gill also is a dandy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Ken "The Rat" Linesmen. 
    When Jack Edwards called DK "The Matrix" for his ability to slow things down is probably one of my favourite recent ones

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The Hawks had a goalie in the '84 - '85 season named Warren Skorodenski. 
    His nickname was Warren "Score-against-thee."  Self-explanatory, I guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Best Gill one I heard was just 2001.  Just substitute "Coach" for "Dave".

Hal! I need you to close off that passing lane!

I can't do that coach.

Hal! I need you to take the man out in the corner!

I can't do that coach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from looooch17. Show looooch17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nicknames, and not the flattering kind : What does that matter...Dudes not a good looking individual
    Posted by bobby774[/QUOTE]he looks like joanie from happy days

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Briefly a B's defenseman in the early/mid nineties(?): Al "Speedbag" Stewart. And not for the way he threw 'em.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Tom Bare-asso?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Nicknames, and not the flattering kind:[QUOTE]How about....." Hairball Hartnell " Posted by saultont[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda partial to Barbara Streisand for Hartnell...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

My favorite for Alexander Ovechkin is Alexander Ovenchicken.  Still makes me laugh when I hear it.  He can be a real charmer that one. 

FYI duinne I'm a woman and think Rask is odd looking and not too pleasant on the eyes.  He is very nice in to fans though and extremely talented. 

Now, Bergeron, he is a cutie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Johnny Most used to call the Pistons' Laimbeer and Mahorn "McFilthy and McNasty"

could be applied to any duo on the flyers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

My favorite for Alexander Ovechkin is Alexander Ovenchicken.  Still makes me laugh when I hear it.  He can be a real charmer that one.  FYI duinne I'm a woman and think Rask is odd looking and not too pleasant on the eyes.  He is very nice in to fans though and extremely talented.  Now, Bergeron, he is a cutie.
    Posted by Believe1

http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/jaakiekko/2010/860194.jpg

Eyes to die for. But I like 'em "different."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

As much as I love talking about cute guys in the NHL, I think I'll bring the discussion back to nicknames...

The only one I use outside of nicknames for the B's like Krej, Looch, Boych, Stu, etc. is for Matt Cooke...Evander Kane's girlfriend...

I usually just call guys I don't like d bag or somethin like that...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok it is a different sport, but Steve Lyons as "Psycho" is the best of nicknames. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

As much as I love talking about cute guys in the NHL, I think I'll bring the discussion back to nicknames... The only one I use outside of nicknames for the B's like Krej, Looch, Boych, Stu, etc. is for Matt Cooke...Evander Kane's girlfriend... I usually just call guys I don't like d bag or somethin like that...
    Posted by mannyortez3424

I never heard anyone call Boychuk "Boych." I do like "Johnny Rocket" for him; apparently he's pretty fond of it too, from his reaction to it in the Bruins chat last year. :-)

I always crack up at how the Bruins call Matt Hunwick "Hunny" so matter-of-factly.

Anyway, see if you can ID all the Bruins nicknames (leaving out Krej, Looch and Stu):

Savvy
    Rydes
    Tank
    Tuuks
    Caveman
    Munch
    Zee
    Quaider
    Wheels
    Sturmie (aka "the German")
    Seids
    Rex
    Bergy
    Thorts

That's all the ones I can remember.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Jorge (Cannot) Cantu

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Sieve Mason.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nicknames, and not the flattering kind : I never heard anyone call Boychuk "Boych." I do like "Johnny Rocket" for him; apparently he's pretty fond of it too, from his reaction to it in the Bruins chat last year. :-) I always crack up at how the Bruins call Matt Hunwick "Hunny" so matter-of-factly. Anyway, see if you can ID all the Bruins nicknames (leaving out Krej, Looch and Stu): Savvy Rydes Tank Tuuks Caveman Munch Zee Quaider Wheels Sturmie (aka "the German") Seids Rex Bergy Thorts That's all the ones I can remember.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Ya it's pretty much just in my house that we use Boych haha...it's kinda weird but I like it...

I think you covered most of them...my two favorites have to be Munch or Munchwick for Hunwick cuz he ate so much as a kid...that's just hilarious...

And Caveman for Stu is perfect...it just fits his style and demeanor perfectly...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

Dean Chynoweth I always called him the "Bagel Man" after NESN or CH 38 had this clip about him owning a few bagel chains in Canada and how he worked at the durring the lockout in 94.

Boychuck=Manchuck

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nicknames, and not the flattering kind : Ya it's pretty much just in my house that we use Boych haha...it's kinda weird but I like it... I think you covered most of them...my two favorites have to be Munch or Munchwick for Hunwick cuz he ate so much as a kid...that's just hilarious... And Caveman for Stu is perfect...it just fits his style and demeanor perfectly...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

I love the irony of Caveman. It certainly does fit his style of play, but he majored in English in college, his dad's a surgeon, and he's the player rep for the Bruins. He's one smart guy.

Munch, er, Hunwick is pretty smart too. I loved it when he said his favorite class in college was Medieval economics. So much for "dumb hockey player" stereotypes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

sheriff shane hnidy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nicknames, and not the flattering kind : http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/jaakiekko/2010/860194.jpg Eyes to die for. But I like 'em "different."
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

How about creating a thread so you girls can talk about how cute Player A and Player B are?

Almost all of the posters here are guys and none of them (except maybe Stanley) have any interest in the subject.