Ovechicken Out With Knee Injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Ovechicken Out With Knee Injury

Left the game against the 'Canes in the first period and didn't return.

Not status update yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Ovechicken Out With Knee Injury

Hurricanes D Gleason was trying to deke and got the worst of it. Looked to me like Ovechkin was the one being the aggressor on the play. Ovechicken should get the fine but it won't happen Campbell wouldn't dare fine a star.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCan. Show BruinsCan's posts

His abscence from the game is really not a good indicator on his status.  He recieved a major and was ejected from the game.  So he didn't really have a choice on playing anymore in this one.

I am more interested in seeing if he gets a suspension.  The play is pretty similiar to George Laroques play on Kronwall, in which Laroque got five games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Yes, he was given a game misconduct...but he wasn't returning regardless.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300599

Not the first time he's done this either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Ovechickin is a dirty player and he consistently gets away with it like that cry baby Crosby. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTWPlxk8ZKw

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I agree with bridgemanusa all the super stars never get discipline for wrongful actions. I am Bruins diehard fan but not TO but when Gretzky high stick Gilmour a few years back what happen their! If everybody wants to play dirty or cheap shots or take dumb penalties, then they should be punish in a similar manner. I think this is a topic for a GM's meeting esspecially head shots,checking from behind and knee on knee.I will be looking forward to Boston and Toronto game Saturday just to see what Don Cherry will have something to say about this!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last season against Boston in Washington he stuck out his knee on Wideman.
    From that time on , last season,  Wideman was not the same player.
    I kept saying it to all the Cap fans, " One day , one day ..because if you live by the sword you will die by the sword". 
    Ovy is the best player right now and I don't wish him out of the game. He should just smarten up.

Now, Hendy77,  I see you got the Hamilton Tiger Cats logo as signature.

Last nite while watching Monday Night Football at half time , on the 3 fastest minutes , Berman brought up an excellent clip of the CFL's Grey Cup in Canada .
    Montreal - Saskatchewan and how Montreal got lucky with no time left to re-kick a missed field goal attempt due to " TOO MANY MEN !!!" on the field this time
     LOL. The 2nd attempt was successful and Montreal wins Grey cup.
    He went to add if this sounded familiar (since many NewEnglanders watching) in 1979''s playoffs Boston against Montreal
    " TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE " call !!! That call won the Stanley cup for Montreal as Rangers were no match and wouldn't have been for the Bruins also.
    Wow, this Montreal is one lucky city . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

A leg check is dangerous for both people

I love the way Ovechkin plays, but being a huge Cam Neely fan, i believe that if you try and leg check someone, you deserve anything you get in injury or retaliation.

It is the epitome of a dirty play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I have NO mercy for this clown. I don't care how many goals he scores-- he needs a lesson in respect and dignity. Being born with a talent doesn't make you immune to the rules.

This guy's lucky to have been born with a skill that puts him in a lucrative position, but what does he do with it? He's out all the time, drunk as a d3uchebag and partying it up with Price et al., who thought he was going to be a big star until he figured out he couldn't be a full-time hockey player and full-time alcoholic. But he was given more chances than anyone else would have gotten in his position, for unknown reasons. Not deserved.

You can be a genius and flunk out of university if you're an irresponsible d3uche. I suspect you can also be Ovechkin and have a very short-lived NHL career.

The 2 game suspension wasn't enough but it's a start. That was a shameless hit and he does it all the time. Do you really think teams with tough guys are going to let him skate around and injure their players as he sees fit?

He's going down, one way or another.

My respect is gone. Glad he was Booed as he was carried off the ice. Taste of his own medicine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

In Response to Re: Ovechicken Out With Knee Injury:
    [QUOTE]Last season against Boston in Washington he stuck out his knee on Wideman. From that time on , last season,  Wideman was not the same player. I kept saying it to all the Cap fans, " One day , one day ..because if you live by the sword you will die by the sword".  Ovy is the best player right now and I don't wish him out of the game. He should just smarten up. Now, Hendy77,   I see you got the Hamilton Tiger Cats logo as signature. Last nite while watching Monday Night Football at half time , on the 3 fastest minutes , Berman brought up an excellent clip of the CFL's Grey Cup in Canada . Montreal - Saskatchewan and how Montreal got lucky with no time left to re-kick a missed field goal attempt due to " TOO MANY MEN !!!" on the field this time  LOL. The 2nd attempt was successful and Montreal wins Grey cup. He went to add if this sounded familiar (since many NewEnglanders watching) in 1979''s playoffs Boston against Montreal " TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE " call !!! That call won the Stanley cup for Montreal as Rangers were no match and wouldn't have been for the Bruins also. Wow, this Montreal is one lucky city . 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Trust me...Sunday reminded me of 1976!
    Was cheering for the Riders, but Montreal's luck goes beyond the Habs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

In Response to Re: Ovechicken Out With Knee Injury:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ovechicken Out With Knee Injury : Trust me...Sunday reminded me of 1976! Was cheering for the Riders, but Montreal's luck goes beyond the Habs.
    Posted by hendy77[/QUOTE]

Couldn't believe what I was seeing with those last 2 points!!