PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Re: PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win

In Response to Re: PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win:
    [QUOTE]It's probably not worth noting that Lucic and Horton have 44% of the Bruins' goals, while Kessel and MacArthur have 60% of the Leafs', and that with one fewer game played the Bruins only have two goals less. If the Bruins don't have a good offense, the Leafs is, at best, not much better.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

You make a good point that neither of these teams have much going for them in the way of balanced offenses.

But I wasn't actually the poster predicting that the Bruins would score 5 goals in this game with their pop-gun offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win

In Response to Re: PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win : You make a good point that neither of these teams have much going for them in the way of balanced offenses. But I wasn't actually the poster predicting that the Bruins would score 5 goals in this game with their pop-gun offense.
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]
    I did get caught up in the details, rather than the message.

Interestingly, the Bruins are in a 5-way tie for 6th in the league for goals-per-game.  They don't seem to have a very good offense, especially with the 11% powerplay conversion rate, so is the whole league depressed this year?  I just looked at the G/G profile from last year, it seems that the only difference is that no team as established itself as offensively dominant yet this year.

Defensively, so far Toronto has been about the same as Washington.  Five seems like a bit of a stretch, but I wouldn't place it out of the realm of possibility.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win : That sort of thing gets you worked up does it?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Well played.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I said last game against NYR that Avery and Boogard would be tough to handle and that the B's would lost if they didnt have McGrattan in the line up ...this is exactly what happened ...and I say it again ...watch Phaneuf and Orr they will make the law in the 1st period ...why ??? All the teams are not afraid of Thornton ...Lucic is not suppose to fight he is too important on the 1st line 6 pts in 6 games ...samething for Chara ....so who do we have left ?????  McGrattant is very physical and very impressive on the ice , I am not saying he should play every game but NYR-Toronto and Flyers ...so no McGrattan in the line up against the Leafs = no WIN for the B'S ....(another of my prediction if you look at my posts was in Sept when I saw him play I said that he was going to make the team ....result : B's signed him) I dont want to brag about my predictions but its always going my way ...why ??? I know the game and my prediction for the next 3 years ..... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn I saw a big guy with #45 on his back pounding the living daylights out of Avery Saturday. Must have been my imagination...  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win : I could have sworn I saw a big guy with #45 on his back pounding the living daylights out of Avery Saturday. Must have been my imagination...  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Why everyone here seems to be so scared of Sean Avery is a mystery to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win:
    [QUOTE]Again ....this time Phaneuf and Orr will start troubles ...Lucic will have to fight if McGrattan is not in the line up ...if McGrattan is out I hate to say it but Leafs will win ...if McGrattan is on the bench Phaneuf and Orr will be more quiet and BRUINS will win it Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Stanley, you are the biggest Black and Gold Homer on these threads...

But even I understood that the purpose of this post was to keep Luchicken from having to fight Orr again after the last time that Orr handed him his a** on a silver platter...

I don't get why so many of your fellow Bruin fans don't get this !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win : I could have sworn I saw a big guy with #45 on his back pounding the living daylights out of Avery Saturday. Must have been my imagination...  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    Avery was invisible for the rest of the game too.It's our fault for trying to make sense of nonsense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Phaneuff is a fraction of a hitter he once was. That is why the Flames let him go. Having Orr in your lineup makes you a weaker team. He can't score. Anyone of our 4th line can put the puck in the net. They have actually played well so far. Having McGratton in the lineup would not be a wise choice in my opionion. Go B's Go !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Phaneuff is a fraction of a hitter he once was. That is why the Flames let him go. Having Orr in your lineup makes you a weaker team. He can't score. Anyone of our 4th line can put the puck in the net. They have actually played well so far. Having McGratton in the lineup would not be a wise choice in my opionion. Go B's Go !
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]
    All of your points are spot on.Both Avery and Boogard were non-factors last game and I have trouble imagining Mcgratton helping us get the tying goal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win : All of your points are spot on.Both Avery and Boogard were non-factors last game and I have trouble imagining Mcgratton helping us get the tying goal.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Boogard threw such a cheap late hit on Stuart. Guy doesnt belong in hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Aint seen nothing yet ...the only way the Leafs can win the next game is doing exactly what the NYR did ..go after our best players ..Lucic had to drop gloves, Mark Stuart samething ....I have nothing against Thornton but when he fights all he's trying to do is not look bad ...he doesnt fight to win or knock down his opponent ...McGrattan is bigger, stronger and he can handle Orr....if you send a message early to those goons BRUINS will win ....I repeat : If McGrattan is not playing its all over 4-2 Leafs....McGrattan wont make the difference on the score sheet but for the final result  he will

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

So basically, what Stanley is saying is that he doesn't want to see Luchicken fightin' (and quittin' on) Orr again...

Who can blame him there, really ?

Everyone got it, now ?

Luchicken cherry picks his shots !

He'll fight non-fighters like Komisarek though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Definately agree, without McGrattons hat trick thursday night, the Bruins are dommed.

Hopefully Kessel is benched by the second period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Aint seen nothing yet ...the only way the Leafs can win the next game is doing exactly what the NYR did ..go after our best players ..Lucic had to drop gloves, Mark Stuart samething ....I have nothing against Thornton but when he fights all he's trying to do is not look bad ...he doesnt fight to win or knock down his opponent ...McGrattan is bigger, stronger and he can handle Orr....if you send a message early to those goons BRUINS will win ....I repeat : If McGrattan is not playing its all over 4-2 Leafs....McGrattan wont make the difference on the score sheet but for the final result  he will Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Hold on... I thought Mark Stuart was a figment of my imagination.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

What an IDIOT and MORON you are ,,,go on Youtube and check Milan 's fights he has taken all the goons in the league at his first year in the NHL ...you NUTS

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PREDICTION FOR the BRUINS-Leafs game on Thursday : Hate to say it but no McGrattan = No win : Bruins won't score 5 goals with their pop gun offense.
    talk about pop gun offence.....the Habs only have 20 goals in 8 games while Boston has 18 in 6 games. if the B's are pop gun than what are the Habs?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So basically, what Stanley is saying is that he doesn't want to see Luchicken fightin' (and quittin' on) Orr again... Who can blame him there, really ? Everyone got it, now ? Luchicken cherry picks his shots ! He'll fight non-fighters like Komisarek though.
    You keep going on about what might have happened with Lucic and Laraque.Tell us about a Hab who beat Lucic.......take your time.....oh yeah,there are none.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Stanley is right - why don't people here get the connection ??

Don't forget stache wannabe !! Although a putz, he will be looking to earn his paycheck too.

Burke is running a good squad. Put Gratts in, dammit !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

correction, Goon squad !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Well looks like another one of my prediction will be right on ....McGrattan not playing tonight meaning the Leafs will make the law in the first period and BRUINS will lose 3-2 ....hate it ....how come Julien can not understand that ..why did they sign McGrattan if they dont dress him up against teams like NYR -Leafs and Flyers ??????  So predictable ,,,so eady to understand ...why a, I the only one who makes such a prediction ???? Am I the only hockey experts in this lobby ??????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Well looks like another one of my prediction will be right on ....McGrattan not playing tonight meaning the Leafs will make the law in the first period and BRUINS will lose 3-2 ....hate it ....how come Julien can not understand that ..why did they sign McGrattan if they dont dress him up against teams like NYR -Leafs and Flyers ??????  So predictable ,,,so eady to understand ...why a, I the only one who makes such a prediction ???? Am I the only hockey experts in this lobby ?????? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Without Mcgratton,the Bruins are still far tougher than the leafs.We didn't have Mcgratton last year and still had no problems with them so I don't know why you're so worried about it(must come with being an expert).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Seriously Stanley, why are you so afraid of the big bad Leafs? 

I mean, maybe they will win a fight against us, who really cares?  As long as we don't get pushed around, and I don't think we will, the game will be about the talent on the ice.  Anything can happen in any given game, but I like our chances to win and they have nothing to do with McGratton.

I can't believe that you think if the Bruins lose it somehow validates your McGratton theory.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Talk about a DUMB statement. Don't quit your day job. If the Bruins lose, it will be Floppy's fault.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I am not afraid of the Maple Laughs ....but why does Nathan Horton has to drop gloves ???  McGrattan was signed for that but he is not playing .....Thornton is Mr Nice guy does fight but never fights to kill just not too look bad ...

I am glad that the B's are ahead 2-0 after 2 and particularly happy that Seguin is ahead 1-0 on Phil ....and most of all a big win for the BRUINS

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Why, does anyone give this guy attention?  I know it is hard to ignore the trolls and idiots but seriously.... this thread got traction enough for 3 pages?

The most annoying thing about this thread is the Bruins had a 5 days break and we had to see it for that long. 

To the Cup is a whacked out fruitcake at best, ignore him.

Hey Cup you prediction IS WRONG! Goodbye.