...Horton?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

Re: Press conference at 11am...

In Response to Re: Press conference at 11am...:
    Source of the PC?
    Posted by DanteFratto

John Bishop: 
    BTW

This morning beginning at 11:00 a.m., and via a conference call, the hockey press will speak with Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli.

There's no doubt that some of the rumors about the B's draft picks and roster will be addressed at that time.

So, keep it here and we'll try to get the audio and a synopsis of the call up ASAP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's a little different than a press conference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Press conference? no rumors or buzz Ive seen on the web this morning. wonder what it could be

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

That's a little different than a press conference.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Wow...is winning a battle of semantics THAT important to you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

This is probably nothing. B's management will be traveling to the draft in a couple/few days and FA is looming among other things, so this is a very busy period for them. A conference call is an efficient way to connect with the media when availability is limited.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532136

Theres no doubt this is only the hockey press putting questions to PC as to rumours, his plan of attack etc etc in which PC will only say, we have inquired about a ouple of trades, blah blah blah

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Press conference? no rumors or buzz Ive seen on the web this morning. wonder what it could be
    Posted by Boston-kyle

Seems like more of a Q&A session about the coming week.

From the Bish on the B's website:

"There's no doubt that some of the rumors about the B's draft picks and roster will be addressed at that time."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Press conference at 11am... : Wow...is winning a battle of semantics THAT important to you?
    Posted by twentyfour

It's not a battle of semantics, it's delivering information correctly.  With the most exciting day in recent history pending, and the potential for something big to happen at any moment, posting a thread that say there is a press conference is careless.  A press conference is called to make an announcement.

This is Chiarelli having a conference call with members of the press to answer questions.

No need to get everyone all excited.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I have to admit that I was a little excited seeing that there was a press conference.  Maybe he will have something to announce that could happen between now and then.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It would be like having a thread's subject be "Bruins trade for the #3 pick!"

and then the body is, "wouldn't it be great?"

It is just careless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

In Response to Re: Press conference at 11am... : It's not a battle of semantics, it's delivering information correctly.  With the most exciting day in recent history pending, and the potential for something big to happen at any moment, posting a thread that say there is a press conference is careless.  A press conference is called to make an announcement. This is Chiarelli having a conference call with members of the press to answer questions. No need to get everyone all excited.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

My apologies to everyone.  The information was given to me as "press conference at 11am" by someone that's usually a hell of a lot more reliable (and usually more paticular about word choice).  Added to that, I'm having a day.  Sorry for the bad info and for the snark.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2156653/0621_ccall_chiarellipredraft.MP3

Here is the link if you want to listen to the conference call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Press conference at 11am... : My apologies to everyone.  The information was given to me as "press conference at 11am" by someone that's usually a hell of a lot more reliable (and usually more paticular about word choice).  Added to that, I'm having a day.  Sorry for the bad info and for the snark.
    Posted by twentyfour

Twentyfour - No big deal. Really. Hope your day gets better, man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2156653/0621_ccall_chiarellipredraft.MP3 Here is the link if you want to listen to the conference call.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Very good listening and bravo for this link of PC's conference call with the media.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

In Response to Re: Press conference at 11am... : Twentyfour - No big deal. Really. Hope your day gets better, man.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Thanks..me too.  A beer might help.  Is lunch too soon to start?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In Response to Re: Press conference at 11am... : Very good listening and bravo for this link.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer
    yes great job san dog brewin-sam adams

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

Lunch too soon? If you had asked if breakfast was too soon I might give pause, but lunch? Hell no!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

Lunch too soon? If you had asked if breakfast was too soon I might give pause, but lunch? Hell no!!!!!!!
    Posted by choclab511

I'm glad I have your support...that's good enough for me.  Suppose the boss will mind?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well...that was anticlimactic.

[had to put down my pint to type that.]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Whether it was a press conference or a conference call I think we can all agree that is was a useless waste of time.  Why call the media together to basically say...no new information. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: Press conference at 11am... : I'm glad I have your support...that's good enough for me.  Suppose the boss will mind?
    Posted by twentyfour

Not if he doesn't know.  ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Whether it was a press conference or a conference call I think we can all agree that is was a useless waste of time.  Why call the media together to basically say...no new information. 
    Posted by Raskman

For Chiarelli, it was probably a time-saving measure.  He has likely been hounded by the media for statements regarding this week's draft.  By having a conference call, he can answer all of the questions at once, instead of responding to each individual reporter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

My old beer league Teams Motto

"Beer So Much More Than Just a Breakfast Drink!"

Boss won't mind as long as it is not his private stash or if you invite him/her.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Press conference at 11am... : I'm glad I have your support...that's good enough for me.  Suppose the boss will mind?
    Posted by twentyfour

OMG, I have been a bigger ahhhh whatever than most on here.  Information will be filtered, don't need to reach for the pint unless a beautiful woman is sitting next to you.  That said be free to post, beware of the assassins who think in detail to the point of pointlessness.  Also beware of myself, I tend to generalize beyond all connections.  Got to love hockey fans nonetheless, better than any other fandom blogs by far.