Player to watch: Patrice Bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: Player to watch: Patrice Bergeron

Yea i was just giving you sh!t cuz of you insisiting that Hossas cap hit was 7.9, and that Bergeron's was 5 in the same posts as you put a little plug for your blog, no worries.
    As for Bergeron, I think his value, even with his cap hit, is much greater for the Bruins as a player than as trade bait, not many teams would be willing to risk prospects, picks, or players for this guy and his cap hit, and i do see good things in his future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

There's not much the Bruins can do about this situation Sparky, who wrote:  "Time for him to go. You need to give up value to get value. Let him go while the potential is still there and let another team get disapointed."  News Flash:  Bergeron's UNtradeable!  His salary and risk of re-injury make him completely untradeable, so as Hitch indicated, he's gonna be here for at least the 09-10 season. 

Like him or not, the reality is that Bergy's just a concussion away from having his career ended, so his continued presence in the lineup is a wild card.  If he's healthy and returns to scoring at his former PPG game pace with his great 2-way game, Bergy's one of the top 20 players in the NHL and a bargain at $5 million.  If he's healthy and doesn't perform to his old PPG pace but manages to play the key 3rd-line center, PK-faceoff role for a Cup-winning B's club, he'll be worth every dime.  If he gets another significant concussion, it'll be a sad ending for a player who deserved better. 

If that were to happen, Bergy would go on long-term IR, and the B's would be able to use his cap money to find a replacement.  Not easy to do, and timing would be everything:  if it happened prior to the trading deadline, B's could probably find a pretty decent replacement, but if not, it could greatly impact their chances in the playoffs. 

It'll sound trite, but all we can do is hope for the best.  One thing we do know, however, is that Bergeron will do everything within his power to be healthy and the best player he can be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

In Response to Re: Player to watch: Patrice Bergeron:
    [QUOTE]Yea i was just giving you sh!t cuz of you insisiting that Hossas cap hit was 7.9, and that Bergeron's was 5 in the same posts as you put a little plug for your blog, no worries. As for Bergeron, I think his value, even with his cap hit, is much greater for the Bruins as a player than as trade bait, not many teams would be willing to risk prospects, picks, or players for this guy and his cap hit, and i do see good things in his future.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

I agree and I also agree with the guy who posted above me.

Bergeron is more valuable here because he has no trade value.

Also, I didn't say Hossa was 7.9 did I? Anyways, if I did, I blame the drugs Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

It's only my opinion, but I think Bergeron will be fine. Obviously after something as big as a concussion you make adjustments to your game to keep your durability. As Bergeron isn't a player like Lindros and physical all over the ice his risk for a concussion is significantly down, unless somebody sends a goon after him which would be the lowest of class and he'd be taken care of by the rest of the Bruins. But that being said, Bergeron is worth keeping around. Not only as dkrejci, Bruinscountry and Pezell noted for the untradeable, but he is a high risk high reward scenario. Consider that, as the end of the season hinted towards, Bergeron is on the road to redemption. Should he be given some scorers on the wings and more ice time I believe he will surprise everybody. He may not get 70 or 80 points, mostly because he's on the 3rd line, but he may get 60-65 if he's put with players like Kobasew and Recchi, and given some time on the PP. Bergeron is blessed with not only skill but with vision, allowing him to be in the right place at the right time. I'm not saying he's a superhero and can avoid any check, but he's smart enough to know when he can pull off a move and when he can't.
    Sure there's the risk of him getting that final blow, but that's a risk every player takes on every single shift. Any concussion, whether it's your 1st or 5th, can take your career away in the bat of an eyelash. Should Bergeron play safe and not catch a bad bounce there's no reason to think he can't play another 10-15 seasons as he did before his concussion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

Bruins country, if Bergeron gets hurt they just move the lines around...the Bruins are deep for scoring believe it or not. They don't really have to replace him, someone just gets more ice time. As it is he's 3rd line...he can only win this year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

I hope bergy puts up a nice season with at least 80 points

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Man, I cant believe what people are saying about Patrice
    He got the contract because he was so good , the complete package
    He was severly injured and played like others said with Axy last year
    Patrice Bergeron will prove you wrong next year
    xenimus - thanks for this post

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

This 1st line, 3rd line argument is pretty useless.  Last season we had lines 1a, 1b, 1c, and an energy/checking line. 

I know I'd rather have Bergy on the ice over Savvy if the B's were up by one with under a minute left.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

When had Bergeron put up 30 goals?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

05-06
    31-42-73

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I am going to get attacked for this, but I think trades should be emotion-free. And as much as I love Bergie, I think this team hasa too much talent (read: expensive talent) to avoid trading someone like him.

Did I say I love Bergie? Did I say that I realize how much he does for the team? It would break my heart but I'd trade him to afford Kessel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

PS: I'd trade him if we coul dnot get rid of any other highly-paid player. But he would not be my first choice. I won't get into who my first choice would be because I don't want to start up another debate. I hate to repeat myself :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Bruins Unite, I agree with you on alot of your posts, but I have to disagree about Bergy.I would never trade him ... maybe because of emotion , but HE brings too much emotion to the B's to trade to keep Kessel

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Bergeron plays well and sustains some high hits throughout the 09-10 season he will be shopped (PC will listen to offers) come next March trading deadline because of his salary. If Bergy is on pace for 80-90 points absorbs (isn't out for 1-2 months) some high hard hits throughout the upcoming season he will be shopped (PC will listen to offers) come next March because of his salary.

If Ryder is on pace for ,what we expect from his talent, 80-90 points he will be shopped next March because of his salary. I would give up either one of these to players to retain Savard, Lucic, Wheeler and Mark Stuart next offseason in a heartbeat!

If Ryder and Bergeron faulter we will lose (2) of these much needed players Savard, Lucic, Wheeler and Mark Stuart. Next offseason will/is going to be much much tougher next offseason for PC. 

Bergeron and Ryder must perform this year in order for PC to keep building youth and have available cash after next March trade deadline. The obvious choose to move is Ryder! I like Ryder allot sniper! we need snipers but devensivly Bergeron and in general great 2 way defensive centers are NOT replaceable!

I agree with earlier comment on this thread THIS YEAR IS MAKE OR BREAK FOR BERGERON!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

He most likely will always be one good hit to the head from being out again. As much as I like him as a player, I would trade him for next to nothing (if any team is stupid enough to take him) to free up cap space. The bruins have to many injury prone players. Ward is gone now, if koby and bergy go next I would be a happy camper. Bergy will make 5.75 mil after this comeing year. I really hope he proves me wrong because he is going nowhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Well, maybe give koby one more chance, he's had some very bad luck (for years though) and I really like him as a player.