Now we do what the Blackhawks did to win the Cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Now we do what the Blackhawks did to win the Cup

Draft a star Hall or Seguin) and change the outlook of the team, and we'll be back in contention for Stanley Cups.

Just like the Hawks did with drafting Kane and Toews, and signing Hossa and Campbell.

Guys get pumped. Its our turn to start the Blackhawk formula

Go Bruins!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Now we do what the Blackhawks did to win the Cup

hawks are all about the young.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

and then what? have a firesale the year after or 2 years after like the blackhawks are going to do this offseason?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UltimateBoston46. Show UltimateBoston46's posts

I agree. Hawks drafted top picks 2 years in a row. We have Toronto's pick 2 years in a row. We will hopefully have the same type of success.

Hey Boston fans, check out my new sports blog while you're at it.

New blog trying to get some exposure, we're very passionate about Boston sports, so if you're the same way, check it out and leave some feedback!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yikes, I heard that Toews got another 1.8 mil for winning the Conn Smythe, ANOTHER 1.8 against the cap next year.

They have to blow the team up, no choice. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Have a string of finishes below and get lots of high draft picks same as Pittsburgh and Washington.

1997-98 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs
    1998-99 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs
    1999-00 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs
    2000-01 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs
    2001-02 Chicago Blackhawks  Lost in round 1
    2002-03 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs
    2003-04 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs
    2005-06 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs
    2006-07 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs
    2007-08 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Now we do what the Blackhawks did to win the Cup:
    Have a string of finishes below and get lots of high draft picks same as Pittsburgh and Washington. 1997-98 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs 1998-99 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs 1999-00 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs 2000-01 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs 2001-02 Chicago Blackhawks  Lost in round 1 2002-03 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs 2003-04 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs 2005-06 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs 2006-07 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs 2007-08 Chicago Blackhawks  Out of Playoffs
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

You have to admit that the Caps and Pens at least don't have to dismantle because they are over the cap.

How come the Hawks aren't in all these nutty trade talks?  It's the one team that for sure has to lose people.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Now we do what the Blackhawks did to win the Cup:
    Lets not use the caps as and example for a successful franchise again until they have become one. Very successful regular season team though. Chicago is not in an enviable position. They won the cup, fantastic, but are going to sell off every asset they have not named Keith Kane or Toews. If I were the bruins I would try to make some room for either Sharp or Virsteeg
    Posted by pbergeron37

True, no cup for caps, but it has to be a matter of time.  I don't know if they dumped that coach yet, but they should.  Some other tuning and I think they should be in it next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

True on the Caps I used them as another example for posters who like to complain about PC n compare him to Mcfee and Shero. Caps are a goaltender away from being a true contender.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Of course, just that easy...sprinkle magic dust, too, while you're at it...Following another team's lead only causes about 22 other teams to follow, too.  The successful teams find their own way by finding what works for them, not some other team halfway across the continent.  The Cup is the toughest team sport championship to win and simply to follow the road map created by someone else is no way to ensure success.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Wirtz dying was great for the fan base - they finally got fan-friendly - but the TEAM got better because they were horrible for years and then drafted well, from high spots (Kane and Toews) just as Pittsburgh did (Crosby, Malkin, Fleury), and added some key FAs.

But they are horribly over the cap for next year. No dynasty in Chicago, I'm afraid. They'll still contend, but they won't be this good again. 

The Bruins have an excellent base to build on right now (Krejci, Savard, Chara, Rask, Lucic, Begeron) and have the chance to make a HUGE impact in the draft. They could very well be the next team to take that final step (thanks, Toronto).