Re-watch Lucic vs. Orr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Re: Re-watch Lucic vs. Orr

In Response to Re: Re-watch Lucic vs. Orr:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_fUaFX0MRI This is another option.  Koci got into this fight with a broken nose, and then got popped in it again. I don't see him crying to the refs. Of course, none of this would have even been an issue if Lucic had pummeled Orr when Orr had his jersey over the head...instead of fixing it for him.  It was much worse when Thornton pulled Orr's jersey over the head and then told the refs to come in and stop the fight. It's a FIGHT.  The idea is the hurt the other guy.  The code is dumb.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Hey Not-A-Shot,  did you know the NHL has changed in the last 15 years or so?  The idea behind fighting is usually not to actually hurt the other guy, it's to fire your team up to get 'em to play better and win.  It's more of a strategic move than something that's done in anger.  In fact today, the best fighters don't fight in anger. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

There is NO point in a rematch under the present terms .. Lucic has a broken nose... Why risk even more injury when it is clear that he B's are better off with him in the lineup than without him....Same holds true for Chara... Sure, I'd would have liked seem him step up and take on Orr when challenged but.. if we are to make the playoff this year.. w eneed him down the stretch.. There wil be plenty of time next year for payback...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Lucic got struck on the nose and then decided to be conservative that's all.  If it was the other way around i am sure that Orr would have done the same thing which is protect himselm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lucic got struck on the nose and then decided to be conservative that's all.  If it was the other way around i am sure that Orr would have done the same thing which is protect himselm.
    Posted by lucaooo

The difference being that lucic would have let up if Orr said he was hurt.Orr on the other hand saw it as his chance to look like a tough guy(like when he jumped Begin later).The guy has no class.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In Response to Re: Re-watch Lucic vs. Orr : The difference being that lucic would have let up if Orr said he was hurt.Orr on the other hand saw it as his chance to look like a tough guy(like when he jumped Begin later).The guy has no class.
    Posted by dezaruchi

The only thing I would say about this is that when Chara fought Koci and it was obvious he was hurt he could have easily let up and stopped throwing punches, Koci was a bloody mess, not sure I would say Orr has no class, Chara did the same thing.  Orr is a fighter and nothing else, not sure what he was trying to do with Begin, he's not the only one, you can't throw a big hit in this league anymore without fear of having to fight.