Playoffs: 2nd Round Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Playoffs: 2nd Round Predictions

OK so some of us got lambasted for picking the Habs to win Oh well. Jim Lampley's call on George Foreman's comeback knockout of Michael Moorer. "It Happened!"

For those of you who called the Flyers upset over the Devils great call. I was shocked on that one. So here we go for some more fun...

In the East:

Bruins over the Flyers in six games. Sorry but no Gagne and Carter uh uh not this round and Savard seals the deal with the game winner.

Canadians will keep it going in another 7 game upset over Pittburgh. Halak stays hot and I have the matchup I wanted all along. Bruins meet the Habs in the eastern Conference finals with Stuart n Siedenberg ready to go!

Out West:

Sharks in 7 games over the Wings. Joe survives with a surprising performance by Nabakov.

Vancouver win in six games over the Hawks. Niemi and Huet prove there not ready for primetime ever. Chicago's mistakes in the first round will come back to haunt them against a much better goalie!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: Playoffs: 2nd Round Predictions

Bruins over Flyers in Six (agreed)

Pitt over Canadians in Six (this was a fluke win and a good example of Washington not being built for the post season.  Pen is simply too strong and knows how to win in the post season) 

Sharks over Wings in 7...just barely (they will lose to Chicago in the next round)

Hawks over Vancouver in 6 (Chicago settles down and learns from the first round)

3rd Round:  Bs v. Pitt.; and Sharks v. Hawks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Bruins in Six

Penguins in Five

Red Wings in Six--- Detroit 3-0-1 vs Sharks in Reg season

Canucks in Seven

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I agree with JYaso except Hawks will beat the Canucks in 6.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Bruins in 5.
    Penguins in 6
    Sharks in 7
    Chicago in 7

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I agree with JYaso except Hawks will beat the Canucks in 6

Mattbs--- I picked the Canucks simply because before the playoffs started I picked them to make it to the finals in the west--- just sticking with it.  I still think the Blackhawks are weak in net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

B's in 5 - too much Tuuka
    Pens in 6 - Halak just a flash in the pan
    Wings in 7 - Jumbo Joe still can't finish

Chicago in 6 - Toews & Kane arrive for real

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bruins in 6
    Pens in 5
    Sharks in 7
    Hawks in 6

but I only care about guessing right on the first one!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

bruins in 6, flyers take to many dumb penalties
    who the hell would have thought the B's would have home ice in the 2nd round?

pittsburgh in 5, crosby's too good, whether any of you want to believe it
    detroit in 7, thornton chokes again.
    hawks in 6, they always play vancouver tough. both teams hate each other.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

JYaso, it is anybody's series but I have a feeling that The Sedins are not going to produce the goods.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Bs in 6
    Pens in 5
    wings in 6
    blackhawks in 6

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Blackhawks in 7 (Better depth and balance)
    Detroit in 4 (Howard)
    -
    Boston in 5 (Sobotka has a huge series, Powerplay dominates)
    Pittsburgh in 4 (Overpowering)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Nobody picking the Flyers Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

B's will prevail in 6. ( Somebody has to watch Hartnell. He will try to hurt Rask! Savvy keep your head up against Pronger!
    Pens will win IN 6 because they're better defensively than Was, they know how to win in the play-offs & THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL THAT MONTREAL CAN CONTINUE TO ALLOW 45-50 SHOTS A GAME & EXPECT HALEK TO BAIL THEM OUT! TOO MUCH TO ASK ANY GOALIE!

I want Chicago to win, but with that goaltending? Nope- Nuks in 5 Bobby Lou has a lot to prove from last year!
    I think the Sharks finally have gotten the monkey off their back & will beat the wings in 6! However, if it goes to game 7 I think the Wings will win becuase of their experience!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Now's when things get interesting. So far matchups falling Bruins way.

Boston in 6
    Pittsburgh in 5
    Chicago in 7
    Detroit in 6

(Was 6 out of 8 right last time. Wrong on Caps and Flyers.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

In Response to Playoffs: 2nd Round Predictions:
    OK so some of us got lambasted for picking the Habs to win Oh well. Jim Lampley's call on George Foreman's comeback knockout of Michael Moorer. "It Happened!" For those of you who called the Flyers upset over the Devils great call. I was shocked on that one. So here we go for some more fun... In the East: Bruins over the Flyers in six games. Sorry but no Gagne and Carter uh uh not this round and Savard seals the deal with the game winner. Canadians will keep it going in another 7 game upset over Pittburgh. Halak stays hot and I have the matchup I wanted all along. Bruins meet the Habs in the eastern Conference finals with Stuart n Siedenberg ready to go! Out West: Sharks in 7 games over the Wings. Joe survives with a surprising performance by Nabakov. Vancouver win in six games over the Hawks. Niemi and Huet prove there not ready for primetime ever. Chicago's mistakes in the first round will come back to haunt them against a much better goalie!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

We almost agree. Bruins in 5 and Pens in 7.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

boston in 6
    pittsburgh in 5
    detroit in 6
    vancouver in 7

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Bruins in 5
    Pittsburgh in 6 (Halak will be worn out)
    Sharks in 6
    Canucks in 6

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Bruins in 6
    Montreal in 7
    Wings in 6
    Hawks in 6

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am gonna go with the following
    SJ over Det in 6
    Van over Chi in 6
    Pitt over Mon in 5
    My heart wants the Bruins but I think Philly is gonna win in 6 games.  If Rask can stand on his head we have a chance...Philly has more game than Buffalo...they have Pronger who I am scared of around Savard because he has an evil streak and history of hurting players.  I think it gonna be a hard fought series with numerous fights...old school style of hockey...
    My complaint is that Pitt pretty much has the easiest road to the cup in recent yrs...Ottawa had 3 of their best players out and Alfie was hurt.  Now a Montreal team that doesnt hit and well Corsby is just amazing...then they likely get Philly who they handle all the time...

I am hoping the Bruins find their scoring touch...and I hope Savard is really ok...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueyedmannyfan. Show blueyedmannyfan's posts

In Response to Playoffs: 2nd Round Predictions:
    OK so some of us got lambasted for picking the Habs to win Oh well. Jim Lampley's call on George Foreman's comeback knockout of Michael Moorer. "It Happened!" For those of you who called the Flyers upset over the Devils great call. I was shocked on that one. So here we go for some more fun... In the East: Bruins over the Flyers in six games. Sorry but no Gagne and Carter uh uh not this round and Savard seals the deal with the game winner. Canadians will keep it going in another 7 game upset over Pittburgh. Halak stays hot and I have the matchup I wanted all along. Bruins meet the Habs in the eastern Conference finals with Stuart n Siedenberg ready to go! Out West: Sharks in 7 games over the Wings. Joe survives with a surprising performance by Nabakov. Vancouver win in six games over the Hawks. Niemi and Huet prove there not ready for primetime ever. Chicago's mistakes in the first round will come back to haunt them against a much better goalie!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Wow this fairy tale scenario scounds like something my 10 year old would dream up before bedtime! How old are you Sandog?

btw Seidenerg won't be ready before the Stanley Cup Finals and even then he may not be able to start the series so you may want to reign in your homerism a little bit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

b's in 6
    pitt in 5
    wings in 6
    canucks in 7

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

Bruins in 6
    Penguins in 6
    Detroit in 6
    Canucks in 6

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainerguy. Show mainerguy's posts

Bruins over Flyers in 5. Call me an optimist or a homer. I don't care.
    Pens over Habs in a very hard fought 6. Sorry, hangnail, but Halak is no flash is the pan.
    Wings over Sharks in 7. At this point, it's pretty evident Detroit knows how to win in the playoffs. San Jose, on the other hand, quite obviously does not.
    Blackhawks over Canucks in 6. As long as Chicago's goaltending is respectable, they'll pull this one out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bruins in 5
    Habs in 7

Canucks in 6
    Wings in 6

For all you tha wanted Habs to beat Montreal....  they're going to the cup final now.  That's my prediction .