OPENING NIGHT and VERSUS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

OPENING NIGHT and VERSUS

I know they are talking about VERSUS and Direct TV being at a stalemate.  Does that mean that the nhl centre Ice feed will also be disrupted
     ANYBODY KNOW

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Re: OPENING NIGHT and VERSUS

Not really... :\

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from matt1609. Show matt1609's posts

center ice will stay the same but there will be no versus on direct tv and center ice wont be carrying those games...so if your a B's fan and have direct tv good luck

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robert72. Show Robert72's posts

In Response to Re: OPENING NIGHT and VERSUS:
    [QUOTE]center ice will stay the same but there will be no versus on direct tv and center ice wont be carrying those games...so if your a B's fan and have direct tv good luck
    Posted by matt1609[/QUOTE]

Really I contacted DirectV and they said that the versus games would be shown through the NHL Center Ice Package. I have heard so many different anwers. I asked to make absolutly sure b/c if not i would be switing to dish network and they said that the games would be shown on ditectv. I hope they didnt lie to me, or didnt know and gave some bull#$#$ answer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Versus has exclusive rights on the games they air so I'm pretty sure you won't get them on the NHL Center Ice package.  It's similar to the baseball package not showing the Sat afternoon (Fox) or Sunday night (ESPN) games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

[QUOTE]Versus has exclusive rights on the games they air so I'm pretty sure you won't get them on the NHL Center Ice package.  It's similar to the baseball package not showing the Sat afternoon (Fox) or Sunday night (ESPN) games.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

See below
    The Bruins first game is on Versus.  I've seen many B's games in the past on Versus, but I have to say that NESN is the best I have ever seen for HD
    Thu Oct 1, 2009 CapitalsBruins
    7:00 PM VERSUS(HD)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OPENING NIGHT and VERSUS : Really I contacted DirectV and they said that the versus games would be shown through the NHL Center Ice Package. I have heard so many different anwers. I asked to make absolutly sure b/c if not i would be switing to dish network and they said that the games would be shown on ditectv. I hope they didnt lie to me, or didnt know and gave some bull#$#$ answer.
    Posted by Robert72[/QUOTE]
    I'm afraid that whoever you talked to at DirecTV was just telling you what you wanted to hear.  On NHL Live! on XM and the NHL Network today, Rob Simpson read a letter from the league to concerned DirecTV customers.  It basically said that there is no agreement to carry Versus games on Center Ice on DirecTV, and to call DirecTV to complain about it.  In other words, hold one hand out and hold the other one under your as$ and see which one fills up first.

No big surprise that the NHL would side with Versus on the issue.  Things would get sticky if they turned against one of their own in Ed Snider, owner of the Flyers and Comcast.  Still, I have no sympathy for DirecTV.  They are whining that Comcast wants to raise the fees that it charges to carry Versus by 20%.  It seems to me that in the three years since DTV signed their last contract to carry VS that their rates have risen at least 20%.  It's just a big corporate pissing contest, and hockey fans are caught in the middle. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OPENING NIGHT and VERSUS : See below The Bruins first game is on Versus.  I've seen many B's games in the past on Versus, but I have to say that NESN is the best I have ever seen for HD Thu Oct 1, 2009 Capitals Bruins 7:00 PM VERSUS(HD)
    Posted by BigNickster[/QUOTE]

Go see the sight below

Not looking good
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=57131

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OPENING NIGHT and VERSUS : Go see the sight below Not looking good http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=57131
    Posted by BigNickster[/QUOTE]

I did this and wrote a letter of complaint.  The more fans who complain, the better.  This is a rip off.  We pay $160 for Center Ice. But won't get seven Bruins games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from strangebruin. Show strangebruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OPENING NIGHT and VERSUS : Really I contacted DirectV and they said that the versus games would be shown through the NHL Center Ice Package. I have heard so many different anwers. I asked to make absolutly sure b/c if not i would be switing to dish network and they said that the games would be shown on ditectv. I hope they didnt lie to me, or didnt know and gave some bull#$#$ answer.
    Posted by Robert72[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

cancel center ice and cancel direct tv.  send them the message that this is not the type of service that you want. that is the only way to send a message.  i refuse to get center ice (on cox) because the image quality could barely be considered standard definition, and is NOT worth $200. it costs just as much as the MLB package for half the game for christ's sake!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from strangebruin. Show strangebruin's posts

I complained to Dtv and got my bill reduced $20 a month for a year plus FREE center-ice & free starz-hd (great if you don't have a contract with them as mine just got over this year, so I was free to say I'm going with dish network).....i will just watch the first game at a friend's house!....well worth all the free stuff...lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

There is an open letter to DirectTV on nhl.com.  http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=57131

This issue isn't even effecting me, but I feel for those it is.  I encourage everyone to dogpile on directTV and to help our blacked-out friends get some coverage. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FramCire. Show FramCire's posts

Folks, you can blame DirecTV if you want but understand Comcast has a reason to force this stalemate.  They are hoping to weaken DirecTV's market share because they are a direct competitor.  Versus is looking to be treated like ESPN because they have added a bunch of fringe sports and DirecTV doesn't want to treat them as such.

The NHL has yet again done the foolish thing in siding with Comcast.  I am out of contract with DirecTV but I wouldn't cancel it because Comcast wants me to.  Instaed, I'll be watching even less NHL. 

Good job NHL...... I guess you don't mind losing fans as long as you make one of your owners happy.  I used to get Center Ice and now I wont see many games at on TV.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyMom14. Show HockeyMom14's posts

Switch to Comcast, Time Warner Cable, or Dish Network quick!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

The Boston Bruins site says that the game Oct 01 is on Versus, but how can we tell if NHL Centre Ice is affecting seeing that there are many different providers like Switch to Comcast, Time Warner Cable, or Dish Network etc...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyMom14. Show HockeyMom14's posts

Well, how it works is Versus is in contract dispute with directTV and they are not broadcasting that network until an agreement is made. BUT, if you have a cable or satellite service that is STILL broadcasting Versus, you will see the game. It is only DirectTV subs that will not. I work for Time Warner Cable, and we are still on the air with Versus.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from drahcir61. Show drahcir61's posts

If the NHL had a spine they would broadcast Boston/Washington on the NHL Network, this is THEIR product & I'm certain there is some contractual language that would allow them to supercede the agreement with Versus.  The NHL agreement with Versus expects a certain # of viewers & because of this dispute that viewer threshhold will not be reached.

Instead the NHL pulls the cop out routine & encourages fans to "complain to DirecTV".  Can you imagine the NFL, NBA, or MLB in this situation?  They'd tell the broadcaster to take a hike!  I can assure you that Comcast is LOVING this dispute & the possible repercussions against DirecTV from hockey fans.

On Thursday, google "Bruins Caps live streaming" & you should be able to find a live internet stream of the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Just pull out the ole lap top and watch it online. Ya its not as good as on your tv, but you'll be able to watch it. Or go to a sports bar...one that doesnt utilize direct TV.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SullyFromMA. Show SullyFromMA's posts

Wow... just spent a good half hour on the phone with an inept DirecTV customer service rep. I was asking if in the event that I decided to order Center Ice would Thursdays game be blacked out. After asking the same question 7 times and being put on hold for about 10 minutes I was told it MAY be blacked out. Doubleyou Tee Eff. I'm really starting to regret subscribing to DirecTV.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Poor Americans and you're direct tv.
    Doesnt everybody have some form of digital cable and access to NHL center ice yet?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robert72. Show Robert72's posts

[QUOTE]Poor Americans and you're direct tv. Doesnt everybody have some form of digital cable and access to NHL center ice yet?
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

Yeah I get NHL Center Ice so i can see all the games, now Directv is telling me that the versus games will be shown on center ice channels, but everyone else is saying they wont. And FYI - to those that have a contact with Directv, ask them to prove it to you by producing the paperwork that you signed. My buddys that have tried this have said they cant, and that gets them out of the contract. I'm am going to try this.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from simba77. Show simba77's posts

As a huge Bruins fan and Directv subscriber...yes it does stink that I can't watch the opener Thursday night.  But, I would not switch to Comcast if my life depended on it.  Their service is horrible in my area and went through 3 cable boxes in one month (they were all defective).  Versus is a crappy two bit station that airs hockey and rodeo.  I will find a local bar or just watch it on the computer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from drahcir61. Show drahcir61's posts

FYI ... my DirecTV schedule shows the NHL Network (ch 215) REPLAYING the Bruins Caps game at 4am Friday & again at 2pm Friday afternoon ... set the tivo!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robert72. Show Robert72's posts

Someone @ DirectV told me the game will be played on Center Ice they even told me the Channel # 772. Of course my guide doesnt show it. And who ever said that when they complained and got money off their bill, must of caught them on a good day. THe people i talked to were unmoved by my hard luck story of paying all that $ and still missing games, they just said that its out of there hands.