Real fans support their team no matter what

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Real fans support their team no matter what

I am leaving in Montreal and have been a Bruins fan since Bobby Orr <debut>....always supported my team and believe me it is tough here in Mtl to be a Bruins fans ...I read all kinds of stupid comments on this board and when I look at the Mtl fans I just cant believe what I see.....20,000 fans for a practice last week end , 14,000 in the Bell Center this week to see a movie about their team (who played even worst than the Bruins right now) and believe it or not they have 3 one hour TV shows at three different networks on Prime time that talks about the Mtl canadiens every single night and a radio station CKAC that talks about the Mtl cdns all day long , 7 days a week and all year long even in July .this is just unreal I just cant stand it  ......BRUINS fans its time to support our team who despite the fact that Savard and Looch have been out for a month are still not that far away from the 1st place .....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Re: Real fans support their team no matter what

I understand where you are coming from Stanley CuptotheBruin. I am Canadian Bruins Fan living in Southern Ontario my wife is French Canadian and all six brothers and relatives are Montreal Canadien fans and here I am a Bruins fan since the Orr era. Every play off match against the Habs is intense last year sweep was the best thing since slice bread; it was almost like losing my virginity again. The Bostonians are fortunate to be surrounded by Bruins fans. To top it off I am a die hard Red Sox and Celtics fan because of Yaz and Bird. I have boxes and plastic bins full of Boston sports items and thousands of cards, I will never surrender my loyality and honor to the opposing fans NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

The difference between Boston & Montreal is that up there the Habs are the only team in town. The Bruins have the Celtics, Pats, and to some extent the Red Sox to compete with. The media coverage isn't going to be as extensive.

As far as supporting a team no matter what. Yes & no. I always rout for my teams. But if they're not putting a competitive team on the playing surface why should I spend my hard-earned dollars on the product? Not to mention the fact that the Jacobs family has a history of taking their fans for granted & gouging them at the ticket office & concession stands.

So yes, I support my teams no matter what. But not necessarily monetarily.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

sugdenflu thanks for your post sometimes I can not see from perception of living in Boston. And yes the Bruins organization is cheap and money hungry, does have money to spend to build a Stanley Cup and I sometimes get sick of it . Living in Boston you have choice of what sports team to buy a ticket for. Me if i lived in Boston i will be watching the Celtics live and the Bruins on TV. Thanks again sugdenflu.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

In Response to Re: Real fans support their team no matter what:
    [QUOTE]sugdenflu thanks for your post sometimes I can not see from perception of living in Boston. And yes the Bruins organization is cheap and money hungry, does have money to spend to build a Stanley Cup and I sometimes get sick of it . Living in Boston you have choice of what sports team to buy a ticket for. Me if i lived in Boston i will be watching the Celtics live and the Bruins on TV. Thanks again sugdenflu.
    Posted by Canbostondoit[/QUOTE]Thank you for being a true Bruins fan, even though you live in enemy territory! I'm sure thats not always easy. Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

Love to hear that the B's have great support up in Canada. I also live in the Boston area and having 4 major sports teams with 3 being as successful as they have makes it very difficult here for the Bruins to get enough recognition. With the way they have been playing they are pretty fortunate that the Pats collapse took place on Sunday or they would be taking a lot more heat from the media. Cam Neely actually mentioned on his interview with Felger and Mazz yesterday that it was pretty good timing for the Pats debacle which has somewhat kept the B's struggles under the radar around here. Cam also noted that he was pissed about the B's play on Monday night. That being said the B's are my number one team around here and as frustrating as it has been of late I refuse to lose faith. I'm sure you have all seen this video from last year but it still gives me chills every time I watch it. Keep the faith B's nation no matter how bad Recchi, Sturm and Wideman are... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zpKXfOP2gY

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Trust me--it's way easier being a Bruins fan living in montreal than it is to be a Bruins fan living in Boston.

You have the underdog mentality that comes with being in enemy territory rooting for the "wrong" team and so it's natural for you to be far more forgiving for the organizational apathy the Bruins top brass shows for its fans year after year.

put yourselves in the shoes of a Bruins fan living in the shadow of the 3 other successful franchises in town who DELIVERED on the promise of a title for their fans, while the Bruins year after year fail to even come close.

Being a real fan sometimes means demanding more from the people who run the organization, and B's fans are overdue a HUGE bill of thanks.

1972 is practically ancient history and there's no positive end in (short) sight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Dont give up my friend...me too surrended by french canadians...I am french canadian my self ...I support with pride my team and always wear my Bruins hat when I go to a sport event ..always have my Bruins sticker on my Ford Escape ..despite my wife<s comment ....TY for being a Bruins fans there are a lot of B,s fans accross Canada ....my next trip to Boston (yearly trip to see the Bruins) will be Janiuary 1st at the Fenway park

GO BRUINS ! !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

That much is true, having said that it doesn't make any easier to watch this team struggle the way they have so far this season? Last years loss to Carolina was really tough blow to their confidence.When they lost to Montreal in 7 the previous season,it was on a high note having little or no expectation of beating them.With being the favorite this year don't seem to carry the same swagger.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

So many great posts on this thread.  Huge thanks/hellos to Canadian Bruins fans.  I agree with Try to Bear it in particular.  Even when the Bruins win big, they are the last sports team showcased on the news.  They are treated as an after thought as if hockey doesn't count.  That's tough to see day in and day out.  Also, no matter what the Bruins accomplish, the Red Sox are usually on page 1 of the sports page, even during the off season.  So fellow Bruins fans, you have to support the team with it's ups and downs.  If you don't want to pay Jacobs, visit the team for free at Ristuccia in Wilmington and watch them practice.  I guarantee you will have new respect for the players and they are the most down to earth athletes.  Exceptionally nice to their fans.  Get your tickets game day or at the discounted shows through Ace Tickets and pay a fraction of the price.  I do wish management would eventually pull a Stanley Cup team together.  Glad Cam is on board, too.  Thanks for letting me rant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Yes i agree, but when you haven't won in almost 40 years it is maddening
    However because of Orr and Espo I am a Bruin fan for life
    I live in Toronto and it is killing me watching Kessel score almost every night and the Bruins can't buy a goal

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Yes I understand living in Southern Ontario the toronto media makes me ill and the Kessel hi lites; but then I turn off the TV and watch Fever Pitch and Don Cherry's video and fast forward to Stan Jonathan beating up Bouchard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]So many great posts on this thread.  Huge thanks/hellos to Canadian Bruins fans.  I agree with Try to Bear it in particular.  Even when the Bruins win big, they are the last sports team showcased on the news.  They are treated as an after thought as if hockey doesn't count.  That's tough to see day in and day out.  Also, no matter what the Bruins accomplish, the Red Sox are usually on page 1 of the sports page, even during the off season.  So fellow Bruins fans, you have to support the team with it's ups and downs.  If you don't want to pay Jacobs, visit the team for free at Ristuccia in Wilmington and watch them practice.  I guarantee you will have new respect for the players and they are the most down to earth athletes.  Exceptionally nice to their fans.  Get your tickets game day or at the discounted shows through Ace Tickets and pay a fraction of the price.  I do wish management would eventually pull a Stanley Cup team together.  Glad Cam is on board, too.  Thanks for letting me rant.
    Posted by Believe1[/QUOTE]

Those are excellent suggestions (esp. getting tix at a discount when you can)...unfortunately for the fan it also kinda helps JJ b/c he doesn't even need to sell out the Garden to rake in his $$$$...he just needs to avoid the kind of "good year to paint the seats" houses you see in phoenix and Florida...point is there's no incentive for him to really truly put together a championship team. He doesn't even live in Boston--has no sentimentality about being a local hero (like Bob Kraft did w/the Pats)...all he ever cared about is his bottom line and since he bought the B's for a song back in '75 he's still singing a happy tune to the bank whether the cup comes here or not....so we're da*ned if we support the team by letting him get away w/lousy teams year in and year out, and we're da*ned if we don't by being labeled 'bad fans" or "whiners" by those who should be a little wiser about such things.

Remember this: JJ was THE MOST VOCAL PROPONENT for a salary cap. Why? If he cared about a Cup, he should have been arguing against it, b/c having sucha lucrative franchise and fan base and in a big market he could out-spend other teams and have an advantage putting together a Cup-caliber sqiad. But JJ realized that if no one is allowed to spend more than $55 M or so, then he doesn't have to  either, and since HE can easily afford $55 M in salary (as opposed to say spending $25 M more to put together a winner), then he can go to the fans and say "hey--what do you want from me? We're spending to the Cap! Of course we care about winning the Cup! look at all the $$$ we're spending!"....

I honestly feel--and this is why it's so difficult being a Bruins fan...one who grew up idolizing the Orr/Espo and even Park/Middleton teams of the 70's--that they simply will not win a championship with Jacobs as owner. I want to believe otherwise, but my gut--and the evidence before my eyes--tells me different.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

JJ f@c@ked years ago when he had ray and cam but he is not doing anything wromg right nowhe is spending to the cap which is what he is supposed to do so quit complaining about the past

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]JJ f@c@ked years ago when he had ray and cam but he is not doing anything wromg right nowhe is spending to the cap which is what he is supposed to do so quit complaining about the past
    Posted by ignaceontario[/QUOTE]

Do you even read other peoples' posts all the way thru before shooting off a response? I explained quite clearly why spending to the cap is a perfect red herring for JJ and an excuse for him not to do the extra work it takes to win a cup.

Virtually every franchise (w/the exception of the Coyotes and a few other small market teeterers) can spend to the cap....that's the point of why JJ wanted one....he wanted an excuse NOT to spend more than other teams to do what it took to win the Cup.

You're the perfect type of fan for him...a gullible one. Keep enjoying those $12 watered down lite beers while watching them lose 2-1 to the Wild.

unbelievable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real fans support their team no matter what :....he wanted an excuse NOT to spend more than other teams to do what it took to win the Cup.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    It's a pretty good excuse when you can't really avoid it.  Maybe he could shell out more on the GM and scouting department, but I don't think either could be upgraded enough to make a big impact.
    The only other option is with burying contracts in Providence.  I can think of two problems with that though.  First, if you have to bury an albatross in the AHL, it means you've already made a pretty bad mistake.  At that point, your team is probably in a bad position no matter what so it doesn't matter much.  More pertinent though, is the cap implications.  As you pointed out, the cap is Jacobs' baby.  I don't think he would be happy with his team circumventing the cap in any significant way because it would undermine the cap itself and make him out to be a hypocrite.

No, if you want to argue that Jacobs will continue to hinder the Bruins' championship chances I think you need to argue almost the opposite way.  They may not win because he won't want to take the financial hit he would incur if the team were really awful several years in a row.  That's probably the surest way to put together a talented team in the cap era (just look at Pittsburgh).  But if the bottom line is the driving concern (and evidence certainly suggests it is) nearly completely loosing the fan base just to make the team better some time in the next decade just doesn't enter on the plan. 

That's an argument I could buy.

If those draft picks work out, we might be about to enter a time when we can 'have our cake and eat it too'.  Though I think right now the Bruins are looking a bit too much like carrot cake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real fans support their team no matter what : Do you even read other peoples' posts all the way thru before shooting off a response? I explained quite clearly why spending to the cap is a perfect red herring for JJ and an excuse for him not to do the extra work it takes to win a cup. Virtually every franchise (w/the exception of the Coyotes and a few other small market teeterers) can spend to the cap....that's the point of why JJ wanted one....he wanted an excuse NOT to spend more than other teams to do what it took to win the Cup. You're the perfect type of fan for him...a gullible one. Keep enjoying those $12 watered down lite beers while watching them lose 2-1 to the Wild. unbelievable.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Only sheep like pauly1 have trouble wrapping their feeble minds around this very basic concept.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Through thick and thin..........GO B's!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoonieMcKutchins. Show BoonieMcKutchins's posts

[QUOTE]Through thick and thin..........GO B's!!!!
    Posted by BeantownBDH[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

I hope that sheep isn't for me. If it is, go jump on another bandwagon.

http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=aff8bdcf0aab7007d680ccecb7c57c17&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=aff8bdcf0aab7007d680ccecb7c57c17&plckPostId=Blog%3aaff8bdcf0aab7007d680ccecb7c57c17Post%3a134281ce-a5ff-4548-98e1-8f53f08aa5b0&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest