Pink Hats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Pink Hats

Not being from Beantown myself, I would like it if somebody can give me some clarification on this insulting little phrase.

I get that it refers to bandwagon jumpers who quickly become fans when the going is good, and spout off at the lip like they've been following things for years.... but.....

Was there some sort of Boston based promo with pink hats???  I've never heard the term except on these boards.

Enlighten away....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Pink Hats

When the Sox became THE scene in the earlier part of the decade, Fenway Park was overrun by bangwagon women wearing pink Sox hats.  Still is today.  They are no nothing bandwagon jumpers who don't know the difference between playing second base and being a DH.

I pray to God the B's never become big on The Scene.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

In Response to Pink Hats:
    Not being from Beantown myself, I would like it if somebody can give me some clarification on this insulting little phrase. I get that it refers to bandwagon jumpers who quickly become fans when the going is good, and spout off at the lip like they've been following things for years.... but..... Was there some sort of Boston based promo with pink hats???  I've never heard the term except on these boards. Enlighten away....
    Posted by RascalHoudi

98.5 the sports hub has a segment on toucher and rich...pink hats where they pick a woman wearing a pink hat at a Sox game and ask question about the sox and baseball and 90% get them wrong...like one said Elisbury was thier favorite player an the nexted question said he was a picther...that should explain it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Have a click on the link and listen to a weekly segment of "Ask a Pink Hat"

It's hilarious!  You'll get a good idea of what the phrase means....enjoy!

http://985thesportshub.cbslocal.com/2010/06/17/ask-a-pink-hat-what-was-that-position/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Not being from Beantown myself, I would like it if somebody can give me some clarification on this insulting little phrase.

I get that it refers to bandwagon jumpers who quickly become fans when the going is good, and spout off at the lip like they've been following things for years.... but.....

Was there some sort of Boston based promo with pink hats???  I've never heard the term except on these boards.

Enlighten away....

After going to Fenway became the popular place and rooting for the Sox was the 'in' thing to do, all these people used to buy the pink "B" Sox hats and wear them around.

One would go to Fenway and see literally hundreds of people with pink hats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bennyjo30. Show bennyjo30's posts

I don't know if you ever listen to 98.5 The Sports Hub, but the morning show "Toucher and Rich" do a great skit called "Ask a Pink Hat." It all started to show the true die-hard Red Sox fans who could never get/afford tickets the type of people who were actually taking your tickets. The rich girls that just go to games and have NO idea what is going on. So in this skit, they go up to a girl wearing a pink Red Sox hat and ask basic questions about the Red Sox and baseball. Here are some of the answers you get from the girls:

Q: Who is your favorite player?
    A: Jacoby Ellsbury.
    Q: What position does he play?
    A: Pitcher.

Q: What is the shape of the infield?
    A: A pentagon.

Q: What is a full count?
    A: Five.

Q: What is the name of the Los Angeles baseball team? (after attending an Angels game)
    A: The Lakers.

Q: What team does Jonathan Papelbon play for?
    A: The New York Yankees.

Q: What position does Josh Beckett play?
    A: Home run.

It's a pretty good skit. If you haven't heard it, go to 985thesportshub.com and search "Ask a Pink Hat." It is the ultimate bandwagoner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

lmao

HOME RUN!!!!! 

That interview was priceless!    And a Victoria Secret Sox top? 

You guys got some great entertainment there!!  lol

Thanks for the info folks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wetcamelfood. Show wetcamelfood's posts

Looks like we're going to be infiltrated sooner than we think

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Pink Hats:
    Not being from Beantown myself, I would like it if somebody can give me some clarification on this insulting little phrase. I get that it refers to bandwagon jumpers who quickly become fans when the going is good, and spout off at the lip like they've been following things for years.... but..... Was there some sort of Boston based promo with pink hats???  I've never heard the term except on these boards. Enlighten away.... After going to Fenway became the popular place and rooting for the Sox was the 'in' thing to do, all these people used to buy the pink "B" Sox hats and wear them around. One would go to Fenway and see literally hundreds of people with pink hats.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977

While it obviously was originally referring to new women fans, the phrase has become a more general term and not gender specific.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

Looks like we're going to be infiltrated sooner than we think
    Posted by wetcamelfood

Trust me...we already HAVE been.  I was at the Anaheim game and the girl behind me says "Wow...they skate so...fast.  How do they do that?  They don't even have ice in Arizona."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Pink Hats : Trust me...we already HAVE been.  I was at the Anaheim game and the girl behind me says "Wow...they skate so...fast.  How do they do that?  They don't even have ice in Arizona."
    Posted by twentyfour

LMFAO!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Pink Hats : Trust me...we already HAVE been.  I was at the Anaheim game and the girl behind me says "Wow...they skate so...fast.  How do they do that?  They don't even have ice in Arizona."
    Posted by twentyfour

Was this "person" blonde? Funny!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Pink Hats:
    Not being from Beantown myself, I would like it if somebody can give me some clarification on this insulting little phrase. I get that it refers to bandwagon jumpers who quickly become fans when the going is good, and spout off at the lip like they've been following things for years.... but..... Was there some sort of Boston based promo with pink hats???  I've never heard the term except on these boards. Enlighten away....
    Posted by RascalHoudi

Also good to note:  Nobody from Boston calls it Beantown.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Pink Hats : Also good to note:  Nobody from Boston calls it Beantown.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So very true.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Sorry folks... no offence intended.     Hope I'm not sentenced to wearing a pink hat for that!  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sorry folks... no offence intended.     Hope I'm not sentenced to wearing a pink hat for that!  :)
    Posted by RascalHoudi

It really is awful.  If you are at Fenway or Foxboro, the Pink Hats are everywhere.  Some of them are there because their boyfriend/husband brought them.  Most are there because it's the scene to be seen at.  They barely watch the play on the field because they don't even care what's happening.  It's up down up down up down to the beer-tender, to the bathroom, to the shops up down up down, yak yak yak yak yak on the phone, testing the limits of unlimited texting, taking pictures of each other all game long.  Meanwhile, the people behind them keep getting their views blocked, the other people in the row have to keep standing up.  It's no isolated incident.  It's the a virus in the park.

I pray to God the b's never become The Scene.  I do want people to like the Bruins, and I'm always happy when I see a random person on the street or at the store wearing something Bruins, I just don't want the mindless Scene Girls to invade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

I saw the Bruins play twice in Buffalo this past season, and one of those times had a few yappy folks about 2 rows behind me, but at least they were talking hockey so it wasn't offensive to hear.  One day I'm going to make it down to Bea..... oops...  Boston and watch the Bruins lay a beating on the Habs,  and if I get Valley Girl Pink Hats sitting around me I may just feel obligated to let my inner redneck out and offend the hell outta them so that they run away screaming!!!  lol

I feel your pain though,  I just would have a real hard time dealing with that scenario.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

When the Sox became THE scene in the earlier part of the decade, Fenway Park was overrun by bangwagon women wearing pink Sox hats.  Still is today.  They are no nothing bandwagon jumpers who don't know the difference between playing second base and being a DH. I pray to God the B's never become big on The Scene.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yes you do.

The more women that care about hockey, the greater your chance of impressing them with your vast hockey knowledge.

Also, chicks bring dbags, and dbags blow money they dont have to impress chicks they have no shot with.  This money would go into Jacbos pocket and facilitate future deals like savard's (i.e. paying more money for a lowered cap hit). 

The dbags are annoying as heck though..... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Pink Hats : Also good to note:  Nobody from Boston calls it Beantown.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Good point.

However "The Bean" is toleratable.....(not recommended though)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I dont get why you guys are against girls at hockey games.  Girls at hockey games = girls at surrounding bars after the hockey games....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I dont get why you guys are against girls at hockey games.  Girls at hockey games = girls at surrounding bars after the hockey games....
    Posted by Drewski5

There is a time and a place for women.  At the game is neither.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Pink Hats : There is a time and a place for women.  At the game is neither.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You have many good posts . This is not one of them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

In Response to Re: Pink Hats : There is a time and a place for women.  At the game is neither.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

There's a time and a place for brain dead opinions too I guess.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

I'm typically not one to play the gender card, but dammit, it's tough for us lady hockey fans!   YOU think the pink hats are annoying?  How do you think we feel?  They give us all a bad name and just make the bathroom wait a whole lot longer. On top of all the pink hats and puck bunnies, we also have to deal with all the dudes who refuse to take a gal in a hockey jersey seriously.  I have season tickets so I'm around plenty of DB's on a pretty regular basis.  I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten "does your boyfriend play hockey",  "are you wearing that jersey because you think the player's hot", "Did you borrow that jersey from your boyfriend",  "are you from Canada".  It's mind blowing, and I totally blame the Pink Hats for all of this. Although it IS fun to cut those guys down and correct them when they try to "impress" me with their hockey knowledge.  They get pretty embarassed   :)
    Posted by darkcitydame

DarkCity,  I wish you luck.  There are some that will never 'get it' no matter how hard they try.  I've coached girls/women hockey teams for 10 years now and played with and against a number of hockey loving women, and in my books they're one of the most fun types of people to be around.  Even my wife (God bless her poor misguided Hab lovin' mind) started playing hockey a few years ago, and she's become a major hockey hound - can't get enough of it!

I think the frustration here is certainly not towards women, but more specifically at those who go to the games because it's the cool flavour of the day and show no respect for the fans that are trying to watch, enjoy and observe the game on the field/ice/floor below.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

You only say that because you could strike out at a female penitentiary with a fist full of pardons.