Re-watch Lucic vs. Orr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Re-watch Lucic vs. Orr

I just re-watched the Lucic vs. Orr fight and have to say that I got caught up in the hype.  I guess my initial reaction was because I wanted Lucic and the Bruins to wake up from this mess of a season.  I wanted to see the old Lucic destroy someone.  When he didn't win the fight my first thought was that he chickened out.  After reading that he had his nose broken and re-watching the fight on hockeyfights.com I have to say it wasn't the scene everyone is making it to be.  He lost the fight..the linesman should have jumped in at the end..started to then backed out...and both guys were ready for the fight to end.  Orr would have gone more but I don't think it was the "disgrace" I originally agreed with.  

I hope others re-watch the fight...I would love to hear what you think after seeing it again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Re: Re-watch Lucic vs. Orr

Here is the fight watch closely and give a honest opinion on what happened. While Lucic was done I dont believe he ran!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzecGFw2M_o

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

I also want to say Lucic held his own with one of the toughest guys in the league until the end!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tuukka, As mentioned on BruinsBlog "Please name a fighter who is undefeated ? The Bs pay Thornton $500K to do that job Not Lucic $4Mil"

As we have all have had our beaks wacked really hard ,especially when you have it wacked by a big man like Colton Orr, I don't think Lucic is a coward or he's a wimp for not wanting to finish that fight. That had to hurt like a Mo F0!

Here's what happens when Orr fights someone his own size! There's always someone bigger and stronger out there lick you wounds and move on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Qtef3DECI

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Re-watch Lucic vs. Orr:
    Here is the fight watch closely and give a honest opinion on what happened. While Lucic was done I dont believe he ran!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzecGFw2M_o
    Posted by notacryingwino

Thanks ! 
    What did Don Cherry see ???? Come on !  The only time Looch stopped for a moment was when he got stunned with that big shot that probably broke his nose .  He still continued the fight and yes at one point the linesmen looked like they were stepping in and then backed off again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

First time seeing it and not the bs I've been hearing.

Luc had him from the start and let him right his sweater, too much of this code shiite, when you have a guy running your players every game like he does you take him on and pummel him and don't let up.

Luc was done, yes, when they got seperation and he got resituated he was ready to go again, broken nose or not. It didn't hurt his feelings that they stepped in but he was ready.

No shame in that fight just wish he'd fight everyone like they were Komasarik and not let up until they are down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Nice call Tuuk and everyone else, finally some common sense.  It's a tough thing to watch, we all want to see the Looch who beat down his opponents at will last year (Komisarek's never been the same).  I remember Neely getting his nose broken by Lindy Ruff, everyone said he lost the fight, my brother and I defended him 'til the cows came home, I still watch that fight and swear he won it regardless of the nose!

I watched Chara destroy David Kochi with a broken nose and to be quite honest I wish Kochi would have quit or Chara let up as it was quite gross to watch.  Wonder what Grapes would have said had either of thois guys quit.

The only reason Don Cherry is still on the air is because the CBC is pathetic and has absolutley no better options.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Lucic could have really messed him up with the jersey pulled over his head, but he did the honorable thing and held up- they should have stepped in right then. Then after trading some good shots - Lucic got tagged, and was hurt. Orr should have returned the favor and let it go, but he's too much of a low life. Lucic was wasted by then and had nothing left...he assumed they were going to step in again-they should have but didn't. F***K C. Orr, the refs, and especially Don Cherry. Lucic got hung out to dry by all of them. And you can keep "Big Z" too, he should have given Orr what he deserves, but doesn't have the guts. This team has been physically abused by Toronto all season, but just won't stand up for each other.
    The coach and the "captain" allow this? - sickening

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Amazing how much this year's Chara reminds me of his first year in Boston, last year he turned into the man, this year, injuries, yeah maybe, just doesn't seem to have that hunger.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

i don't care who you are...you can't win every fight every time.  occasionally, someone will get a punch in that will stun you. the fact is he stod up and he fought.  he is not the only fighter in the league; he cannot win every fight. wish everyone would stand up this year.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree that Lucic had Orr in a though spot when Orr had is jersey on top of his face and did not punch him. Btw if you look at the replay Lucic is the first one to drop the gloves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Milan handled himself well with a superior fighter. This was Shawn's responsibilty to address. But it did not work out that way when it went down. So be it. That is not my Don Cherry that made those comments last night. That was a TV star playing his game. Just like the rest of the media, and several posters here, are hopping on the anti Lucic bandwagon. Skates on, or no skates on, if you have ever woken up the day after a violent altercation, with a broken nose/hand/dislocated shoulder/sprained ankle, etc., you would have a better appreciation of the job Milan did last night. And he played a good game to boot, which is what hockey is all about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Great news is they play Toronto Tuesday Night.  Rematch??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pauly,
    he doesnt have to have a rematch...he did his job...I say Chara should go in there and grab a hold of him...I don't care what the score is...Chara is the captain and he should be the man to do that job...if Chara does that he will get some big pts in my eyes...he should have done it the same night.

Nol,
    CBC as a network is a joke...but HNC is far from a joke...it is the best hockey coverage in the history of the game and continues to be.  TSN is catching up.  But HNC is the top dog.  Grapes was just having a moment...he often calls out players...thats his thing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Shup...agreed on CBC, like I said, I'm Canandian and well aware of Grapes having watched him for 30+ years.  CBC relies on HNC, other than that they are completely pathetic  They have a history of Beaurocacy, bad spending, bad decisions and awful programming.  They are the butt end of jokes to be precise. 

The one big problem with Cherry is that he is so stuborn he refuses to listen to anything other than his own opinions, his sidekick Ron MacLean often makes him look stupid and will more times than not save face (from a Cherry comment) by being Johnny on the spot with a joke at the end (often at Don's expense and ignorance). 

Anyway, here we all are again, giving Don another moment in the sun!  Let's see what ranspires tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I am sure that we will see a rematch in the future when Lucic is fully healty and he will make people forget this fight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

pauly, he doesnt have to have a rematch...he did his job...I say Chara should go in there and grab a hold of him...I don't care what the score is...Chara is the captain and he should be the man to do that job...if Chara does that he will get some big pts in my eyes...he should have done it the same night. Nol, CBC as a network is a joke...but HNC is far from a joke...it is the best hockey coverage in the history of the game and continues to be.  TSN is catching up.  But HNC is the top dog.  Grapes was just having a moment...he often calls out players...thats his thing
    Posted by shuperman

You might not care what the score was, but the Bruins do. They're fighting for a playoff spot and points are at a premium. When was the last time you saw a player - ANY player - as the third man into a fight like that (not a scrum)? Especially a guy who's logging almost 30 minutes a game. Losing Chara for the rest of that game would have doomed the Bruins.

As for Chara fighting himself, he's got a broken/dislocated finger that will require ligament surgery at the end of the season. Just looking at it is nausea-inducing  Beyond the fact that the guy's playing in pain every moment of every game, if he gets into a fight, he risks a match penalty, which means an automatic suspension.

47.15  Match Penalty - Any player or goalkeeper wearing tape or any other material on his hands (below the wrist) who cuts or injures an opponent during an altercation will receive a match penalty in addition to any other penalties imposed including for fighting under this rule.

Chara has gotten into one fight since hurting his hand, and it came in a game in which the Bruins were (apparently) comfortably ahead, though they almost ended up losing in the end.

I'm quite certain that being unable to fight is frustrating in the extreme for Chara. He has never been the type to back away from anyone, and it was pretty obvious that he chafed under Lewis's "no fighting" edict. But he's the captain of this team, and the team comes first. Indulging his temper for his own satisfaction (and to shut up his critics) is something he won't do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

duinne,

if you had a young brother that was beat up by the local bully I would hope you would stand up for him after he was beat up...yes the Bruins are fighting for the playoffs and in doing so a captain stepping up in a crucial time would have been nice.  Iggy got into a fight in every series on the way to the cup and in the finals...think that shows the rest of his guys something...its picking spots....and the other night was a spot where I would have liked him to step up...

Chara going for 5 minutes against the Leafs doesnt bother me...if we can't go 5 minutes without our captain after making a TEAM statement we shouldnt make the playoffs anyway...
    Chara's injury aside he can at least get involved to make it look like he cares...this is hockey not checkers...at least stick your nose in there and say something...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_fUaFX0MRI

This is another option.  Koci got into this fight with a broken nose, and then got popped in it again.

I don't see him crying to the refs.

Of course, none of this would have even been an issue if Lucic had pummeled Orr when Orr had his jersey over the head...instead of fixing it for him.  It was much worse when Thornton pulled Orr's jersey over the head and then told the refs to come in and stop the fight.

It's a FIGHT.  The idea is the hurt the other guy.  The code is dumb.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nol,

hey man, tonight should be vintage grapes...here is how it will start, Max Lapierre, followed by Canada winning gold...and if he has time he may throw the Lucic matter in...he may even recant on what he said...its never a dull moment...

And you are bang on in regards to CBC...they havent been the same since Beachcombers left the air...haha...HNC is the only thing they have to save that pathetic channel...it would be like PBS having ESPN Fox coverage of the NFL...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

Ya.. the code is "dumb". The idea is to "hurt the other guy", not to send him to the hospital or the morgue. That'd be great, eh? I can see the headlines. Someone gets pummeled with their jersey up over their head, that'd be great for hockey. Think they're cracking down on fighting now?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

How do you spell CLOWN?  Don Cherry. Lucic fought one of the toughest guys in hockey. Good for Looch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRJB1. Show CRJB1's posts

I don't remember Colton ever winning a fight when he was with us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

I don't remember Colton ever winning a fight when he was with us.
    Posted by CRJB1

You don't remember when he broke Wade Belak's jaw.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Looch had the visor on today so i think his nose is broken. Orr is tough. I wish he was still a B.