PC will trade a D for sure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBrewin. Show MontrealBrewin's posts

Re: PC will trade a D for sure

Trade Chara....very least, remove the C

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

It may be that PC is planning to trade Chara since this is the last year of his contract.  A pre-season move would optimize the return-- not just a rental but a full year of a Norris D man.  This would open a lot of cap space.  Of course, Chara has a NTC and would have to agree.  But why wouldn't he?

Much better to move Ference or Wides, but Chara is the more tradable, by far.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Trade Ference and Chara and Thomas....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

trade hunwick!....or wides

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

In Response to Re: PC will trade a D for sure:
    In Response to Re: PC will trade a D for sure : Yeah, I agree with you on the Boychuk comment, he had a decent season, but half this board wants to ship out hunwick right now when he was arguably on of the best defensive rookies a year prior..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Nice observation, the KID has an upside to his game. If PC would just learn how to pair him. Can anyone tell he can't pass the puck? The only positive move from PC was to put him on the pp.  I'm glad you remember a year ago. He is way younger than most on the team.

I'm tired of hearing about Boychuck, he is older and has just made it back for some of this season. He can't  skate a lick either. Boston D was not there problem this year is was the O.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

And Hunwick is the Best Skaters on the Team if not the League...It would be a mistake to trade him...Watch Campbell in Game Six you will be able to see the similarities in skating ability.
    Posted by rockett7

I support your view about his skating ability! The other guy doesn't understand that you have to have skater in the D, look at Chicago they are doing ok with there program. Maybe they would trade him to Chi-town? He would be a good fit there. Who can now give the KID time to develop, he'll be just fine and if he would shoot more then pass it to players that could handle a pass then his number would be much better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

trade hunwick!....or wides
    Posted by emjake5236

Wait, Ferrance may make it a few games, give him more money to play 1/3 of a season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It may be that PC is planning to trade Chara since this is the last year of his contract.  A pre-season move would optimize the return-- not just a rental but a full year of a Norris D man.  This would open a lot of cap space.  Of course, Chara has a NTC and would have to agree.  But why wouldn't he? Much better to move Ference or Wides, but Chara is the more tradable, by far.  
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Yes, trading Chara would open a lot of cap space.  Of course, if they trade their #1 defenseman, they will need a #1 defenseman, which will probably eat up that cap space.

Might as well keep Chara.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I think the confusion over the Ference deal just comes down to people not wanting to keep Andrew Ference.  Ference has played nearly 600 NHL games over 11 seasons with three different teams. He's played 74 NHL playoff games.  He has played in a Stanley Cup finals.  He's only 31. What this means is - you know what you're getting with him.  You know he knows how to be a professional in this league.  Boychuk hasn't played the equivalent of a full NHL season.  Stuart hasn't played better than a 5-6 D for more than a full NHL season.  Hunwick's erratic.  Wideman's erratic.  Seidenberg has played 17 games in Boston.  The only other guy who has much of a veteran profile on Boston's blueline is Chara.  There's value in that above and beyond what Ference's own game looks like on the ice. If you look at what $2.25 gets you these days, it's a lot harder to criticize the money Ference is getting.  There are very few veteran defensemen (over 25 as of Oct1/09) making less money than Ference will get - maybe a dozen in the entire league and that includes that gem Andrew Alberts and AHL goon become NHL defenseman Matt Carkner. So - if you don't like the Ference deal, it's because you don't think it's worth paying fair value for a veteran third-pairing defenseman.  Nothing baffling about that.
    Posted by Bookboy007

i agree with you for the most part.  i think ference is a solid defender.  not great but solid.  and i have no problem with him back as a 4 or 5.  the thing i didn't get with the extension wasn't the money part (because your post pretty much explains why), but rather the timing of it.  i just didn't understand why PC couldn't have waited until the end of the season.  while i like ference, he IS injury prone.  and i would think that PC really needed to be sure that ference would be ok before he locked him up.  now maybe PC did have the confidence that he'll be ok.  and by the reports, it seems like he will be.  so hopefully that'll be the case.  but for now we'll just have to wait and see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: PC will trade a D for sure : i agree with you for the most part.  i think ference is a solid defender.  not great but solid.  and i have no problem with him back as a 4 or 5.  the thing i didn't get with the extension wasn't the money part (because your post pretty much explains why), but rather the timing of it.  i just didn't understand why PC couldn't have waited until the end of the season.  while i like ference, he IS injury prone.  and i would think that PC really needed to be sure that ference would be ok before he locked him up.  now maybe PC did have the confidence that he'll be ok.  and by the reports, it seems like he will be.  so hopefully that'll be the case.  but for now we'll just have to wait and see.
    Posted by jalvis

Signing Ference was the easy way.  Never mind the fact that he'll miss 80-100 games over the next four seasons (25%). Chiarelli doesn't have to go find someone else to fill that spot.  Maybe the team's lazy attitude comes from him?  If nothing else, it'll give us consistent looks at the prospect in Providence.  They'll always be one shift away from moving up.