RASK!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsenstephanie. Show olsenstephanie's posts

RASK!!!!!!!

Rask = a nice calm 4-0 shutout

If Thomas was in net it would have been a 4-3 nail biter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Re: RASK!!!!!!!

He is looking like the real deal. I think the loafs are going to regret trading him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

It`s fine to see a goalie without 5 hole.
    Jeff Gorton, our 2006 interim GM has made more for the Bruins in 2 months
    than Chiarelli in 3 years. Think Rask, Kessels, Lucic.

I know this post will not deserve me free ticket for the next game, but it`s my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Don't worry folks we will get to see the NHL GAA leader and SV% leader in another 2 weeks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJJustSell. Show JJJustSell's posts

why this guy is not the starting goalie is beyond any reasoning. Especially when you flipper give-up those continous weak 5 holers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

You know why Rask only faced 18 shots?  Rebound control.  Thomas turns 18 shots into 30 or 40 shots by giving the opponent 2nd and 3rd rebound chances and just keeping the puck in the defensive zone in general by not being able to smother or control any shots coming at him. 

Do you Thomas lovers really think it is just luck the offense only scores goals when Rask is in goal?  When the defense is constantly running around tracking down Thomas's bad rebounds in the slot, the team is unnecesarily playing 180 feet from the offensive zone a lot more than they should.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

I dont need to post when abra-cadaver is around.

You nailed it!

*small print: I like TT's story...not the long term contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wow, an entire thread of people who have a clue.  Can it be?

No Chinese fire drills.  No panicking defensmen looking over their shoulders waiting for disaster.

Dont forget... not only does Rask not give up ridiculous rebounds and awful goals, but he doesnt need to make circus saves all night long.  Funny how that works.

Goaltending hasnt changed that much in the last 40 years.  Plante would love this kid.

Very enjoyable game to watch.  Too bad its once a month now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

OR it could be that the bruins put in a full 60-minute effort for the first time in recent memory? That the D played well in front and didn't give up as many chances as they have in most recent games?

Yeah, Rask is awesome and I love that fact he's the  B's goalie of the future, but to sit here and blame the scores of recent games on Thomas is either assinine, or the opinions of people who didn't actually watch the games!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

I agree davecarr. Hilarious the attacks on Thomas as the be all and end all of this hockey team ahahah.

Forget the fact he is the reigning vezina champ...or that he is tied for the most shutouts this season. It truly goes to show that to be loved by the fans you must be a perfect human being, lots of ups without any downs.

Long live Tim Thomas...I for one love his flip flopping and the passion he brings to this team each and every start. ps. I love Rask too...and hope we can enjoy having the best goaltending duo each and every year...as we may just nab it a second year in a row...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

You know why Rask only faced 18 shots? The whole team played brilliantly and totally dominated Atlanta. One of the best team performances of the season following one of the worst.

"Less than 20 shots, no breakaways, no 3-on-2s," Rask said. "I saw pretty much
    every shot."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=291230001

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Rask is a really good goaltender but last night I watched a total TEAM effort.  If the Bruins played like this every night, it wouldn't matter whos in net...Rask or Thomas...both are great goalies!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

scottm50  says it all and well said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Rask should play in the Winter Classic K thanks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Did any of you people see the blurb on the TV screen where the Bruins have scored 1 goal OR LESS in 14 of the 38 games?  Thomas' Save% is still pretty damn respectable and if the Bruins had managed 1 or more goal in those 4 games his record would be a hell of a lot better too. 

If Rask was in net for those same 14 games, guess what - he's not your GAA or Save% leader this year - because in those games the Bruins defense AND "awfence" have combined for some pretty bad games.

Did anybody see Chris Mason last year?  Or some guy named Andrew Raycroft a few years ago who were the 'future' and Calder Trophy winners?  Did we see what happened their sophomore campaigns?  Mmkay.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

"You know why Rask only faced 18 shots?  Rebound control.  Thomas turns 18 shots into 30 or 40 shots by giving the opponent 2nd and 3rd rebound chances and just keeping the puck in the defensive zone in general by not being able to smother or control any shots coming at him.  "

Rask averages 28 shots against a game, Thomas averages 29.6.

You're telling me that the reason Rask faces a whole 1.6 shots less a game is because of superior rebound control?  Take your head out of your butt please.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

lots to think about when it comes to our tenders but one can't deny that pucks seem to go right through thomas at the worst times.  when goals are at a premium watching your goalie siv pucks through his legs and arm pits can get old.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from relicsun. Show relicsun's posts

davecarr is right.
    Dave did you use to work at GE in the burg?
    If so then I knows ya.
    Sure Timmy has more goals against him but the D plays better, for some reason, when Rask is in net. Plus Rask doesn't play every night (not saying Rask isn't a star in the making because he is the future of this team). One more note you need two great goaltenders if you want to win it all. If one good goalkeeper goes down then you lean on the other like what you saw earlier this year. Don't forget the element of TEAM which includes both goalies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raithrover. Show raithrover's posts

My opinion may not count for much as I only get to watch Bruins here in Scotland on NESN, but I am a big Bruins fan and from what I see we are lucky to have as a pair probably the best duo in the league in nets, Thomas has made a few mistakes but hell, he has also made some huge gamewinning saves, he is still the man with the experience and the team No1, Rask is the ideal man for back-up and his time as first choice is not far away and CJ knows this and is naturing him nicely, I have a few concerns about team weakness but the netminding is not one of them, lets get off Thomas back, could be worse we could have Toskela!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from relicsun. Show relicsun's posts

Raithrover gets it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from terry24. Show terry24's posts

No question Rask has played well, but you have to play Thomas also. Not only to give the B's a solid tandem (I miss the days of Moog and Lemelin), but also to have a Vezina winner playing his best hockey should the Bruins want to package him as part of a trade.

That said, it seems to me that his contract is so bloated for the level of play he's given them this year that it would seem moving him would be next to impossible, and he's not getting any younger.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

TT bloated contract? Have you seen Huet recently?

If they were scoring loads of goals and still losing I'd say there was a problem. Thing is he still has a respectable GAA despite giving up the odd stinker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

my 2cents in all this mess is THIS SEASON are goaltending is better than last year with manny not on the team,,Rask nice shutout,over the thrash go bruins